UConn Arkansas | Page 12 | The Boneyard

UConn Arkansas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Noooo. Haliburton has been tremendous all year and fully deserved. Incredibly efficient and >4.0 a/to ratio.

Brunson maybe over Holiday
Eeehhh. Mil and NY both are miles better than Indiana. Brunson has just been better and Holliday was on the #1 seed in the east and has been their second best player. You have to reward winning. But Brunson definitely should’ve been in over both

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The old Sox fan in me keeps from being too confident. But I remember playing a hot SEC team that over performed it's seed, one who's pace the pundits said UConn would have trouble matching. We ran and shot them out of the gym. Love to see a reprise of 2004 Alabama.

Reaction Score
Eeehhh. Mil and NY both are miles better than Indiana. Brunson has just been better and Holliday was on the #1 seed in the east and has been their second best player. You have to reward winning. But Brunson definitely should’ve been in over both
Knicks have a much better team. You also have to take into account what he’s doing on a mediocre team. Haliburton has a strong lead over Brunson in PER as well. I’m just also of the opinion that Haliburton is a better player overall. But obviously its close.

Reaction Score
But alas, a conversation for another day. UConn is all that we need to think about. Let’s go Huskies!

Reaction Score
We were worried about these guys? I know it’s only 1 half, but Father, God, and Sonny Jesous we look pretty good so far.

Reaction Score
Devo and Kamani Johnson are both in the rotation. Kamani hasn't gotten many minutes this year but Muss has started him the last two games. While he isn't the biggest he will outwork anybody on the court. 10 Offensive rebounds the last two games and a huge putback against Kansas all while playing against much bigger and better talent and he's done it while playing 12 min against Illinois and 19 against Kansas.

Ricky Council played for Witchita State on their tournament teams so he's got experience.

New rotations are nothing new. Go look at our year over year rosters since Muss has gotten here. We only ever have 1 or 2 rotation players return. The rest either go pro or if they don't produce they are sent packing.

Last year we only had 2 returning rotation players. Notae and Williams
2020-2021 season we lost every rotation player and replaced it and made the Elite 8

There is a reason Charles Barkley said on Saturday, "Eric Musselman is one of the best coaches in the country."

Anybody saying this game is a walk in the park like Iona and Saint Marys is in for a rude awakening.

This will be the most physical team you've played all year and you'll remember playing them.

As i've said this will be a tight game much like the Kansas game. This isn't a blowout game.
LMAOOOOOOOO

Reaction Score
No big deal, but the committee does like to try and dunk on us in any and every way they can. Dropped us a seed line to purposely match us against Pitino. Make us play one of the last round of 32 games and the very first Sweet 16 game across the country. Arkansas with a full day off more than us. They should really try and keep the integrity Thursday/Sat and Fri/Sun stuff the first 2 weekends. It can't be that hard to do.

I don't care. Bring it on committee losers, we will be fine. I see you though.

Your scheduling is great:

View attachment 85396

Reaction Score
No big deal, but the committee does like to try and dunk on us in any and every way they can. Dropped us a seed line to purposely match us against Pitino. Make us play one of the last round of 32 games and the very first Sweet 16 game across the country. Arkansas with a full day off more than us. They should really try and keep the integrity Thursday/Sat and Fri/Sun stuff the first 2 weekends. It can't be that hard to do.

I don't care. Bring it on committee losers, we will be fine. I see you though.

Your scheduling is great:

View attachment 85396
“but the committee does like to try and dunk on us in any and every way they can. Dropped us a seed line to purposely match us against Pitino”

Paranoia.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
“but the committee does like to try and dunk on us in any and every way they can. Dropped us a seed line to purposely match us against Pitino”

Paranoia.
Who are you again?

Reaction Score
Glad to see that most of the analysts that I heard (Wally and Bilas) got this wrong except for Seth Greenberg. UConn really does not seem to get respect. I just heard Dan Patrick mentioned that Arkansas got blown out without mention of UConn. Seems to happen a lot. I thought others were being overly sensitive about treatment of UConn but coming around to other's opinions. In the end, it doesn't matter what some talking head thinks or says. Just win.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Glad to see that most of the analysts that I heard (Wally and Bilas) got this wrong except for Seth Greenberg. UConn really does not seem to get respect. I just heard Dan Patrick mentioned that Arkansas got blown out without mention of UConn. Seems to happen a lot. I thought others were being overly sensitive about treatment of UConn but coming around to other's opinions. In the end, it doesn't matter what some talking head thinks or says. Just win.
Stan Van Grundy made me want to puke the entire broadcast. The bias is absolutely real.

Reaction Score
Stan Van Grundy made me want to puke the entire broadcast. The bias is absolutely real.
I don't know. I kinda enjoyed his legit shock at how good UConn is / was. If he were a more professional announcer, he'd already know that, but the shocked sound in his voice at our dominance made me chuckle

Reaction Score
I don't know. I kinda enjoyed his legit shock at how good UConn is / was. If he were a more professional announcer, he'd already know that, but the shocked sound in his voice at our dominance made me chuckle
I had no issues with Stan during the broadcast. Better than most. He didn't detract from the game for me.

Reaction Score
Vomit in the hotel rooms, bus being robbed, games before sunset…..The NCAA mob is bringing out all the stops to bring UConn down. No idea what will happen in the next 2 days, but Benedict needs to hire some new Vegas muscle to protect this team.

I can only imagine the headlines if the Duke bus was robbed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01