UConn @ #7/8 BU (10/20/17 @7:30p) & UConn v. BU (10/21/17 @ 5:05p) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn @ #7/8 BU (10/20/17 @7:30p) & UConn v. BU (10/21/17 @ 5:05p)

Reaction Score
First period they played like they were tired or disinterested. I'll go with tired.
Second period they came out and took it to BU, scores two quick goals to make it 3-2. Then there was a play where Ronan Had his arm on a BU forward who turned and gave a quick wave to the ref as if to say why don't you call this.
Then the ref immediately called it, BU scored on a power play and all momentum immediately went BUs way.
Ref

He did more than wave. Full out yelled "he's duck***g holding me" and the ref was dumb enough to let that influence him into making the call. That was another annoyance in addition to BU stalling and delaying the game intentionally after they iced the puck. They tried playing it off like they were confused about who was supposed to be out there and Quinn even sent somebody off the bench to buy time. To top it off I'm pretty sure they didn't have the right players out there before or after they took the TO.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
By the way, where the fans yesterday? I was walking toward my seats at about 5:05-5:10 and I hear a roar, thinking UConn scored and it was the BU fans celebrating their second goal.

I'm sure there are a lot of reasons but come on. Home opener against a great opponent. Get your asses to the game.

By the way the students for football and hockey were lame yesterday (not the ones who stayed for football or showed up for hockey - the others). LAME

Reaction Score
By the way, where the fans yesterday? I was walking toward my seats at about 5:05-5:10 and I hear a roar, thinking UConn scored and it was the BU fans celebrating their second goal.

I'm sure there are a lot of reasons but come on. Home opener against a great opponent. Get your asses to the game.

By the way the students for football and hockey were lame yesterday (not the ones who stayed for football or showed up for hockey - the others). LAME

HockeyEastOnline.com - Statistics

Sad we couldn't even break 4K.

I could see Alabama-Huntsville
But BU?

Reaction Score
HockeyEastOnline.com - Statistics

Sad we couldn't even break 4K.

I could see Alabama-Huntsville
But BU?
I noticed two guys in football jerseys leaving the arena after the first period - doesn't seem like linking the start times of football and hockey worked out. By far the smallest crowd for a weekend BU game at XL I've seen. 5 pm is a really odd start time for a game, too early to go out for dinner before the game, and too late to go out for dinner after the game, especially if you wanted to watch the Yankee game after.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom