UConn at Ohio State 2025 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn at Ohio State 2025

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
If, by 2025, Army and Buffalo are not at least good chances for wins and Purdue and Syracuse aren't possible wins, then UConn football will be ready for last rites.
Better get the Bible ready

Reaction Score
Don’t expect many good home games in 2025 because that away schedule is absolutely brutal. As much as I love P5 home and homes and yes they are sexy, we all want to win right?
At Syracuse
At Purdue
At Buffalo
At Army
At Ohio State
That’s just brutal. But I hope that home slate is easier.
Win and a legit shot at playoffs, can't say that about AAC schedule.

Reaction Score
As a naysayer on the NBE move, I have to admit AD Dave worked overtime to pull our fannies out of the fire at least on scheduling. Home schedule has me concerned, but the overall quality of opponent is very encouraging. I was expecting a bunch of MAC, C-USA and Sun Belt teams, which would have been certain death.

Reaction Score
Most teams get plastered by OSU. The seniors that will play for UConn in that game graduate high school next year.

If you know you have a chance to play OSU your senior year and you have offers from another AAC or MAC school deos this help or hurt UConn's chances? What if you are an underrated FB player from D'D'Oh?

There is a lot more to this than a paycheck and a potential beat down. Who knows if OSU will still be that OSU once Meyer's recruits leave.

This is a good $$$ move for UConn, and a good road trip. As for the chance that OSU is down in 5 years, it is possible but OSU has won 70% of its games every decade since 1940.

Reaction Score
College Football fan- “Playing at OSU? Sign me up! Awesome experience. Let’s start planning”
Slasher/Classic Connecticut Resident - “You mean I have to drive across the CT river for something? That sucks, I’m not doing that.”

As of today, fly direct from BDL to CLE or CVG and drive 2 hours.

Reaction Score
As a naysayer on the NBE move, I have to admit AD Dave worked overtime to pull our fannies out of the fire at least on scheduling. Home schedule has me concerned, but the overall quality of opponent is very encouraging. I was expecting a bunch of MAC, C-USA and Sun Belt teams, which would have been certain death.

Agree. My biggest "beef" is that the home schedule needs to get better over time.

Reaction Score
Yeah this thread is about Ohio State, but whenever these announcements come out I am compelled to dump in my latest machination to fill that four game hole we have in 2021.

So my new idea (and I acknowledge there are hundreds of possibilities) to fill those four missing games for 2021. Lets break up the 9/18 Coastal Carolina at Buffalo game. Coastal can come here 10/16 and we can go to Buffalo on 10/2. Add the Wyoming home game as 11/7 and push Holy Cross to 11/1. This would leave us with just one more game to pencil with open dates of 9/27, 10/30 and 11/27 to choose from....and hopefully you can get it with a new H&H - although I can't find any FBS programs with open dates for 2021.

The longer we wait on fixing the 2021 hole the more I think it might be tied to a November game at Yankee with a marquee opponent (how about BYU?).

Our renewed four game series with Buffalo doesn't start until 2024. I can't imagine Coastal Carolina views a visit to Buffalo to be any different than a visit to UConn. Buffalo gets us for a replacement which is a decent swap.

Nice to have a thinking man on the Yard!

Reaction Score
Love the Earl Kelly handle Coach J. I went to games back in the day hoping he would find a way for us to win in the brutal old Big East. Why not play OSU? Go Huskies!
Me too, I wore #10 whenever I could and now my kid wears it in high school. Kelly's battles with Earl the Pearl Washington were epic.

Reaction Score
I will wear the badge proudly. Going independent will prove to be a death sentence for this program. Signing a deal to get destroyed by Ohio State doesn’t change my opinion.

The program has been dead for a decade. Have you not noticed?

Reaction Score
I went to Columbus in the early 80's...FSU signed to play in Columbus in back to back years....was a great trip and a good time...

No big pay day...just part of a plan to become seen as a big boy....Bobby was known as "King of the Road" for his willingness to play multiple games at Michigan, Ohio State, LSU, Nebraska, etc without return.

In October of 1981...FSU played @ Nebraska, @ Ohio State, @ Notre Dame, and @ Pitt....

If UConn plays well...it could be a springboard for recruiting.

Bowden followed the ND did when building their programs - same path that Miami took.

Reaction Score
College Football fan- “Playing at OSU? Sign me up! Awesome experience. Let’s start planning”
Slasher/Classic Connecticut Resident - “You mean I have to drive across the CT river for something? That sucks, I’m not doing that.”
Well you know, not everyone has a current passport. You need one to go from Manchester to Meriden.

Reaction Score
Thank God we didn't get a Big 10 invite. Some posters here would be hiding under their sheets every game.

Just as a guess...UConn, in the Big Ten, might be between an Indiana (.299 win rate over last 40 yrs) and a Purdue (.426 win rate) in conference wins. Northwestern is .348, Illinois is .402., Minnesota .369.

At any rate...having a winning record in conference would not come easily.

Reaction Score
Just as a guess...UConn, in the Big Ten, might be between an Indiana (.299 win rate over last 40 yrs) and a Purdue (.426 win rate) in conference wins. Northwestern is .348, Illinois is .402., Minnesota .369.

At any rate...having a winning record in conference would not come easily.

I'm not saying they would come easy, and we probably would have a losing record. That doesn't mean I don't want to still play those teams. Not to mention who knows where this team will be 5 years from now when we play against OSU.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
Hopefully, we can use some of the "pay game" funds, impending tv contract, and expected ticket sale improvement to increase our spend on the coaching staff. If we are going to play a P5 schedule, we need to step up to be competitive. I don't expect that we are going to send our teams in to play the "big boys" with their hands tied behind their backs.

Reaction Score
Hopefully, we can use some of the "pay game" funds, impending tv contract, and expected ticket sale improvement to increase our spend on the coaching staff. If we are going to play a P5 schedule, we need to step up to be competitive. I don't expect that we are going to send our teams in to play the "big boys" with their hands tied behind their backs.

What makes you think that this will happen? You make way to much sense and think too logically. We have an administration that refuses to fund the program appropriately.

C

Chief00

Why? This kind of buy out game has always been available to us (at least since no one had to fear us winning it). We didn't do this often before because we didn't need to.

Look, I'm fine playing a game like this every so often, but it will only be important when and if we've rebounded to the point where we actually have a chance to win the game, as we did when we went to South Bend in '09 or Michigan in '10.

So good news? Sure. But actually change the equation as to whether we can survive and thrive as an Indy? Not even close.
True, and the other challenge is the quality of our home schedule. For now, Randy is putting wins before an attractive home slate. Will the fans fall for that appoach?

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Me too, I wore #10 whenever I could and now my kid wears it in high school. Kelly's battles with Earl the Pearl Washington were epic.
[/
1583347154450.jpeg

Reaction Score
True, and the other challenge is the quality of our home schedule. For now, Randy is putting wins before an attractive home slate. Will the fans fall for that appoach?

Randy has nothing to do with the schedule. And if you haven’t noticed this team can’t exactly count on any wins.

Reaction Score
If Randy doesn't improve UConn's record this year and next, I think he will be shown the exit. My hope is the team will get to a 6 and 6 season soon. Perhaps by the time UConn plays Clemson and Ohio State we will have a respectable loss.

Reaction Score
The home schedule isn’t that bad in the short term. And getting wins is really crucial too. And starting in 2022 the home schedule gets better with BC and Syracuse both regional rivals. Even in 2020 we have Army and Indiana and UMass as a regional draw. If you compare our home slate with UMass I would say we are much better most years

Reaction Score
The home schedule isn’t that bad in the short term. And getting wins is really crucial too. And starting in 2022 the home schedule gets better with BC and Syracuse both regional rivals. Even in 2020 we have Army and Indiana and UMass as a regional draw. If you compare our home slate with UMass I would say we are much better most years
It just hurts to think that UMass is the current standard for home scheduling over the next couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom