UCONN at Memphis Game Thread 2-7 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

UCONN at Memphis Game Thread 2-7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It doesn't matter if they win or loose. What matter is their mentally toughness are not the same as Geno's. The consequence could be negative.

The consequence of them playing an easy schedule might be that they aren't used to much tougher competition, thus without a cetain effort that could be negative too.

So what's the big deal? Damned if you do, damned if you don't. But while "it could be a mistake" it doesn't seem this move should be categorized as "Geno lost his mind." Because it could be a positive. You said yourself "could be . . ." Our easy schedule "could be" a problem too.

Reaction Score
John A is reporting this as if Geno simply gave his bigs time off before Monday's game. He can't possibly think that, but his tweets seem to indicate he does.

As the Courant article indicated, he was joking. They benched Coates before the big game, Geno benched his entire pf/c front line.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
As the Courant article indicated, he was joking. They benched Coates before the big game, Geno benched his entire pf/c front line.

Who was joking?

There is less than zero percent chance that Coates sat on a Thursday for a game four days later, just as there is that Stewart, Tuck, and Stokes were benched for any reason other then Geno was furious. I'm not sure why Tuck/Stewart were so much more culpable than the other starters, but there ya go. Stokes had zero rebounds in 8 minutes; not hard to figure why she was called out.

John A had to correct his account of what happened on Twitter.

Reaction Score
Geno was joking as the article you provided a link to said:

"Judging by the way they approached the game, obviously, they are tired," Auriemma joked. "So, I wanted them to be ready for Monday night and the biggest game in the history of basketball. I didn't want to wear them out. Hopefully, they will be ready. That's the best I can tell you."

There isn't a less than zero percent chance Coates was benched in preparation for this game. There is a high probability that Dawn and Geno are of similar cloth - and we know Geno HAS benched stars before like he did with Dolson as others have mentioned (though I can't remember that one.). Even though today he used her name as an example that he didn't bench her; he HAS. There is no reason to believe that only one coach in America would use this tactic.

Then all of a sudden arguable the best two team in America - just before their big matchup all of sudden bench their top post players because they don't like their play? FOUR players? ALL happen to be posts before a game that is going to be defined by the posts? The GAME BEFORE --and it's JUST ONE BIG COINCIDENCE? Nah. These benchings tells us what is actually happening just as the Courant said that Geno joked why he benched his posts.

Also on the postgame Kara Wolters brought up the benching as well asking if the players really deserved it or it was a Geno tactic. Meg Culmo wouldn't 100% agree about the tactic today BUT would she ever come out and say it "at that moment" it is a Geno tactic if Geno is publicly denying it "at this moment?" There is no way Meg is going to contradict Geno "in the moment" like this. . BUT she DID say that she did ask Geno about this tactic in he past and he denied it but she said "she didn't believe him" sometimes. Kara questioning the decision and Meg speaking of "She didn't believe" speaks volumes imo that Geno uses this tactic and imo it is being used now.

I know for a fact he uses it he did the same with Charde - he benched her before Tennessee. I can remember at the time I was shocked and ripping mad. Then Charde went on to have a huge game. I think she had over 20 and played brilliant. At that point I decided for a tactic like this I'm better off sitting on my couch and be content stuffing my face with Lays potato chips rather than criticize this excellent tactic ever again. Which is why I think the poster hongster or whatever his name-- got it all wrong. And if this is good tactic for Geno, no reason why it can't be good for others too.

And just read his statement again- speaking of this game and mentioning it having to do with "the biggest game in the history of basketball." He's joking.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Geno was joking about players being tired, yes. But I don't see what the point is.

Geno:

1) Has zero reason to "rest" his players before a game two days from now. Not only is that something that would make no sense on its face, the starters have played sparingly in recent games. There is no need to basically keep players out of this game. Beyond that, Jefferson and KML both played 32/33 minutes. Why not "rest" them too?

And...

2) If he were to do something like that, he would let them play a bit more and then explain his reasoning after the game, not yank them and then tell the world they weren't playing up to a level expected of them at UConn.

Reaction Score
Geno was joking about players being tired, yes. But I don't see what the point is.

Geno:

1) Has zero reason to "rest" his players before a game two days from now. Not only is that something that would make no sense on its face, the starters have played sparingly in recent games. There is no need to basically keep players out of this game. Beyond that, Jefferson and KML both played 32/33 minutes. Why not "rest" them too?

And...

2) If he were to do something like that, he would let them play a bit more and then explain his reasoning after the game, not yank them and then tell the world they weren't playing up to a level expected of them at UConn.

But you were the one who replied to my post asking "who was joking?" I said Geno was. So I don't get your point. He wasn't being serious- just being Geno over-exaggerating etc. Just as he wasn't being serious when he said this was "the biggest game in the history of basketball."

He didn't do this to rest them just as he didn't bench Dolson to rest her or bench Charde to rest her. He did it to fire them up for the next game just as Dawn probably has done. He didn't tell the truth about Dolson, so why would he tell the truth here? According to Meg Culmo he wasn't telling her the truth sometimes about if he uses this benching tactic before a big game to motivate, so why would he do that here?

He's not going to come out and say "I'm trying to get them fired up" for the big game.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
But you were the one who replied to my post asking "who was joking?" I said Geno was. So I don't get your point. He wasn't being serious- just being Geno over-exaggerating etc. Just as he wasn't being serious when he said this was "the biggest game in the history of basketball."

I asked who was joking because I didn't and still don't understand your original response. My comment was about John Altavilla and his tweets and initial report suggesting that the players were benched as a way to rest them. Altavilla was not joking; he was serious and had to correct his tweets later.

He didn't do this to rest them just as he didn't bench Dolson to rest her or bench Charde to rest her. He did it to fire them up for the next game just as Dawn probably has done. He didn't tell the truth about Dolson, so why would he tell the truth here? According to Meg Culmo he wasn't telling her the truth sometimes about if he uses this benching tactic before a big game to motivate, so why would he do that here?

He's not going to come out and say "I'm trying to get them fired up" for the big game.

No offense, but this makes no sense. Why would they have to be fired up for South Carolina? If anything, the team was looking too much to that game and was bored with Memphis. They didn't need motivation for SC. They needed motivation for an over-matched opponent in a game sandwiched between #900 and South Carolina.

Did you see his halftime comments to and disposition with Burke? That was no act. He was not happy.

Reaction Score
I asked who was joking because I didn't and still don't understand your original response. My comment was about John Altavilla and his tweets and initial report suggesting that the players were benched as a way to rest them. Altavilla was not joking; he was serious and had to correct his tweets later.

No offense, but this makes no sense. Why would they have to be fired up for South Carolina? If anything, the team was looking too much to that game and was bored with Memphis. They didn't need motivation for SC. They needed motivation for an over-matched opponent in a game sandwiched between #900 and South Carolina.

Did you see his halftime comments to and disposition with Burke? That was no act. He was not happy.

And I replied/implied that John was wrong. What don't you get?

No offense but I don't think your comment makes any sense. They don't have to get fired up to play the number 1 team though the coach has seen what he feels three sub-par starts in 3 games from his team before that? You mean you think a college coach feels confident that his college players will play fired up basketball in their next game when they have had what he feels three-sub-par games in a row? You don't think this benching sends a message to the kids that the coach is very dissatisfied with their play? And you don't think this benching would fire up a younger player to play better vs the number 1 ranked team? If they had bad habits in 3 straight games you don't think this benching will get them more concentrated on the next job at-hand than vs another team say in the AAC in which they know they could blow out by 50 in their sleep?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
And I replied/implied that John was wrong. What don't you get?

You replied that "he" was joking. That's all you said. So, no, I didn't get it.

They don't have to get fired up to play the number 1 team though the coach has seen what he feels three sub-par starts in 3 games from his team before that?

Yes, I don't see a couple slow starts against teams they were likely bored playing having any relation to how they will start against South Carolina. Not being fired up to play an over-matched team in a day game after an emotional win (#900) does not in any way prove they will not be ready for South Carolina. The Memphis game was the poster child for a trap game, at least in terms of precision.

You don't think this benching sends a message to the kids that the coach is very dissatisfied with their play? And you don't think this benching would fire up a younger player to play better vs the number 1 ranked team?

There are a slew of ways Geno is capable of showing his displeasure and he's an expert at them all. He could've screamed, always a favorite. He could've benched them for a few minutes or even the half. Then again, he didn't bench any of the other starters and they weren't good before the first TO either.

No, I don't think benching Stewart and Tuck has anything to do with firing up the younger players for South Carolina. Don't get the correlation. And I still don't see why anyone would think the team needs motivation against South Carolina. That is exactly the type of opponent and game no-one needs motivation for.

I take Geno at his word. He was unhappy with the last three starts and he took it out on Stewart, Tuck, and Stokes yesterday.

Reaction Score
You replied that "he" was joking. That's all you said. So, no, I didn't get it.

Yes, I don't see a couple slow starts against teams they were likely bored playing having any relation to how they will start against South Carolina. Not being fired up to play an over-matched team in a day game after an emotional win (#900) does not in any way prove they will not be ready for South Carolina. The Memphis game was the poster child for a trap game, at least in terms of precision.

There are a slew of ways Geno is capable of showing his displeasure and he's an expert at them all. He could've screamed, always a favorite. He could've benched them for a few minutes or even the half. Then again, he didn't bench any of the other starters and they weren't good before the first TO either.

No, I don't think benching Stewart and Tuck has anything to do with firing up the younger players for South Carolina. Don't get the correlation. And I still don't see why anyone would think the team needs motivation against South Carolina. That is exactly the type of opponent and game no-one needs motivation for.

I take Geno at his word. He was unhappy with the last three starts and he took it out on Stewart, Tuck, and Stokes yesterday.

Point 1-- Are we arguing anymore about who I meant when I said "he was joking?" You thought I meant JA?

Point 2-- the coach sees THREE bad starts not 2.

Point 3-- Who said Geno has to "prove" anything? Yet how can he be CONFIDENT that his team will be READY for USC when they haven't been READY vs. three sub-par teams? You think he is going to JUST ASSUME they will be "READY" vs USC after three sub-par starts vs. three sub-par teams?

Point 4-- Why would Geno EVER care or concern himself about what a "trap" game "is?"

Point 5-- YES!! I agree. And one way is to bench his palyers before a big game. Which Meg alluded to on the postgame. I know he did it with Charde as well. Sometimes he benches players before big games/reduces the minutes and uses that as motivation for the next game. He uses all different kinds of methods. DO you recall at leatsonce eh almost lost a game by keeping Charde on the bench? He said it today oat halftime. He said "if I haveto lose a game . . ." - ofc we aren't losing to Memphis but he IS unconventional.

Point 6-- You definition of "motivation" and mine are different. Mine also includes preparation. And I couldn't isagre with you more when speaking of kids not playing well according to the coach and then you seem to think Geno is going to be okay in assuming they "are ready."

Point 7-- I know Geno over-exaggerates and don't take him a this word all the time just as he said of the upcoming game "this is the biggest game in the history of basketball." I'll listen and sometimes pick up things like from what I hear from former players like Meg Culmo that she doesn't believe him all the time.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Point 3-- Who said Geno has to "prove" anything? Yet how can he be CONFIDENT that his team will be READY for USC when they haven't been READY vs. three sub-par teams? You think he is going to JUST ASSUME they will be "READY" vs USC after three sub-par starts vs. three sub-par teams?

Yes, I'm saying there's a hell of a lot more to play and get up for against South Carolina than against Memphis. Not sure why keeping Tuck and Stewart out of the game makes him confident they'll have a better start against SC. They're not perfect, good as they are. But we're talking about different things here. Even Geno himself claims it's about effort. He can live with losses if the effort is there. I didn't see anything in that first 4-minute block that was so egregious effort-wise that anyone should be benched for the game.

Point 4-- Why would Geno EVER care or concern himself about what a "trap" game "is?"

Doesn't matter if he concerns himself with it. The fact is letdown games and drops in energy happen, and they often happen in trap games. They just played a relatively big game and the biggest of the year is next. It should not be surprising that the team had a collective lull at the start of an afternoon game against subpar competition in a 90% empty arena. Did you forget last year's game in Houston?

Sometimes he benches players before big games/reduces the minutes and uses that as motivation for the next game.

He didn't reduce minutes; he punished three players for perceived lack of effort/results with no minutes. Replacing players who aren't playing well is one thing; benching them entirely and then saying they aren't playing up to the UConn standard is another.

Point 7-- I know Geno over-exaggerates and don't take him a this word all the time just as he said of the upcoming game "this is the biggest game in the history of basketball."

That was clearly frustrated sarcasm. His actions combined with his words Saturday to show what he was feeling. I think he over-reacted.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I know it's exhausting talking about every single thing that happened in yesterday's game but...

I just re-watched it and saw the play that resulted in a TO and scolding of Ekmark. She came up with a steal and just about everyone on both teams headed upcourt. Chong and a Memphis player were about 10 ft. ahead and to her left, and I think she was supposed to get the ball to Chong. Instead, Ekmark dribbled towards the middle of the court and threw a long bounce pass to Nurse around the halfcourt line. As soon as Nurse crossed, the TO was called.

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="Sluconn Husky, post: 1218999, member: 5089"]Yes, I'm saying there's a hell of a lot more to play and get up for against South Carolina than against Memphis. Not sure why keeping Tuck and Stewart out of the game makes him confident they'll have a better start against SC. They're not perfect, good as they are. But we're talking about different things here. Even Geno himself claims it's about effort. He can live with losses if the effort is there. I didn't see anything in that first 4-minute block that was so egregious effort-wise that anyone should be benched for the game./QUOTE]

What do you mean by "confident?" What is the relevance of that? If you don't think a kid that has basically been a starter all year (Tuck) or NPOY Stewie will become much more focused after a benching than before -- then we disagree big time. And if you don't think this is a part of getting players fired up in a part to be focused, and in part to be upset with the coach and to want to prove to themslevles/family/fans/friends thtt they are "better than that" then we have to agree to disagree.

Secondly -- what is your explanation of the benching if it's not being used as some motivational tool? SO point 1- you think the question posed by Kara to Meg at the postgame regarding if Geno has done this before is all imaginary? Point 2- You think Meg who has been coached by him for 4 years and countless interviews and freinds etc - you think she is wrong when she said that she asked the same question and in some cases she felt he didn't tell her the truth? Point 3 You said you take Geno's word but yet you can read from Joe's post that he has benched Dolson - so there is some form of evidence he has selective memory and you're still going to take his word to the letter even though you don't understand why he did it? Point 4- I know you aren't going to believe me-- but I KNOW he did this tactic with Charde. ANyhow if I KNOW that he did it, and I know there is no other valid explanation why he'd be THIS hard on them WHILE I KNOW he used to be brutally tough with Tina Charles (for example expecting a double-double at halftime in every game) then all these combined - I KNOW he did this for the USC game.

[QUOTE="Doesn't matter if he concerns himself with it. The fact is letdown games and drops in energy happen, and they often happen in trap games. They just played a relatively big game and the biggest of the year is next. It should not be surprising that the team had a collective lull at the start of an afternoon game against subpar competition in a 90% empty arena. Did you forget last year's game in Houston? QUOTE]

He is the one that benched them. It certainly DOES matter what he concerns himself with. HE determines the playing time. I don't believe he cares one second about an excuse or what the definition of a "trap" game is. Regarding your 2nd point so if I go back the last 5-10 years and before we plyed a strong opponent - I'll go back and see for nearly all the games that we plyed lousy before the big game?

[QUOTE="He didn't reduce minutes; he punished three players for perceived lack of effort/results with no minutes. Replacing players who aren't playing well is one thing; benching them entirely and then saying they aren't playing up to the UConn standard is another.QUOTE]

For the point of our disagreement why does it matter whether I called it "reduced minutes" or "punished with no minutes after they played a few?" Our argument is if he did this specifically for this game which you seem to think? AM I right? And with me- I believe he did it in an attempt (maybe this is a better phrase than what I've used previously?) to get his team more focused for Feb 9th. IMO you can get stars attention more when you threaten their minutes (there is more than one-way to do things. He is choosing to do it this way for this game.). IMO the message was clear 'You don't play the way I want you play I'll pull your butt even if I have to lose." I don't believe he'd go that far if he has a chance to win. But you can't tell me that these kids don't feel more of the pressure from Gneo now that he has yanked his stars the game before.

[QUOTE="That was clearly frustrated sarcasm. His actions combined with his words Saturday to show what he was feeling. I think he over-reacted.[/QUOTE]

I disagree with you. We can agree to disagree. Because I KNOW he has done this before (which I suppose you an others dispute) and I believe Wolters asked the question because she has sent his tactic before, and I HEARD Meg Culmo say she believes he has used this tactic before and I'm near-certain Geno was wrong when he looked back upon Stef and said he didn't have ot bench her-then it means he didn't over-react. He's using a coaching tactic.

IMO whether it be next year --or the following year -- when Stewie and MoJeff are gone- you'll see again how miraculously just before a big game-- the game before an important player will get benched/punished. The men's game doesn't use it. Pro game men and women don't use it. Geno uses it. IMO former players like Kara and Meg KNOW that he does.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
If you don't think a kid that has basically been a starter all year (Tuck) or NPOY Stewie will become much more focused after a benching than before -- then we disagree big time. And if you don't think this is a part of getting players fired up in a part to be focused, and in part to be upset with the coach and to want to prove to themslevles/family/fans/friends thtt they are "better than that" then we have to agree to disagree.

You might as well bench them every few games with that reasoning. Perhaps during the Elite 8 since they'd likely win anyway and then the benched players would be raring to go for the Final 4.

Secondly -- what is your explanation of the benching if it's not being used as some motivational tool?

Where did I say it wasn't? Punishment/motivation...whatever you want to call it. What I disagreed with is the notion that it was some predetermined move to rest them for Monday's game. If it was a ruse then he is not only a great actor but a phony and a liar based on his reactions and comments. I don't buy the conspiracy.

Regarding your 2nd point so if I go back the last 5-10 years and before we plyed a strong opponent - I'll go back and see for nearly all the games that we plyed lousy before the big game?

Where did they play lousy? You mean the slow start for a few minutes the last three games? Okay. They seemed to correct that pretty quickly. And why are Stewart and Tuck held responsible for the slow starts and not any of the other three starters? Unless as was suggested elsewhere practice habits came into play. But then Geno hasn't said anything about practice issues and he normally thinks Tuck is the perfect practice player.

We do disagree on this because I find it absurd that he would, for no good reason, bench and then publicly rip some players just so they'd be "motivated" to play the biggest game on the schedule. If he did so, it doesn't speak highly of him.

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="Sluconn Husky, post: 1219438, member: 5089"]You might as well bench them every few games with that reasoning. Perhaps during the Elite 8 since they'd likely win anyway and then the benched players would be raring to go for the Final 4..[/QUOTE]

How often do we playthe number 1 ranked team when they aren't even in our conference? Secondly- I never saw him do it in the NCAA's. Though for some strange reason he had Tina come off the bench her soph year during NCAA Tourney. A big mistake. But anyhow NCAA's is different than Reg. Season. Third - as you stated there are a lot of options. WHo said he does this tactic every time? I said on my last post to you my last pont that he probably will use this tactic one or 2 years from now.

Not "game-to-game."

[QUOTE="Where did I say it wasn't? Punishment/motivation...whatever you want to call it. What I disagreed with is the notion that it was some predetermined move to rest them for Monday's game. If it was a ruse then he is not only a great actor but a phony and a liar based on his reactions and comments. I don't buy the conspiracy.QUOTE]

What are we arguing about? Because I never said his move had anything to do with "rest." I said or explained however you want to put it- "He is attempting to use this tactic to ---pick any-- "motivate his players (particularly his posts), / fire them up / get them more focused" for the Feb 9th game.

[QUOTE="Where did they play lousy? You mean the slow start for a few minutes the last three games? Okay. They seemed to correct that pretty quickly. And why are Stewart and Tuck held responsible for the slow starts and not any of the other three starters? Unless as was suggested elsewhere practice habits came into play. But then Geno hasn't said anything about practice issues and he normally thinks Tuck is the perfect practice player.QUOTE]

You're the one that replied to me that you take Genos word for things. And secondly, more importantly you did listen to the halftime interview with Geno. You must have heard him say "third straight game this has happened." You construe that to mean he didn't think they were playing lousy? Anyhow 3rd point - here is the following comment Geno made and if you don't construe this as Gneo perceiving his player's are playing lousy (i,e. not up to Geno's standards) then again I couldn't disagree with you more.

"I don't know. It's not some subliminal message that I'm sending between the lines. There is a certain standard level of play that I expect from anyone at Connecticut. I don't care if you are the National Player of the Year, the best player who ever walked the earth, if you are not playing to the level that is expected, you are not going to play. I never had to give that message to Maya, or to Kelly Faris, or to Stefanie Dolson or Bria Hartley. But I have to give it to these guys."

[QUOTE="We do disagree on this because I find it absurd that he would, for no good reason, bench and then publicly rip some players just so they'd be "motivated" to play the biggest game on the schedule. If he did so, it doesn't speak highly of him.[/QUOTE]

I disagree with your assessment entirely. When did you start following UConn women's basketball? I used to think the same way you did- as I told you on a prior post he did this with Charde. I was ripping mad - then Charde went out and played a super game. I keep telling you about how he'd get mad and rip into Tina publicly about not having a double-double at halftime for every game. Think about it. Tina was playing with Renee/Maya and Charde and yet she is going to get a double-double as an underclassman in her soph year by halftime for every game? Really?

As far as "rip" -- I don't think it was bad at all. Many of these kids come to UConn for pro aspirations. He doesn't feel these last few games they've played to his expectations. SO he benched them. Is that so bad? He didn't get personal. And he has said for quite some time that he hasn't been totally happy with Stewie's performances all year. SO he chose this game to punish her. SO he chose the time to bench her - strategically. Is that a big deal? I don't know about Tuck but game over game I find it odd that Gabby can score so easily on the low block yet 4 years Stokes still struggles a bit to score though she has experience and size. If Stokes could ever learn ot be more aggressive/assertive on the low blocks -- man wouldn't that be super for her - and yet do you think this benching shatters her in any way?

Final point - I hope I haven't pyssed you off. I enjoy your posts - I enjoy eric's posts though you guys got into it- I enjoy many posts. I feel you might be totally upset with me- don't be. Just listen to the postgame from Kara asking Meg the question I said before. Why would she ask it - if she didn't feel like it happened? Better yet, why did Meg say there were times she felt they did it - and she even thought Geno denied it - she felt he did bench a player purposely before a big game.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Yes, they didn't play well at the start of the game. But you don't bench players for an entire game and then rip them in the press because they don't play their best the first 4 minutes of a game. And then there's the fact that he only did it to 2/5 of the unit.

I didn't see him bench any of his best players in recent years prior to matchups with Baylor or Notre Dame. Basically, you are believing in a theory that is at odds with everything Auriemma said yesterday. I'm going with Occam's Razor here even though I don't agree with the decision unless some practice/inside issues are involved.

And I'm not upset at you. We're just not on the same page on this topic.

Reaction Score
It doesn't matter if they win or loose. What matter is their mentally toughness are not the same as Geno's. The consequence could be negative.

You're thinking Stewie might transfer to ND?

Reaction Score
For the masochists among you, SNY rebroadcasting the Memphis game at 6:30 pm.

Reaction Score
Yes, they didn't play well at the start of the game. But you don't bench players for an entire game and then rip them in the press because they don't play their best the first 4 minutes of a game. And then there's the fact that he only did it to 2/5 of the unit.

I didn't see him bench any of his best players in recent years prior to matchups with Baylor or Notre Dame. Basically, you are believing in a theory that is at odds with everything Auriemma said yesterday. I'm going with Occam's Razor here even though I don't agree with the decision unless some practice/inside issues are involved.

And I'm not upset at you. We're just not on the same page on this topic.

1--- He said it has been 3 straight games. He said that at halftime. So it was more than just the 4 minutes. It was the 4 minutes in this game plus however many minutes in the other 2 vs. a far inferior opponent.

2-- No he didn't for ND. But ND was an in-conference team. He played them 3-4 times a year. If you do it too often, it would lose it's effectiveness, wouldn't it? And you're right about Baylor. But how does that take away from for example the situations Joe gave with Stef or the example I gave with Charde? It doesn't take away from those. I said it will be 1 or 2 years before he does it again. If I were to predict he'll do it two years from now when we have to play ND in ND again (if the game happens) and our posts have to deal with Turner.

3-- I can reply back at you that you must believe when he says he has the worst posts in America that he actually believes it. Or when he states this game is the most important game in the history of basketball. or as Joe brought up - more importantly - he said he hasn't had to do this with Dolson. The fact is - HE DID- DIDN"t he? So why believe what he says about he never had to do it with a player such as Stef? We KNOW it's not true so what is the big deal being at odds with what Geno said if it isn't true? We KNOW first-hand he'll exaggerate and has selective memory, so what's so wrong about dismissing what he is saying to the media? And why should we dismiss Kara Wolters question? Something must have clicked for her to ask the question. More importantly why dismiss Meg Culmo's comments?

I think I'm at my end here. I enjoyed the discussion. There is nothing more I can add unless you can. I'll read but won't reply. Thanks.

Reaction Score
I know I said I wouldn't add anything but I missed the halftime show last time. I just saw it on SNY- sure enough there she is ----Kara Wolters---- said Geno did this with her back in the day and she said as a player you get so fired up at the coach that you want to prove the coach wrong. IMO that is exactly what he is doing. This one game will define the team leading into the NCAA's. It won't be until another month-and-half or a bit longer before they have any iota of adversity. It won't be until end of March when they face a S16 team that you can point to nay anger after the USC game. I think he is generating adversity the best way he knows how. I just don't see what he did as that bad to the kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom