UConn at ND analysis | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn at ND analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Actually I'm a fan of Geno the screamer. "Exhausted and distressed"??? Do you think that the ND team may have felt the same? They executed and UConn folded.

Judging from the team's performance last nite a little screaming was deserved.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I was critical of Geno on that very point in another thread. Nice try, though.

BTW, it turns out KML went to the wrong spot on the play which no doubt heightened his frustration. He had a very human reaction. I'm sure he regrets it.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
If he had drawn up a play and KML went to the wrong place I don't blame him for screaming. She won't make the same mistake in the Final Four.

Reaction Score
With his team exhausted and distressed at their own performance, Geno chose to scream at them instead of refocusing plan and attention on the OT period, as it looked to me.

Perhaps someone can spin that one for me.
Let's see, lost 6 games in 4 1/2 years, imagine if he didn't yell . Wow

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Let's see, lost 6 games in 4 1/2 years, imagine if he didn't yell . Wow
Yep, Geno's really changed this year. In years past he would have given her a hug and told her it'll be okay. I don't understand what's gotten into him.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
If he had drawn up a play and KML went to the wrong place I don't blame him for screaming. She won't make the same mistake in the Final Four.
it was interesting to watch the final pay of regulation... Geno and Faris was telling KML to run the baseline to the other side, she ran to the paint and up the middle to the foul line. As I mention somewhere around here I think if she had we all the way over to the other side Bria would have flashed to the basket and Dolson would have set a screen for KML to "launch" a 3 to end the game.

maybe KML was denied the baseline... (I'll take another look if its possible to see)

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Not sure it's more important than the Baylor game, since both are on the road. As a home game for ND, it's more crucial for them than it is for UConn. Conversely the UConn home game will be more important for UConn. And a meeting in the FF would be by far more important, which is why I believe both coaches might hold some strategy option back.

I think the importance that is not being thought about is the confidence gained by Baylor and ND that they can beat UCONN. Regardless of the rankings, Baylor had never beaten UCONN and until they did there was a hint of doubt if they really could. It is kind of the same with ND recently. To have beaten UCONN two times in a row is huge for their confidence.

Many teams feel beaten by UCONN before they ever even take the court. Part of it is the UCONN mystique. To walk on the court knowing that you can beat a team is paramount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom