UConn bar in Manhattan | The Boneyard

UConn bar in Manhattan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Will be in NYC for a few days this week on business. Is there a particular bar in Manhattan where UConn fans might tend to congregate for the Cincy game?

Reaction Score
i went to blarney's but soon after realized that its owned by a syracuse fan so i would say dont go there haha

Reaction Score
According to this page for the NYC UConn Alumni Chapter, the official UConn bar for NYC is Van Diemens although Google also brought me to the Yelp reviews for Red Sky which has some reference to rowdy UConn fans as well. I'd probably try the first one.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
According to this page for the NYC UConn Alumni Chapter, the official UConn bar for NYC is Van Diemens although Google also brought me to the Yelp reviews for Red Sky which has some reference to rowdy UConn fans as well. I'd probably try the first one.

I went to Red Sky this year for the UConn Baseball team's game against South Carolina. I had to ask them to change it 3 times to the game and then they kept switching back to a Phillies game even though there were like 6 different tvs with Phillies on. So I can't comment about basketball/football but as far as being a UConn bar for the baseball game it was pretty bad. We ended up staying for the night though and had a really good time. So a fun place, just don't plan on watching UConn there.

Reaction Score
I went to Red Sky once for UConn versus University of San Diego in the NCAA tourney. That was the last time I ever stepped foot into that bar.

There were a lot of UConn fans there though and the bar itself was nice.

Reaction Score
I've been to Van Diemens for NCAA Tournament games and the BCS football game. I can vouch for it. I believe it's owned by a uconn alum. At least for those games, it was insanely packed and very much like actually being at a game. Lots of UConn chants, etc. I'll be back this season whenever I'm in the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom