UConn and the 2018 NCAA Field Hockey Tournament | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn and the 2018 NCAA Field Hockey Tournament

Reaction Score
I'll be at the women's basketball game today. It can be difficult to pick up an internet signal on my phone inside Gampel, so following the field hockey game could have its problems.

Reaction Score
Tied 1-1 at the half.

Maryland with 7 shots. UConn with 2 shots. Pretty even possession-wise. Back and forth.

Reaction Score
90 seconds to go in regulation. Still tied 1-1. UConn with 4 corners compared to 1 for Maryland. Unable to convert.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Maryland wins in OT. Some really questionable ref-ing at the end.

Reaction Score
Getting anything on the internet on my phone at Gampel has been much tougher this season than it has in the past. And it was never all that easy before either. I wasn't able to get to the Boneyard for an update until we got outside Gampel after the game.

At least UConn made it a game this time, making it a much tougher game than the one the two teams played in Storrs. Good to see the team make improvements.

This season's team had three seniors who saw plenty of playing time, so there will be plenty of good young players who saw lots of playing time this season returning for next year. Nancy Stevens will need to replace some goal scoring from the graduates, but otherwise I am optimistic about this team making final fours in the near future.

Reaction Score
I think this is UNC's year to finally get over the hump -- the past 8 F4s they've gone home empty handed, including 5 losses in the title game.

Their semifinal against Wake Forest should be cakewalk -- they've already beaten them 5-1 and 7-2 this year.

Reaction Score
I think this is UNC's year to finally get over the hump -- the past 8 F4s they've gone home empty handed, including 5 losses in the title game.

Their semifinal against Wake Forest should be cakewalk -- they've already beaten them 5-1 and 7-2 this year.

This season makes 10 straight final fours for North Carolina field hockey. UNC won the national championship in the first year of that streak, and nothing since. With an undefeated season so far they are certainly the favorite to win it this season.

Reaction Score

Pretty easy to get over the hump when you put arguably the 3 best potential opponents on the other side of the bracket including 2 of them in the same region.

Duke being a paper tiger is always a given in this sport. This is the 3rd time in recent years they lost as a host to a merely good Wake Forest team. UNC toyed with them when they played them.

It's almost as if they wanted to guarantee an ACC team in the final. And may I remind you the chair of the committtee is from Syracuse.

Reaction Score
Earlier this week I sent an email to the athletic department and to Nancy Stevens congratulating them on a great season. I also shared some thoughts expressing my displeasure with the fact they were sent to Maryland. I can report they agreed and have reached out to the committee for an explanation as to their seeding.

As for the games today UNC as expected had a scrimmage vs that power house ACC team Wake Forest that Duke somehow couldn't figure out how to beat on their home field. The other half a predictable war that Maryland won 1-0 in OT vs Princeton.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom