UConn All-Decade Teams (2010-2019) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn All-Decade Teams (2010-2019)

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
So far, 5 posters have indeed 'considered' Sid Wilson, and all questioned his appearance on the list.
Were they "Wilsoned?"

Reaction Score
Drummond doesn't belong near the first team, so saying Boat should be over him is correct. When you compare Boat to Oriakhi or Daniels, however, it gets murkier. Boat is the only one who played 4 years at UConn, and his best year was his fourth year. Having said that, however, his best year was when the team around him wasn't any good, and both Oriakhi and Daniels were, to me, more important to their championship teams as dominating bigs than Boat was sharing the ball with Shabazz. I'm not knocking Board, and we don't win in '14 without both of them, but if I had had to play without either Daniels or Boat, I would have picked Boat.

Which, as I said, makes it an interesting choice and if you want to pick the 4th guard saying he deserves it, you can absolutely make that case.

I know that the way he left (and his final season at UConn) rubbed a lot of fans the wrong way, but Oriakhi was an extremely good defender his Sophomore year. If you re-watch the San Diego State and Arizona games, he completely destroyed what they tried to do offensively, especially Arizona in the first half in the pick and roll. He was also a very good post defender and rebounded well. I think Boat was a better and more productive player during his career at UConn but for the sake of team balance I can understand why Oriakhi would be on the All-Decade team.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure how Gilbert over Vital could be justified. I was hoping Gilbert would have a Boatrightesque career. Man, I really hope he's healthy this year.

I'd also argue Roscoe over Olander, but I also can't really defend someone who bailed on the program.

Reaction Score
@AuRevoirAAC care to defend your inclusion of Wilson? Just curious. I am always perplexed by the general level of positivity on the Boneyard towards his game. He looked abominable to me last season. That said, I know little about the nuances of basketball, so I am trying to be enlightened. This question also goes out to anyone else who would rate his play last season as average or better.
He wanted to make sure we were paying attention
Mickey Mouse would have been to obvious

Reaction Score
Its amazing we won 2 NCs in this decade when you look at the best players. Open this up and compare the 90's and 00's 1st and 2nd teams vs these it would be eye opening. That's goes to show you just how damn good Kemba and Bazz were in their respective runs.

Absolutely, and Bazz had Boat.

Reaction Score
Yeah wait...of ALL the players in the last decade, why is Sid Wilson an honorable mention??? Otherwise not too much to argue.
Okwandu deserves to be an honorable mention well above everyone on said list except Scoe and Kromah

Reaction Score
@AuRevoirAAC care to defend your inclusion of Wilson? Just curious. I am always perplexed by the general level of positivity on the Boneyard towards his game. He looked abominable to me last season. That said, I know little about the nuances of basketball, so I am trying to be enlightened. This question also goes out to anyone else who would rate his play last season as average or better.
Sidney Wilson has officially been removed. I guess the logic was based on his athleticism, and being somewhat of a coveted recruit (247 top 100). But yes - performance on the court has certainly been subpar. Many confused “honorable mention” with “others to consider”. All things aside, I hope Sid has a big year for us. Seems like a great kid with a lot of potential.

Reaction Score
OLANDER?!?
We could debate this til we’re blue in the face, but anyone with two national championships deserves to be on this list. Especially since he was a starter on one of the title teams.

Having said that, it’s crazy to think that the same kid who started in the 2011 title game as a freshman would come off the bench against UK in 2014. That alone might be one of the most bizarre stories in CBB the past decade.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom