UConn Baseball 2020 | Page 11 | The Boneyard

UConn Baseball 2020

Reaction Score
... just a matter of time before the plug is pulled (or postponed for a month or so).

Reaction Score

Well, it was a nice and eventful season for UConn baseball while it lasted, whether it comes back in a month or so or not. While I'm disappointed that they pulled the plug on the season of a team that I'm obviously obsessed with, it really looks like the authorities did what they had to do. Still, I'm most certainly going to miss it.

Reaction Score
Well, it was a nice and eventful season for UConn baseball while it lasted, whether it comes back in a month or so or not. While I'm disappointed that they pulled the plug on the season of a team that I'm obviously obsessed with, it really looks like the authorities did what they had to do. Still, I'm most certainly going to miss it.

I’m gonna miss opening Elliott Ballpark this year if it tracks that way.

Reaction Score
This is going to be interesting in regards to eligibility, will everyone get an extra year of eligibility?
Really complex situation that I'm sure will take time to sort out- is it just seniors? winter and spring sports? what about the incoming freshman, do scholarships and roster sizes get expanded? It will be impossible to make all sides happy.

Reaction Score
I’m gonna miss opening Elliott Ballpark this year if it tracks that way.
I would think the celebratory opener is off no matter what. IF the season were to resume, I would assume it would be limited fan attendance still. Seems like we should look forward to a 2021 opener. Or maybe we all go support the Dugout club for the fall alumni game.

Reaction Score
This is going to be interesting in regards to eligibility, will everyone get an extra year of eligibility?
There's a lot of buzz from all over about this happening, from media guys like Jay Bilas to coaches and ADs (Geno and the UMass AD have both come out in support)

Reaction Score
Do current juniors, sophs and freshman get an extra year? I'd be pissed if I were a junior or soph waiting behind a senior to lose another year of playing time.

Reaction Score
They devil will be in the details >

The devil is indeed in the details. They can increase roster size and all these other things that have been mentioned in this thread. However, I think it is important to remember that only nine players can be in the lineup and only one pitcher can be used at a time.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
It's not going to be a perfect fix no matter what. Maybe add another year to play for frosh through juniors, so 6 years to play four seasons?

Reaction Score
I would think the celebratory opener is off no matter what. IF the season were to resume, I would assume it would be limited fan attendance still. Seems like we should look forward to a 2021 opener. Or maybe we all go support the Dugout club for the fall alumni game.

I've been going to the fall alumni game and barbecue for several years now. It's a fun event. It is one of the highlights of the fall for me. My wife and I both look forward to it.

Reaction Score
Another thing to think about - with baseball, 11.7 scholarships over 25 guys, and then 10 guys with no assistance mean most are footing all or a large portion of the tuition each year. Simply giving them another year might not even be doable financially for the student athlete and their family.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I am going to take a trip shortly to Elliott Park- I must see the park and sit in a seat!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom