UConn (-6) vs Purdue | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn (-6) vs Purdue

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Purdue has to wear their road unis.

Love it. Reinforces they are the underdog who has to overperform to win.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Purdue has to wear their road unis.

Love it. Reinforces they are the underdog who has to overperform to win.
This has been announced?

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
To me, this is where my head is at. Clinigan needs to play good D, stay in the game, and make ZE work for his 20/10. Anything we get him from him offensively is a bonus imo. Purdue needs 45 points from everyone else, at a minimum.

Who are they putting on Castle? Newtown? Karaban?
None of their guards will have the size and/or athleticism to win defensively against Castle, Newton and Spencer.

If Edey is following Clingan out to the perimeter on screens we could have a lot of cuts to the hoop open off off ball action when a Edey vacates the paint.

If he plays his normal drop coverage we should have a lot of 12 foot floaters in the paint off the Clingan screens.

Clingan will go at Edey 1 on 1, hopefully mostly facing the hoop and not backing him down. Trying to drive right at Edey would be a mistake, the guy doesn’t foul / doesn’t get called for fouls.

I think that’s how we will attack them on the offensive end.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
One thing we should be working on today; for the minutes Johnson is spelling DC is to have a guard slash to the basket (DC can ne the scout version of Edey) and when Edey closes to protect the rim, SJ slides to the opposite side of the basket for a lob. A huge part of their defense is to funnel the guards in Edey. SJ is athletic enough (if he gets correct positioning) that he can get the (very high) lob once Edey is out of position, contesting the driver.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
We're the higher seed so I think (assume?) it's a given
They easily could have changed it over the years but in 1999 we were the "home team" due to winning a coin flip. Then, the higher seed was the home team unless equal seeds met, then it would be a coin flip. Now, I have no idea if that still holds.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Can Purdue put down 80+ pts? Sure didn’t look like it last night and, IMO, if you can’t do that… you aren’t unseating the Huskies. Can’t wait for this game.

Reaction Score
One thing we should be working on today; for the minutes Johnson is spelling DC is to have a guard slash to the basket (DC can ne the scout version of Edey) and when Edey closes to protect the rim, SJ slides to the opposite side of the basket for a lob. A huge part of their defense is to funnel the guards in Edey. SJ is athletic enough (if he gets correct positioning) that he can get the (very high) lob once Edey is out of position, contesting the driver.
I think they have to press this. Make Edey contest a rim rocker that will pump up the team. He’s tough but he has weaknesses

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
But Edey plays 40 minutes. Unless we get Edey in foul trouble, Johnson is going to guard Edey for some short spans.
I didn't realize Edey played that much.

Reaction Score
I'm seeing -7, but still, pretty high. Moneyline around -300/+240, implying about a 70-75% chance of winning, whew.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom