uconn 5th for nba players | The Boneyard

uconn 5th for nba players

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Well if UK continues this trend, their number increases by 4-5 per year. Unless someone leaves the NBA.

Reaction Score
This is why the new basketball facility is so important. If you have had a chance to go to the bowels of Gampel, it is a cynder block basement with no windows. The only thing getting recruits is the pictures of Uconn players who coming in probably had no shot at an NBA career in NBA uniforms. Without Calhoun the current basketball locker rooms is just a cynderblock basement of without windows.

Reaction Score
Funny stuff, these kids talk about the Walls, Knights, Davis's etc but these guys were NBA players if the played for AIC.....how did the Squid do for Daniel Orton????

Reaction Score
http://works.bepress.com/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1030&context=jack_styczynski

Davidson & Gonzaga have their best teams ever on paper this year. McKillop/Davidson argueably the most underrated coach in college basketball. It would be great to see a coach like McKillop get to a Final 4. The window is so small with schools like Davidson. 4 tough talented senior captains pluse Brooks could inch them to the promised land this year.

Gonzaga? They are overrdue to break through and finally have the depth to get to a Final 4. Pangos and Bell coupled with Harris & Dower to go along with other solid contributors should have Zags fans expecting Few to finally deliver a Final 4 run.

Barring key injuries I think UConn wins 10 Big East games this year. Ollie will get the job done. Easy to root for that guy when all is said and done.

Reaction Score
Sad. UConn used to be no. 1 for many years.
Though if memory serves me correctly, the amount of NBA players UConn had at any given time never deviated that far from its current 12. Duke's numbers are impressive considering that only two of them are one-and-done players (Irving and Rivers) that entered the league since the NBA put its age restriction into place.

Reaction Score
Are these lists including Orton, Shavlik Randolph and guys that have been recently waived? They may have latched on but I saw these 2 in particular being cut recently..........

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Funny stuff, these kids talk about the Walls, Knights, Davis's etc but these guys were NBA players if the played for AIC.....how did the Squid do for Daniel Orton????
thats what i say, if a kid is considered a top 5-10 pick out of high school, how does that reflect the coaching? look at kyrie and coach k

SouthTampaBill

20" Neck
Reaction Score
y
http://works.bepress.com/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1030&context=jack_styczynski

Davidson & Gonzaga have their best teams ever on paper this year. McKillop/Davidson argueably the most underrated coach in college basketball. It would be great to see a coach like McKillop get to a Final 4. The window is so small with schools like Davidson. 4 tough talented senior captains pluse Brooks could inch them to the promised land this year.

Gonzaga? They are overrdue to break through and finally have the depth to get to a Final 4. Pangos and Bell coupled with Harris & Dower to go along with other solid contributors should have Zags fans expecting Few to finally deliver a Final 4 run.

Barring key injuries I think UConn wins 10 Big East games this year. Ollie will get the job done. Easy to root for that guy when all is said and done.

McKillop is a good guy. Former Holy Trinity HS coach on Long Island

He actually voted for me my senior year for Long Island Catholic HS All League since I averaged 20 pts and 18 rebounds against his 6'9" Malcolm Cesare who ended up playing at University of Florida and was drafted into the NBA

Reaction Score
y

He actually voted for me my senior year for Long Island Catholic HS All League since I averaged 20 pts and 18 rebounds against his 6'9" Malcolm Cesare who ended up playing at University of Florida and was drafted into the NBA
That's pretty good considering Cesare's height 3-4" height advantage over you. Did you use your weight to push him around on the blocks or just good ol'-fashioned pluck, grit, and determination?

Reaction Score
y

"Reluctantly accepting the fact that his playing career was over, he took a job teaching history and coaching basketball at Holy Trinity High in Long Island in 1972. After a sparkling 86-25 record as coach..."

http://www.davidsonwildcats.com/staff.aspx?staff=56

The data provided by Basketball Times is real interesting but only teams that have won 66% of their games are included in this list. That's an ugly stat to start on considering the discrepancies between league strengths. Some mid-majors are favored in any list that would use such a stat. So those schools should stay humble. Having said that this years Davidson team will be very very interesting to follow. They won't be out coached by any team and he has some real players. I look forward to them spanking Duke this year.

Congrats on your accomplishments on the hardwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom