UConn and Cincy to ACC by 2014 -MHver3 | The Boneyard

UConn and Cincy to ACC by 2014 -MHver3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Cincy and Uconn both assured an ACC invite and are fully expecting to be in the ACC by 2014 -- @MHver3

Reaction Score
Big east will allow all departing teams to leave immediately. Bball paying $20 million to retain BigEast name. Most of it in waived exit fee -- MHver3 (@MHver3)

Reaction Score
First of all, duck* MHver3. He's a stupid, attention-seeking clown who needs to be put to rest already.

But this would be a move that actually makes some sense for the ACC. They've already screwed up countless times in the realignment and will get picked off at least a couple more times - they'd be smart to add the two best available programs in the region now as some insurance.

Reaction Score
MHver3 is hilarious with his daily -- sometimes hourly -- updates over twitter. "Hearing UVA to B1G is done deal"..."Hearing UConn will vote to dissolve BE if ESPN guarantees them ACC invite" blah blah blah

I think that UConn unfortunately faces a grim reality...if they get an ACC invite it likely means that its a severely weakened ACC. It's still MUCH better than the position UConn is current in, though.

Reaction Score
I hate this guy. He is a fraud.

That being said, I would love this move -- for now. As mentioned above, a severely weakened ACC is better for us than the NNBE. And if the ACC is torn apart in the coming years, guess who will have a new $1.1B tech park, basketball practice facility and (hopefully) a new AAU membership? We will be ripe for the picking by the B1G.

Reaction Score
I think that UConn unfortunately faces a grim reality...if they get an ACC invite it likely means that its a severely weakened ACC. It's still MUCH better than the position UConn is current in, though.

It is the ACC whose prospects are grim. I'm not so sure pledging $50MM to secure a seat we may never occupy is some grand bargain.

GG

Reaction Score
Have been assured? What is the wait?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I can't wait another year or whatever for this to all shake out.

Reaction Score
he already said if UConn isn't in the ACC by Jan 1, 2013 he would never tweet again. I intend on remind him daily in the new year.

I'll give him a break if he's wrong about WHICH conference we get invited to (B1G).

Reaction Score
By 2014?....so he has a whole 2 years before everyone finds out if he's making this up??? :D

Reaction Score
MHver3 is hilarious with his daily -- sometimes hourly -- updates over twitter. "Hearing UVA to B1G is done deal"..."Hearing UConn will vote to dissolve BE if ESPN guarantees them ACC invite" blah blah blah

I hear this alot and just ont get it - the weakened ACC you speak about - that would be the asme conference we thought we were joining a decade ago and the one whose demise we bemoan, right?

Reaction Score
Some of these guys remind me of the South Park episode that blasts family guy. Where the whales pick words at random to form a plot for a family guy episode

Reaction Score
Hearing UConn turned the ACC down for the 3rd time as they are contemplating a B!G invite

Just speculation though

NotSureIfSerious.png

There are exactly 64 schools in the Gang of Five with Notre Dame hitching a ride to make 65 yet Susan and Warde are turning down ACC invites?

Reaction Score
Apparently, he is not aware that the BE bylaws stipulate that there is no exit fee when there is a mass withdrawal from the conference/

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Claver is a BCU troll. Ignore him.

Why do people get so upset at MHver3? He is clearly at least a mild fan of UConn which is why his tweets are so overly optimistic for UConn. If you don't like what he says, don't read him. There is no reason to get angry about it.

Reaction Score
Apparently, he is not aware that the BE bylaws stipulate that there is no exit fee when there is a mass withdrawal from the conference/

The waiver he was referring to was the Catholics waiving their share of the Syralose, Spitt, Scumineer Rutgers and Cardinal fees. Just because the guy has no real inside info, which is a likely conclusion, doesn't mean that everything he is posting is nonsensical. If you are going to blast tweets, please remember the character limits and give people a fair interpretation.

Reaction Score
The waiver he was referring to was the Catholics waiving their share of the Syralose, Spitt, Scumineer Rutgers and Cardinal fees. Just because the guy has no real inside info, which is a likely conclusion, doesn't mean that everything he is posting is nonsensical. If you are going to blast tweets, please remember the character limits and give people a fair interpretation.

He said exit fees. Not waiver. Come on people, we need more precision than that!! If I read "exit fees" I'm not supposed to think exit fees? Jeez.

Reaction Score
He said exit fees. Not waiver. Come on people, we need more precision than that!! If I read "exit fees" I'm not supposed to think exit fees? Jeez.

Twitter is a useless medium. But if you are going to follow it, you have to assume people are being imprecise.

Reaction Score

Why do people get so upset at MHver3? He is clearly at least a mild fan of UConn which is why his tweets are so overly optimistic for UConn. If you don't like what he says, don't read him. There is no reason to get angry about it.

If anything people should be happy / thanking him, with the amount of people that read his tweets at least posting some one is interested in UConn should help the perception a little and as of right now I think UConn could use any bit of positive perception it can get.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hearing UConn turned the ACC down for the 3rd time as they are contemplating a B!G invite

Just speculation though
You know you can be kind of a dick, but I have to admit that was mildly funny.

caw

Reaction Score
NotSureIfSerious.png

There are exactly 64 schools in the Gang of Five with Notre Dame hitching a ride to make 65 yet Susan and Warde are turning down ACC invites?

In case you missed it. It's your ACC brethren trying to make a joke.

Reaction Score
In case you missed it. It's your ACC brethren trying to make a joke.

He can write good tips on tailgating but boy is he as dumb as a box of rocks.

Reaction Score

I think MHver3 knows how is bread is buttered. Uconn is on the edge. Anything he says is picked up instantly and spoken like the gospel. we are a twits wet dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom