Uconn Apparel is it just me? | The Boneyard

Uconn Apparel is it just me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fortebleedsblue

Is it just me or is the apparel for UConn getting less diverse and tackier/uglier every year? I'll watch a football or bball game and see something I like that the coaching staff has and then look for it online and most of the stuff I find are giant pictures of our mascot plastered on the front of a jacket or sweatshirt or a graphic tshirt that has a bunch of random lines on it with giant words saying UConn. Then there is the nike jacket on footballfanatics that doesn't have sleeves... the Belichick look? The few things that are simple/classic only exist in size XL and XXL. Do companies like Nike, Adidas and Coliseum have something against plain and classic for the general public or is the approval for various UConn wear driven from the University itself?

This is a great Uconn jacket IMO made by nike.

ncf_a_pasqualoni_bl_300.jpg

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Maybe the cardigan will make a come back

Reaction Score
The UCONN brand has been, and unfortunately will always be a bit traditional.. I like the traditional look; HOWEVER, this a new day in age of a youth movement of fashion with athletic apparel like never seen before... In this case, I believe ought to assimilate. Get on the gray train... We're missing the boat right now...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
forte is one of my favorite posters only becuase i know exactly when hes going to post things. this was a suprise that i really enjoyed. it tells me how things are going well if this was his spring beef with the program. :p

my grandpa for like 20 years straight used to wear 2 sweatshirts all the time around the house and about. a navy 1 with his boat stitched on the back and a psu one. like all the oldtimers he was a navy guy and a joepa/psu fan as they were northeast fball for that generation. recently the past couple years he has a third sweatshirt in the mix. a old school gray one with "connecticut" across the front. i will ask him if you can borrow it for the summer.

Reaction Score
I still have my fingers crossed on the possibility of some UConn themed Zubaz pants.
Jesus... Zubaz... I remember my hideous orange Buccaneer pair. Good god how did I think that looked cool?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Jesus... Zubaz... I remember my hideous orange Buccaneer pair. Good god how did I think that looked cool?

I used to rock Dolphin pants and hat. Aqua and Orange....wow!

Reaction Score
I say Cuse/UConn call a truce....we might be guilty of doing T-shirts of the week for winning 20 games and such but that Dog shirt is hideous and so over the top in its' fanboy geekiness

Reaction Score
Good lord those are hideous. Rivals the "great pick" commercials.........

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Ok so I was reading Uni Watch and if you scroll down to the Uni Watch News Ticker and look half-way down theres a reference/link to this UConn article.

That lovely shirt from above appears at #1

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I say Cuse/UConn call a truce....we might be guilty of doing T-shirts of the week for winning 20 games and such but that Dog shirt is hideous and so over the top in its' fanboy geekiness
No deal. It's not our fault no one would ever even think someone would want to wear a shirt with this guy on it...

syracuse-mascot.jpg

Reaction Score
yeah it was on tv the other day, not sure exactly when since it was on the GF's dvr. And man is there a striking resemblance between Otto and Gene Simmon's head or what

Reaction Score

Dude, u just exemplified what has been wrong w/ our apparel for DECADES! Gene Simons is a god, and he's still rocking the blue chambray shirt which was most likely the best thing he could find to wear w/ Uconn's logo on it STILL. That shirt has been on our shelves in the Co op since the 80's, and was most prevalent @ our Lady Huskies Bball games actually still to this day. Bottom line, our apparel is awful!!!!!

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
All well said. It's quite clear that something has been wrong here, for a long time. I seem to remember a quote being attributed to someone in the AD (Tim Tolokan, maybe?), about being "selective" on what we put our logos on. . I want UConn everything!

Seriously, why can't I buy these anywhere? Are you telling me KHAKIS wouldn't sell in CONNECTICUT? (I dropped a line for a minimum order from this place, if anyone wants in. It's 100)

Look at UConn's hats, vs, say...

Maryland's hats

Comparing to pretty much any peer school, we always lack. It's beyond annoying.

Reaction Score
I'd buy a t-shirt with that radical Husky(emblem) helmet on it that floated around here a few months ago. If anything spoke change for the better, that helmet did.

Reaction Score
I think a t-shirt with a big UConn "C" on it would be great.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
I want them to expand into other things as well. My wife and I were looking for things to decorate our new baby girls room and I came across 20-30 wall decals of Universities. Same thing with pacifiers.....no UConn....granted we're having a girl but she's gonna learn real early about being a UConn fan! :D

Just think it would be awesome to have more UConn things available to purchase!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom