UConn AD returns to Phoenix area, where he once worked for Arizona State (AzCentral) | The Boneyard

UConn AD returns to Phoenix area, where he once worked for Arizona State (AzCentral)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

-> I’m aware that my name has been associated with that opening,” Benedict said. “I’m focused 100% on UConn and what we’re doing right now. We got an amazing opportunity to finish our winter sports, the most successful winter with all of our sports in our history of our athletics program. I’m totally lined up behind our men’s and women’s basketball teams, trying to help them in whatever little way I possibly can so that they can win these two championships."

“But, I certainly love the Valley. I was born and raised here. Both of my parents are dual-degree earners from ASU, my dad played football there and my wife competed there. So, I have a fondness for ASU. I care about the university. But I’m not concerned or thinking about their opening at the moment.” <-

Reaction Score
Seems pretty clear.
Is it?

To me, these comments scream "I'm having no discussion with ASU personally about the position but my agent is another story."

But maybe I'm just a pessimist...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
First in with a rando JC or Geno should be next AD.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Adios Dave!

Reaction Score
Anyone else find it interesting that Hurley talked about ASU not supporting men's basketball and that Bobby could do better if he was supported like Dan is at UConn.

Reaction Score
Yes, he is leaving. UConn will be fine. I don’t think hating on him going is necessary. I never would fault someone for wanting to go back home.
Agreed, he did good by UConn overall. Was at the helm for our basketball resurgence. Can’t fault the guy for going back home and going to a P5 job. Maybe never leads to anything but can’t hurt to have him leading a B12 program either…

Reaction Score
This is like the least denial-y denial I've ever read.

Fortunately, our AD having a foot out the door isn't much of a distraction for this team.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Any chance Arizona State has a Men's Hockey Coach opening that he can take with him to ASU?

And quite ironic after the whole Big 12 fiasco and getting toyed with by the B12 and the 'corner four' that he ends up as the new ASU AD as they head into the B12 with Brett Yormark.

Does he pull an Edsall and stay behind on the flight back? :)

Bob Hurley for new Athletic Director?! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom