UConn Baseball 2019 | Page 10 | The Boneyard

UConn Baseball 2019

Reaction Score
Toppa reflects on stellar baseball career at UConn as it winds down

>>As his career at UConn nears its conclusion, Toppa certainly can look back on it with pride.

“It’s been unbelievable, and it all starts with Coach [Jim] Penders. I think he’s the best coach in college baseball,” Toppa said. “He’s one of the best people I know. He teaches us so many lessons, on and off the field. He’s helped us mature a lot. He’s trying to make us better as players and as people. He’s just helped me in so many ways.”

Toppa most likely will be tuning into the draft — which kicks off June 3 — in the hopes of hearing his name. Should he get overlooked, Toppa eventually plans to put his political science degree to use.

“I definitely will try to take some time to travel a little bit,” Toppa said. “I’ve seen a lot of places through baseball, but I want to take time to explore the world a little bit.

“I’ve got to gain some experience in the corporate world. I’m behind the 8-ball as far as an internship, because of all the time I’ve spent on baseball. I’ll just have to move on from a life on the field with athletics.”<<

Reaction Score
Nice kudos for Coach Mac but...

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogers 4 hours ago
COACHING NEWS: @RutgersBaseball has parted ways with Joe Litterio, who in five seasons, went 140-173-1 overall record, including a 39-78 mark in Big Ten play. #Rutgers is an incredibly difficult job, though.

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogers 43 minutes ago
Two coaches I think are rock stars and I would look at, among others: @UConnBSB pitching coach Josh MacDonald (look at his track record) and @_BryantBaseball skipper Steve Owens. Has done an incredible job with the Bulldogs.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Josh would be a great fit there. Fortunately, Rutgers is not known for great decision making, so I am not worried about losing him.

Reaction Score
Nice kudos for Coach Mac but...

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogers 4 hours ago
COACHING NEWS: @RutgersBaseball has parted ways with Joe Litterio, who in five seasons, went 140-173-1 overall record, including a 39-78 mark in Big Ten play. #Rutgers is an incredibly difficult job, though.

Kendall Rogers @KendallRogers 43 minutes ago
Two coaches I think are rock stars and I would look at, among others: @UConnBSB pitching coach Josh MacDonald (look at his track record) and @_BryantBaseball skipper Steve Owens. Has done an incredible job with the Bulldogs.

No mention of Coach Mac:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom