UConn and the Transfer Portal | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn and the Transfer Portal

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
they still produce deliver more impact NBA players than any other school

FIFY

They aren't producing or developing any NBA players. They are a stopover for elite NBA talent.
This is correct, and it's at that point where Cal's stunting of his guards is actually a pretty well understood meme in NBA analytics circles:

Wallace has been excellent this year. Guys like Maxey and Quickly were drafted too low.

Dillingham & Sheppard are both really, really good & will go in the top 10. It is brainless to pretend otherwise.

As for Derkack, I'd take him in a heartbeat. 6-foot-4 combo guard who rebounds (rebounding translates up) and has good athletic signifiers with multiple years of eligibility remaining... guys like that don't grow on trees.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
This is correct, and it's at that point where Cal's stunting of his guards is actually a pretty well understood meme in NBA analytics circles:

Wallace has been excellent this year. Guys like Maxey and Quickly were drafted too low.

Dillingham & Sheppard are both really, really good & will go in the top 10. It is brainless to pretend otherwise.

As for Derkack, I'd take him in a heartbeat. 6-foot-4 combo guard who rebounds (rebounding translates up) and has good athletic signifiers with multiple years of eligibility remaining... guys like that don't grow on trees.

Sheppard was the 79th rated recruit btw. In general him & Rob were the lowest rated recruits of the last class.

Reaction Score
So far-G AJ Storr(formerly of St Johns) has not confirmed he's returning to Wisconsin next year when asked that question in a press conference.

There have been rumors he is looking to transfer to the highest bidder for a few weeks. Apparently Oregon is one team prepared to drop a bag. I assume he will test the waters too. Every time I watch the kid over the past 2 years I’ve come across impressed but Wisky fans aren’t stressing his loss and claim he has been benched multiple times this season for poor shot selection and effort.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
There have been rumors he is looking to transfer to the highest bidder for a few weeks. Apparently Oregon is one team prepared to drop a bag. I assume he will test the waters too. Every time I watch the kid over the past 2 years I’ve come across impressed but Wisky fans aren’t stressing his loss and claim he has been benched multiple times this season for poor shot selection and effort.
He's not a winning player. Doubt he's on our radar.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Cal is overrated as a coach and has a lifetime contract at $9 million a year. Their fans will not put up with this much longer.
My guess is that nearly the entirety of their fan base is already done with the Squid, but most wont be able to make a dent in his buyout (I've heard $33 million). Where the decisions will be made will be among major boosters.

It wouldn't surprise me if officials at the school spent time yesterday or today to determine how much they would need from outside sources and decide whether or not to solicit funds from boosters to cover the buyout or hold onto Squid for another year.

Reaction Score
My guess is that nearly the entirety of their fan base is already done with the Squid, but most wont be able to make a dent in his buyout (I've heard $33 million). Where the decisions will be made will be among major boosters.

It wouldn't surprise me if officials at the school spent time yesterday or today to determine how much they would need from outside sources and decide whether or not to solicit funds from boosters to cover the buyout or hold onto Squid for another year.
Buyout drops to $27M after this year so he'll probably get another year to either further embarrass himself or turn it around with next year's crop of 5 stars......maybe some of this year's will stay and be the key to success...........NAH!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Buyout drops to $27M after this year so he'll probably get another year to either further embarrass himself or turn it around with next year's crop of 5 stars......maybe some of this year's will stay and be the key to success...........NAH!
The only way I could enjoy this situation more would be if even though UK is still on the hook to pay Squid all of that money, he wouldn't be allowed to spend any of it.

Reaction Score

@Matrim55 .Always enjoy your input and insight but I gotta tell you. I have never heard of the word "signifiers" before. I get it. Awesome term I'm gonna start using with my posse.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's a cromulent word. A UConn education embiggens one's vocabulation.
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom