UConn @ #7/8 BU (10/20/17 @7:30p) & UConn v. BU (10/21/17 @ 5:05p) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn @ #7/8 BU (10/20/17 @7:30p) & UConn v. BU (10/21/17 @ 5:05p)

Reaction Score
An all to familiar story playing out for UConn hockey. Play a great game the night before then come home and lay an egg. Penalty 17 seconds in and down 2 goals, 2 minutes in. We have seen this play out far too often.

Reaction Score
Not good. 5-2 bad guys. I didn’t hate BU before tonight but they’re fans are awful.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
That was a disappointing mess. Glad it was an early game, so I can do something else and redeem the evening.

Reaction Score
I think some of you guys are overreacting a bit. Huska gave up some softies. We were being outshot, I think 11-0 at 1 point in the 1st and it ended up 32-30 in favor of BU.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I think some of you guys are overreacting a bit. Huska gave up some softies. We were being outshot, I think 11-0 at 1 point in the 1st and it ended up 32-30 in favor of BU.
No, it was a mess.

Reaction Score
Btw Masonius didn't have a bad game other than the turnover he gave up on the PP which led to a breakaway for BU.

Reaction Score
Just got home from the double header...I’m gonna agree with both @TheDoggPound and @Bomber36. First period was bad..thought they came out sluggish to start the 3rd too. Masonius turnover was pretty bad...but overall D played well. My obversations:
Defenseman need to put the puck on the net when they shoot..same goes for the forwards.

This team needs to go hard every shift or they won’t be in position to win games.

Robbins is quickly becoming a favorite of mine..max effort every time he is on the ice..like Ronan but a little bigger with a bit of an attitude.

Uconn team refused to be pushed around by guys like Greenway..

BU is a deep team and I’m sure Quinn ripped into them last night. This wasn’t the same UConn team I watched on live stream last night either.

Jordan Greenway is a punk on the ice. He is just a big kid who really can’t skate all that well and doesn’t do much of anything all that well..lazy. He better learn how to fight or his NHL career will he over before it gets started

Chad Krys ..not overly impressed with him. Fab Ro is miles away a better defenseman..I can see why he dropped in the draft.

Quinn wears black New avalanche sneakers with his suit

Reaction Score
Just got home from the double header...I’m gonna agree with both @TheDoggPound and @Bomber36. First period was bad..thought they came out sluggish to start the 3rd too. Masonius turnover was pretty bad...but overall D played well. My obversations:
Defenseman need to put the puck on the net when they shoot..same goes for the forwards.

This team needs to go hard every shift or they won’t be in position to win games.

Robbins is quickly becoming a favorite of mine..max effort every time he is on the ice..like Ronan but a little bigger with a bit of an attitude.

Uconn team refused to be pushed around by guys like Greenway..

BU is a deep team and I’m sure Quinn ripped into them last night. This wasn’t the same UConn team I watched on live stream last night either.

Jordan Greenway is a punk on the ice. He is just a big kid who really can’t skate all that well and doesn’t do much of anything all that well..lazy. He better learn how to fight or his NHL career will he over before it gets started

Chad Krys ..not overly impressed with him. Fab Ro is miles away a better defenseman..I can see why he dropped in the draft.

Quinn wears black New avalanche sneakers with his suit

+1 on the Greenway comment. I was saying during the game the guy plays hockey like he's playing football and he better learn to fight because guys like Lucic, etc. aren't going to put up with that kid's antics. At one point during the game he barreled into Huska on a drive to the net, knocked the net off and didn't receive a penalty. The refs just let that guy do anything he wanted out there.

Reaction Score
+1 on the Greenway comment. I was saying during the game the guy plays hockey like he's playing football and he better learn to fight because guys like Lucic, etc. aren't going to put up with that kid's antics. At one point during the game he barreled into Huska on a drive to the net, knocked the net off and didn't receive a penalty. The refs just let that guy do anything he wanted out there.
Agree 100%...he was bullying some of the guys around..Karashik, Rigali to name a few..was actually chasing Karashik around...tried with Pratt, Wight, Freeman, and Masonius but they pushed back and he moved on..like a typical bully. He won't last long in the NHL...and I can see why a LOT of teams passed on him...the scouting report on him pre NHL entry draft in The New England and New York Hockey Journal was dead on.

Reaction Score
Chanting at my boy Huska and BC sucks. Just like Red Sox fans. You know you’re not playing BCU, right?
You happen to notice your two UConn "boys" sitting below the BU group making complete drunken fools of themselves until another UConn fan got security to throw them out? If that group of our guys pissed you off, you ought to get to other arenas, they were harmless.

Reaction Score
First period they played like they were tired or disinterested. I'll go with tired.
Second period they came out and took it to BU, scores two quick goals to make it 3-2. Then there was a play where Ronan Had his arm on a BU forward who turned and gave a quick wave to the ref as if to say why don't you call this.
Then the ref immediately called it, BU scored on a power play and all momentum immediately went BUs way.
Ref

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom