UConn and Cincy to ACC by 2014 -MHver3 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn and Cincy to ACC by 2014 -MHver3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
MHver3 is a WVU fan. Like the other WVU fans, he wants the ACC to die. UConn gets the ACC invite if someone leaves and hopefully goes to the Big12. I think that's why he keeps tweeting about it.

Reaction Score
Claver is a BCU troll. Ignore him.

Why do people get so upset at MHver3? He is clearly at least a mild fan of UConn which is why his tweets are so overly optimistic for UConn. If you don't like what he says, don't read him. There is no reason to get angry about it.

Not sure MHVer is a fan of anything but realignment rumors. Since UConn is near the center of any such rumors, it just happens he posts about UConn alot.

Reaction Score
MHver3 is hilarious with his daily -- sometimes hourly -- updates over twitter. "Hearing UVA to B1G is done deal"..."Hearing UConn will vote to dissolve BE if ESPN guarantees them ACC invite" blah blah blah

I think that UConn unfortunately faces a grim reality...if they get an ACC invite it likely means that its a severely weakened ACC. It's still MUCH better than the position UConn is current in, though.
ACC football will be weaker if Uconn and Cincy get invited. It will likely mean FSU, GTech, Clemson or UVA left. Or they could all leave.
But I'll guarantee one thing if Uconn and Cincy join the ACC: it would be the best basketball conference by a huge margin. None of the possible ACC defectors bring much to the basketball table.
I'd like us to continue to play Cuse, Pitt and extend BC's misery. But I'm a basketball first relic.

Reaction Score
Cincy would make ACC football better. They're better than all but FSU, Clemson, and Virginia Tech. Miami was better than Cincy, but hasn't been good in a while, and who knows what will happen if there are sanctions.

As for UConn: we don't improve the league, but we wouldn't drag it down. The ACC has two levels: FSU, Clemson, VT on one; everyone else on the other. We'd be in that other category, making a reasonable amount of bowl games.

Reaction Score
UConn was 3-2 against current and future ACC teams this year, beating Pitt, Louisville, and Maryland; Losing to NCSU and SU. We would not hurt nor help their football prowess.

Reaction Score
My suspicion with MHver is that he's someone with mild connections but if you notice he always posts things that'll string people along to keep reading his tweets. He rarely, if ever, tweets something to the effect of "Doesn't look like Team A is going to Conference B," which would mean fans of Team A would stop reading him. Instead, he keeps stringing people along with vague possibilities.

Reaction Score
ACC football will be weaker if Uconn and Cincy get invited. It will likely mean FSU, GTech, Clemson or UVA left. Or they could all leave.
But I'll guarantee one thing if Uconn and Cincy join the ACC: it would be the best basketball conference by a huge margin. None of the possible ACC defectors bring much to the basketball table.
I'd like us to continue to play Cuse, Pitt and extend BC's misery. But I'm a basketball first relic.

Maybe the B1G should consider strengthening its BBall offerings since the ACC is about to eat its lunch?

Reaction Score
Why does anyone listen or even talk about MHVER3 biggest joke ever. This guy knows nothing and just makes it all up. Not saying that he isn't right, just that he made this up. Look at all his tweets, pretty much nothing he has said has come true. He also changes to a new theory by the hour. He has said that he has confirmed a ton of different things that just havnt and never will happen.

Reaction Score
I hate this guy. He is a fraud.

That being said, I would love this move -- for now. As mentioned above, a severely weakened ACC is better for us than the NNBE. And if the ACC is torn apart in the coming years, guess who will have a new $1.1B tech park, basketball practice facility and (hopefully) a new AAU membership? We will be ripe for the picking by the B1G.

I hate him, I hate him, I hate him, he doesn't know a thing_ _ _ _ but, I sure hope he's right. Just kidding, but we are all, at this point, grabbing any straw.

Reaction Score

MHver3@MHver3
ACC is close to offering Uconn full membership and Cincy in FB only with provisions to join in all sports in the future.

MHver3@MHver3
Both schools would receive a drastically smaller share if ACC tv revenues for quite some time.

MHver3@MHver3
ACC was warned by espn that MWC was going to double down on both those schools in an effort to get some eastern penetration.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If its anything less than 5 years, we'd have to take it once the BE exit fees/credits are settled.

More than 5, would require some legwork.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Cincy FB only for now because... ? In what alternate universe is there any explanation for that? Maybe it's something something Notre Dame.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Cincy FB only for now because... ? In what alternate universe is there any explanation for that? Maybe it's something something Notre Dame.

This!

MHver always manages to add a little something to his tweets that shows why the rest of his ramblings are nonsense. This time, he put Cincy as a football-only, even though they would likely be one of the top 2 or top 3 basketball schools in the aforementioned conference. They are also a fair amount closer geographically than we are, making an all-sports add for them even more likely (or even less likely for us).

Ahh....good ole MHver!!! :confused:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Why does anyone listen or even talk about MHVER3 biggest joke ever. This guy knows nothing and just makes it all up. Not saying that he isn't right, just that he made this up. Look at all his tweets, pretty much nothing he has said has come true. He also changes to a new theory by the hour. He has said that he has confirmed a ton of different things that just havnt and never will happen.

What are your sources telling you about realignment?

Reaction Score
Why is everyone taking this seriously? The Catholics have no exit fee.

Reaction Score
One of the bigger potential value adds if the ACC were to pickup 2 more BE programs would be leverage in obtaining MSG for an annual or biennial conference tournament. That has to be a major consideration - I know that FB is driving this, but penetrating NYC with hoops to build conference brand can be huge. NYC is a hoops city first and it's heart will be won by hoops first, but there is a large window there to build the conference brand via MSG. Then football can penetrate, using a Uconn, play a game in the Meadowlands or Yankee Stadium annually. Thoughts?

What is the status on MSG? Do the Catholics reserve those rights? I can't imagine MSG being psyched about housing that league tourney with it's small fan bases and little buzz, SJU/tradition or not.

Reaction Score
Playing for the ACC with reduced revenue would be more than what we could get in the NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNBE right?

Reaction Score
One of the bigger potential value adds if the ACC were to pickup 2 more BE programs would be leverage in obtaining MSG for an annual or biennial conference tournament. That has to be a major consideration - I know that FB is driving this, but penetrating NYC with hoops to build conference brand can be huge. NYC is a hoops city first and it's heart will be won by hoops first, but there is a large window there to build the conference brand via MSG. Then football can penetrate, using a Uconn, play a game in the Meadowlands or Yankee Stadium annually. Thoughts?

What is the status on MSG? Do the Catholics reserve those rights? I can't imagine MSG being psyched about housing that league tourney with it's small fan bases and little buzz, SJU/tradition or not.

Would the southern ACC schools want to play a bball tournament at MSG? I would sinus for 1-2 Games a year in NYC/NJ

Reaction Score
From a BB perspective Duke, UNC, Pitt, Syr, UofL, Cincy, and Uconn in the same conference tourney would be awesome. It's also one that would be worthy of MSG and NYC...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This!

MHver always manages to add a little something to his tweets that shows why the rest of his ramblings are nonsense. This time, he put Cincy as a football-only, even though they would likely be one of the top 2 or top 3 basketball schools in the aforementioned conference. They are also a fair amount closer geographically than we are, making an all-sports add for them even more likely (or even less likely for us).

Ahh....good ole MHver!!! :confused:

There is no way that Cinci's basketball is valued more highly than UConn's. None. Also, the academics and regional aspects strongly disfavor Cinci compared to UConn as do the markets and brand awareness. Cinci does not have Louisville's brand.

The ACC is at 14+1. They need one more all sports program and one more football program to pair with Notre Dame's Olympics. I actually took some interest in this one because this wrinkle makes some sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom