UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
bfromb avatar
bfromb
Posted on Jan 2nd, 9:03 PM, , User Since 215 months ago, User Post Count: 17314
  • Jan 2nd, 9:03 PM
  • 215 months
No prob - it was funny when Borges basically agreed with Steve that UConn fans are full of themselves thinking they’re better than us (from a rivalry perspective)

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
gregct
Posted on 20 hrs, , User Since 214 months ago, User Post Count: 23254
  • 20 hrs
  • 214 months
Not a dumber fanbase on the planet. And that's no exaggeration. As a general proposition, most UConn fans are completely clueless in general about college basketball. When they are good the fans follow UConn and UConn only. They normally cannot name another player for another team and have very little understanding of anything outside of their own team (and even that is extremely limited).
Ask a typical UConn fan to name a player on an opposing team and they won't be able to do it.

Reaction Score
I just read quotes from Newton who said “we know where we lost the game” defensively, and Hurley who addressed Jackson being left alone at the 3 point line saying that he’s got other options like taking it to the rim. No quotes on Clingan playing time or usage and that probably goes to matchups in the moment, although I hope we don’t see just 7 minutes again.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
We win by not letting them shoot over 50%, not fouling, and wearing them down with our depth, speed, and size

Let’s wear them down

Reaction Score
We win by not letting them shoot over 50%, not fouling, and wearing them down with our depth, speed, and size

Let’s wear them down
I agree, but to wear them down with our depth, that depth has to be used

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
We really need to shut down Corey Floyd Jr, this prized transfer they got. Oh wait…

Reaction Score
Hurley has to worry about our four spot on defense

If Karaban is still defending Hopkins, we're going to need to aggressively double and help to support Karaban. This is all great experience for him, but asking him to defend an all-conference player on his own isn't realistic.

I prefer to throw Jackson on him and let Alex closely defend Locke on 3s despite the size gap.

Reaction Score
If Karaban is still defending Hopkins, we're going to need to aggressively double and help to support Karaban. This is all great experience for him, but asking him to defend an all-conference player on his own isn't realistic.

I prefer to throw Jackson on him and let Alex closely defend Locke on 3s despite the size gap.
Agree with you on Jackson on Hopkins as long as Jackson plays disciplined D--We need him in game for his floor game/boards/playmaking.. Could also see where this could be a situation to use Alleyne on Locke to protect AK from fouls for certain stretches..

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Only way we lose this game is if they wheel Taylor Swift onto the court and she drives past Sanogo for an uncontested layup at the rim.
I can kind of see that happening with Sanogo, staring at her dumbfounded going “wait, is that Taylor Swift?”

(By the way, even though it’s Providence, we are still doomed.)

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I can kind of see that happening with Sanogo, staring at her dumbfounded going “wait, is that Taylor Swift?”

(By the way, even though it’s Providence, we are still doomed.)
The ceiling will open up, the water will pour thru, and the rush of water will float our players away!

Reaction Score
Play Big East Husky hardball. Drive, crash the boards, start the rock fight don't react to it. You know it's coming. Chucking 3s isn't our game. Unleash the Clingan monster early and often. We're not at the FT line because we're not challenging defenses. Providence is a good, not great team but they're not going to just show up. Question is, will we? We got our bell rung a few days ago, who are the leaders on this team? That's what bounce back games tell you. It'll be a good one.
Nice and clear that we have to do. Let's lead not follow. Let PC react to our leading from the start.

Reaction Score
Cooley has a 9-2 record against Hurley. That will take a good long run to turn around. And next up is the Undefeated Greg McDermott. This is a big week for our coach. Since we have started Big East play the team is struggling a bit. The fact we had a deficit to Georgetown in the second half in our gym and they are 0 for their last 24 Big East games is a red flag. The staff better have some rotations that puts Providence at a disadvantage. Sanogo should as well as the entire team be practicing not biting on upfakes every day. This game will tell us a lot about where the season is going.
I agree. Hurley has proven that he can recruit and put together a very good team. But can he win a tough conference game on the road?
Jim Calhoun had consistent success in this area. We shall see.

Reaction Score
we're wearing the black jerseys today? i am a fan of the jerseys (and know that hurley only likes to change it up after a loss) but am a little surprised that we are wearing one of providence's main colors into their stadium.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
a 95 year old rivalry continues....

and now, after a pantload of threads, posts, restaurant rec's, and such on all things Providence, it should finally be clear to all asking the question 'who is our rival?' that the answer is PC. it's big fun.

as always, the records are almost completely irrelevant.
they do have that taylor thing going on lately. she's got juice.
coming up near a hundred years -always changing, always the same.
a good time will be had by all, unless ur a lunatic. don't be a lunatic, as they never have a good time.

and, what is with our native land of New England and stadium tunes?
most places out there have 'we will rock u' and such, you know, normal stuff, but here, we get 'sweet caroline, muddy waters, you belong with me,' and im sure, others like those having almost squat to do with a game at hand.
we should dig up a fiddy cent tune having nothing to do with sport to join in. forget michael bolton or michael booboo or whomever of those types that live here.
jumping is a part of most sport. this is how the others do it out there.
i don't even know the words to caroline, muddy, or the taylor one.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Take my money…

Attachments

• 138B1AF9-529B-4F7A-97C9-0977A8418B07.jpeg
    138B1AF9-529B-4F7A-97C9-0977A8418B07.jpeg
    908.8 KB · Views: 56

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Better view. I don't get it against a team that has black and white as its colors. Hope it helps the mojo.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom