UConn and the 2019 AAC Baseball Championship Tournament | Page 20 | The Boneyard

UConn and the 2019 AAC Baseball Championship Tournament

Reaction Score
Now 11-1 Shockers, still in the bottom of the third. What a total face plant by the Pirates.

Is a 10 run lead enough that I can now hope that Wichita gets all this hitting out of their system today?

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
11-1 WSU in the bottom of the 3rd - O'Brien has 6 RBI on 2 home runs. Eddy up to 60+ pitches in 3 innings

Reaction Score
Obviously ECU losing increases our chances of winning the championship greatly, but even if the Pirates come back the second key for UConn is that both staffs require using many pitchers throwing many pitches. And through two, both starters here are already hovering at 50 pitches.

Not so fast, my friend.

Normally, I would agree 100%. But this Wichita St. team is NOT your ordinary 8th seed. Far from it.

They have played fearlessly so far in this tournament, and are taking it to the mighty ECU Pirates for a second time in 4 days (11-1? Holy crap!). And lest we forget, they took us to the wall (literally, as Toppa's catch in the 9th was probably a game saver) yesterday, as well. They have a long and proud tradition of playing well in tournaments. And they can hit - and just keep on coming at you in waves.

In addition, although we lead the season series against them 3-1, the aggregate run total is even: 20-20.

Be careful what you wish for - I am always leery of the loosey goosey team that has nothing to lose, playing with a swagger, has a tournament bid to play for and is on a serious roll.

We will need to knock them down early, and then keep on stomping on them until the end - otherwise, it could be a long, stressful day tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Can't overlook anyone, but I'm more worried about Cincy than Wichita.

Reaction Score
Cincy completely embarrassed the conference OOC. Sick of them winning.

Take away their first ten games when they went 1-9, and Cincy's record is quite respectable. Quite frankly, they have improved quite a bit from the beginning of the season, and I have to respect them for overcoming that start, especially to improve to the point where they finished second in a conference as good as the AAC.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As far as Wichita State and ECU goes, sometimes a lessor team has a better team's number. Looks to be the case here. If Wichita State wins this game, they would have a 3-2 record against ECU this season. Just hope ECU can score a few runs to prevent the mercy rule from popping up.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
We should intentionally walk O'Brien tomorrow in all situations...even with the bases loaded! ;)

Reaction Score
Cincy completely embarrassed the conference OOC. Sick of them winning.

Take away their first ten games when they went 1-9, and Cincy's record is quite respectable. Quite frankly, they have improved quite a bit from the beginning of the season, and I have to respect them for overcoming that start, especially to improve to the point where they finished second in a conference as good as the AAC.

Just did a little research into Cincy's first 10 games. They went 1-2 against Houston Baptist, a team currently with an RPI of 221. Obviously, that isn't good. The other teams they played in that time frame and lost to were FAU, Indiana, and Auburn, all of which have RPI's of 36 or better. That is a tough schedule of teams right there. Take away those first ten games, and their non conference record is 12-9. They also beat Indiana in a return matchup about two weeks after they played them the first time.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Just hope ECU can score a few runs to prevent the mercy rule from popping up.
Is there a mercy rule in the conference tournament? I can understand the mercy rule on travel days during the regular season, but the conference tournament is the end of the line for many people. There really is no reason for a mercy rule.

Reaction Score
Is there a mercy rule in the conference tournament? I can understand the mercy rule on travel days during the regular season, but the conference tournament is the end of the line for many people. There really is no reason for a mercy rule.

Yes... if ECU doesn't close the gap to under 10 T7 - game over.

There is no mercy rule in NCAA Tourney.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Another note in our favor - with a 10am start tomorrow, WSU will be playing again in less than 16 hours. And if they win that game, they'd play three games in under 30 hours.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Just did a little research into Cincy's first 10 games. They went 1-2 against Houston Baptist, a team currently with an RPI of 221. Obviously, that isn't good. The other teams they played in that time frame and lost to were FAU, Indiana, and Auburn, all of which have RPI's of 36 or better. That is a tough schedule of teams right there. Take away those first ten games, and their non conference record is 12-9. They also beat Indiana in a return matchup about two weeks after they played them the first time.

I get that, but it's baseball. You should be able to at least occasionally win against strong teams. They have improved since the beginning of the year but no way do UConn, ECU, UH, etc start 1-9 against that schedule.

Reaction Score
There ya go ECU... force Wichita State to go to bullpen and score a few runs to extend the game. 12-3 Shockers

12-4 > another Wichita State pitching change coming>

Edit. New pitchers gets a line drive double play. 12-4 heading to B7

Reaction Score
There ya go ECU... force Wichita State to go to bullpen and score a few runs to extend the game. 12-3 Shockers

12-4 > another Wichita State pitching change coming>

Edit. New pitchers gets a line drive double play. 12-4 heading to B7

12-5 heading to B8

Reaction Score
Is ECU the Cincinnati basketball of American baseball? Great regular season team but have little to show for in the postseason.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom