UConn Baseball 2018 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UConn Baseball 2018

Reaction Score
Don't get me wrong I love Susi, but what does he actually project to be at the professional level? He's very good defensively, but I wouldn't say elite. Lefty bat is great. Doesn't seem to have consistent home run pop, but a really good line drive hitter. To me, that doesn't necessarily scream future MLB starting catcher, which in those first couple rounds are what you're definitely looking for.

Reaction Score
Don't get me wrong I love Susi, but what does he actually project to be at the professional level? He's very good defensively, but I wouldn't say elite. Lefty bat is great. Doesn't seem to have consistent home run pop, but a really good line drive hitter. To me, that doesn't necessarily scream future MLB starting catcher, which in those first couple rounds are what you're definitely looking for.

The MLB draft is the ultimate crapshoot. I think something like only 35-40% of people taken in the 3rd round even make the majors.

Reaction Score
The #1 overall pick from 2-3 years ago is struggling in A ball. Mickey Moniak w/ the Phillies. Hopefully the kid finds his stroke and achieves his potential, but ya just never know.

Reaction Score
Upcoming UConn games in Hartford -

vs Tulane this weekend
vs Houston in May

UConn Baseball Tickets

BSB18_ddp-single-tickets-reminder.jpg

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
With today likely a rainout and possible rain Friday, what is the chance that UConn and URI would play Thursday?

Reaction Score
With today likely a rainout and possible rain Friday, what is the chance that UConn and URI would play Thursday?

Discussed during game by Chris Jones yesterday - doubtful it will be made up...

Reaction Score
Huskies In Hartford: UConn's Troy Stefanski Walks On To Play Leading Role

>>“We’re just a weird group of people,” Stefanski said. “You look at this roster and it’s like ‘all right, I guess we’re just going to piece this together.’ We’ve got guys from all over, guys from JuCo, freshmen, I think everyone just understands that we’re part of something bigger. As a cohesive unit, we can really win some baseball games.”,,

Reaction Score
Mike Anthony: Jim Penders, UConn Baseball Thriving In 2018 Storm

>>“We extend the brand,” Penders said. “We can help raise the profile of the school if we're playing well and can challenge for NCAA postseason play and make a run. You're extending the UConn brand deeper into the summer. It doesn’t have to end with Final Fours. That's one of the greatest values we have to the state, to extend, chronologically, deeper into the calendar year. It's not something we talk to the players about, but it’s something we do. It's a byproduct.”<<

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom