UConn +8 vs. Nova | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn +8 vs. Nova

Reaction Score
When a line stands out like that, it always makes you wonder, what do these people know that we don't? I think that is very high as well. I could understand UConn being a dog on the road vs Villanova, but Im really surprised it's more than 4 or 5 with how well we played vs PC, and Bouknight back.

Reaction Score
Very strange line since KenPom is +6 and we've got Bouk back and looked good last game.

Someone mentioned Trey Patterson but I can't confirm he's playing anywhere nor would he be worth 2 points.

Reaction Score
Maybe with Nova coming off a beating by Creighton people think they will want to lay a beating.

Nova is playing for a 1 seed while we are fighting for our lives. Let's go Boys....statement time!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hurley needs to have the guys ready for this one. I can understand the high spread due to the fact Nova got blown out last game by Creighton and we are playing them away.

Those 2 things make this game a big game for Nova for seeding purposes.

PS: Carlton could help in this game. Don't want to see a lot of Sanogo in this one for long parts of the game.

#FeedPolley

Reaction Score
Opened at 8... I was surprised with how high
I smell a HUSKY UPSET. They almost won at Nova last year with a big crowd on hand. I think Hurley will have this guys ready to play. The Uconn Defense will be the key here and they must dominate on the glass. 77-75 Uconn win.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I think the score at the 2nd media TO will be pretty telling in how this thing goes. Fingers and toes crossed.

Reaction Score
Here's my FanDuel set up for tomorrow:

+7.5 UConn
-5.5 Illinois over Minnesota (Kalscheur out)
+2 Texas Tech v Kansas
-6.5 BYU over Loyola-Marymount

Also a parlay for all four combined.

Wofford -3 over Western Carolina is a good look too.
You took the points in all of em or money line in some of them

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Vegas always seems to know. I don't like that line one bit. It's a bait line to get people to bet UConn. They are seeing this as a double digit game
I'd be more concerned about this in a "normal" season. But this one has been so unpredictable. Anyone know what the line was on the Creighton game that 'Nova lost by 16, or their SJU game?

Edit: Actually, I found them:

Vs Creighton - nova favored by 2.5; lost by 16
SJU - nova favored by 9; lost by 11

I'm not giving up hope.

Reaction Score
When a line stands out like that, it always makes you wonder, what do these people know that we don't? I think that is very high as well. I could understand UConn being a dog on the road vs Villanova, but Im really surprised it's more than 4 or 5 with how well we played vs PC, and Bouknight back.

In this case, I think it's what we know that they don't.

Reaction Score
I've been sniffing around trying to figure out why this line opened so high. Nova is 1-3 ATS this month, so that's not it. Nova only allows family, no fans. UConn getting 54% of bets and (more importantly) 84% of money, so sharps aren't playing Nova.

Reaction Score
The thing that scares me the most about this one is the foul line. If we start trading fouls, I don't like our chances. Have to play smart and not be sucked into every pump fake.

Reaction Score
I can care less about the spread. It has ZERO implications on the actual game.

Reaction Score
I'd be more concerned about this in a "normal" season. But this one has been so unpredictable. Anyone know what the line was on the Creighton game that 'Nova lost by 16, or their SJU game?

Edit: Actually, I found them:

Vs Creighton - nova favored by 2.5; lost by 16
SJU - nova favored by 9; lost by 11

I'm not giving up hope.
I totally agree with this viewpoint as well because I follow lines closely and have seen some pretty big minus numbers get beat on the floor this year more than any other

Reaction Score
I've been sniffing around trying to figure out why this line opened so high. Nova is 1-3 ATS this month, so that's not it. Nova only allows family, no fans. UConn getting 54% of bets and (more importantly) 84% of money, so sharps aren't playing Nova.
That’s a crazy % of the $$ on UConn. Really surprised the spread hasn’t dropped considerably if that’s the case

Reaction Score
Spread down to +6.5 now, and looks like it could get to +6.0 soon. People are taking early action on the Huskies, lets make it not matter and win this thing outright!

Reaction Score
Need draftings to get their line published ASAP here in Tennessee so I can hammer that. Anyone know what the ML is for the game (guess it would be in the +240 range)?
Still not up on Draftkings. I hate how long they take to put up lines for next day.

Reaction Score
Nova lines are always set a point or two higher than I expect. I remember being shocked that they were a 3 point favorite over Oklahoma in the final four a few years ago when they'd been blown out by the Sooners earlier that season - then they won by like 50.

8 or 9 is about what I was expecting even though I think UConn might be better - Vegas doesn't seem to make much adjustment if any for the lack of crowd. The travel and familiarity is more important, I guess.

Last edited:

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
UConn money line has to be seeing a ton of action right now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom