UCONN and the MAC. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UCONN and the MAC.

Reaction Score
I've walked the length of it in the state. Not bad.

Saying it is just a nip is pretty ridiculous.
I hear ya. Tried to do it in one day and bailed in the 30s somewhere past Mohawk.

Reaction Score
Who cares how much of CT, a tiny state to begin with, touches the App Trail. The ocean barely touches CT land at all.

Now I'm really intrigued.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Who cares how much of CT, a tiny state to begin with, touches the App Trail. The ocean barely touches CT land at all.

Now I'm really intrigued.

I've section hiked it but I always thought it would be cool to through hike the whole thing.

Reaction Score
Is there any real talk between UConn and the MAC for football only or is this just for fun idea?

Reaction Score
Could this happen?
The question is SHOULD IT.

Okay, I been fully risen from my slumber...

Respectfully, effff the MAC. I will not go quietly on a UConn surrender re: conference BS. So long as the rank, fraudulent operations in Syracuse and Chestnut Hill are luxuriating in undeserved confines of a P-4 conference, I will never (in a million effffing years) concede any credibility to those two sorry examples of P-4 schools.

Here's what is on the horizon IMO. College football is about ready to explode. There will be about 30-40 CFP programs soon enough. Many current members of P-4 conferences are going to be relegated to 1-AA status (FCS). Syracuse and BC are headed there. (Vandy, GT , WF etc )

So hang in there UConn! Maybe we end in FCS status for a while, but we'll have a chance to escape! As far as BB is concerned, we need a super conference of D-1 hoop teams. Dump the NCAA for March Madness. Get the best BB teams together and do the same thing. In the meantime, the Syracuse and BC BB teams will be rightfully be looking for a home... (And it ain't in any top 40 or 50 group of D-1 BB teams!)

Think outside the box - play to and take advantage of our strengths. We can get there in football, but we are already there in BB. Syracuse and BC, with their hacks at ESPN, have been promoted despite their "empty suit" status in both football and basketball.

On basic principles, I feel that I should punch the next blowhard from Syracuse or BC that I meet, but I will wait for things to work out... We'll see...

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I replied to you on the CUSA thread, so I'll copy/paste it here...

Yeah, the MAC sukks. But newsflash, our football sukks too!!

1) Schedule is better: Better for what? We are barely competitive against G5 teams. Having a Maryland or Duke on our schedule is good why? It looks better on paper? We are getting our doors blown off against those teams and Mora has come right out and said we can't compete with them due to $$. "Dark days ahead..."

2) Mid week games: Like the attendance at the Rent would go from 12K to 8K or 7K? OK. Would that matter? Nobody goes anyway. Somebody said it in another thread, for those of us who actually go to games, I am enjoying competitive games against G5 schools vs going in there knowing we have no chance against a team like Duke. I would show up on a Wednesday night for game that might decide going to a conference championship.

We are terrible in football and independence it making it worse. Our brand is basketball. That's why we left the AAC for the Big East. But the collateral damage was to football (yeah our hires were bad, etc. but it is where we are now).

We need to have something to play for and a way to truly rebuild. We are not getting into a P4 conference. We know that. We are not getting a football only invite to the AAC and probably not from Sunbelt or MWC. So what difference does it make if only football plays in the MAC?

The MAC sucks and it is a dead end.

Sorry I would rather stay independent then go to the MAC or CUSA

Reaction Score
it seems something has to be done.. we took a step back this year, our coach is mouthing off about how dire our situation is…DB knows a lot more about our situation then we do.. he knows if the Mac would even take us, he knows if Mora would rather be in the mac then being independent.. he knows how hard it is to schedule games as a independent … he doesn’t know how the fans will respond, he doesn’t know how many fans will come to the rent.. but I think if we stay on the course we are on now we are trouble..i have trust DB will make the right choice whatever that is

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
A nip is all it takes. Plus we have the Berkshires. Makes more sense than SDSU.
For those of you who might hike the Appalachian Trail in the winter weather, please be careful. I don't want to hear about any nip slips!
Ba-dum-tssh! I'll be here all week. Try the veal!

Reaction Score
The MAC is not a great option as is CUSA or Sunbelt because of revenue and exposure .
Except a P conference
the only Football only conferences we should be pursuing is
The PAC/MW
or the AAC
Use basketball as a hook both men’s and women’s
Why because
both generate more revenue and have better television exposure than Indy .
You can still have 2-3 buy games against P opponents .
The former has an advantage in Prestige
The latter is close to that regional conference with preferred scheduling and is in better markets with much easier access from Hartford .
Basketball games with Memphis or even FAU can replace some cupcakes . A winter trip to Boca isn’t a bad deal
or a women’s game with USF
Get it done . But the league is not as important as your success in it . If we’re contending for a title the Rent would be sold out against ECU . or Nevada Reno

Reaction Score
For those of you who might hike the Appalachian Trail in the winter weather, please be careful. I don't want to hear about any nip slips!

Reaction Score
I watched "Into Thin Air," "Everest," and the Sopranos "Pine Barrens" episode. No winter hiking for me. We go by car.

Reaction Score
MAC/CUSA?
IMG_3105.gif

Reaction Score
I walked the Appalachian Trail...from one side to the other on Blood Mountain...it must have been six feet.
I at least beat you
I did about 10 miles from Kent (Ct) to Cornwall with my then 8 year old son and a group of cub scouts.
There were some tight spots with some drops . Pretty scary challenge for that age .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom