UConn a 5-Seed in the West in Latest Bracketology | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn a 5-Seed in the West in Latest Bracketology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Some of you nitwits seem to think UConn exists in a vacuum.

There are hundreds of schools out there and they're winning and losing games on a daily basis. Incredibly, those wins and losses have a bearing on UConn's place in the world, so a loss at Louisville did not cause them to plummet down to the CIT tournament.

Bracketology is not Lunardi's full-time job. He's vice-prez of marketing and communications at St. Joseph's and also does color commentary for their men's hoop program.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Bracketology is not Lunardi's full-time job. He's vice-prez of marketing and communications at St. Joseph's and also does color commentary for their men's hoop program.

That explains it. Saved me the arduous google search.

caw

Reaction Score
21 in both polls, not that polls are near 100% but seems like 5 seed is pretty consensus right now.

Lunardi has interns that do some of the bracketology stuff also, or he did.

I would love the bracket in the west. I know nothing about North Dakota State, but I mean SDSU is a good team but not a bunch of bruisers. Zona would be tough but I think without Ashley UConn matches up decently. Please give us that.​

Reaction Score
21 in both polls, not that polls are near 100% but seems like 5 seed is pretty consensus right now.

Lunardi has interns that do some of the bracketology stuff also, or he did.

I would love the bracket in the west. I know nothing about North Dakota State, but I mean SDSU is a good team but not a bunch of bruisers. Zona would be tough but I think without Ashley UConn matches up decently. Please give us that.​

Zona would not be a favorable match-up. They would maul us on the boards, they're an excellent interior passing team, and they have two of the best perimeter defenders in the country in Nick Johnson and T.J. McConnell.

I'd much rather see an Embiid-less Kansas team. That's a team we match up well with.

caw

Reaction Score
Zona would not be a favorable match-up. They would maul us on the boards, they're an excellent interior passing team, and they have two of the best perimeter defenders in the country in Nick Johnson and T.J. McConnell.

I'd much rather see an Embiid-less Kansas team. That's a team we match up well with.

I didn't say favorable.

Kansas may have Embiid back by then. It's not a sure thing they get a one seed.

Of the three sure fire one seeds I want nothing to do with Florida early. WSU is just a huge question mark. Zona is good but without Ashley I think it's a decent matchup. The fourth one seed could be Duke (gimme), Cuse (Ditto), Kansas (don't want if Emboid is healthy), UL (no).

The interior of the three solid one seeds should all have clear advantages over UConn, but give me the team with the star PF definitely out.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If you don't think we end up in a bracket with a bunch of former BE teams or teams we've beaten on the way to NC's (Arizona, SDSU, Duke...) then the tournament games aren't televised.

Being a non-protected seed likely means we are out of the running for NYC unless they but all the eastern teams there and put UL, Memphis, SMU and Cincy in other regions. Cuse's late season suckfest likely stole our 5-6 seed in MSG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom