UConn @ #5/#16 Virginia (Friday 2/19/21 @ 3p > Saturday 2/20/21 @ 1p & Sunday 2/21/20 @ 1p -- All Games streamed on ACC Network Extra/ACCNX) | Page 17 | The Boneyard

UConn @ #5/#16 Virginia (Friday 2/19/21 @ 3p > Saturday 2/20/21 @ 1p & Sunday 2/21/20 @ 1p -- All Games streamed on ACC Network Extra/ACCNX)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If Brown can hit .270ish while providing good defense at 3rd, our ceiling is suddenly raised.

If Brown does what is described above, there is a pretty good chance the 3B job will be his to run with.

All during the fall ball season the coaching staff was commenting on the positional and pitching depth of this UConn team. The funny thing is, considering Chris Brown barely got mentioned if at all in interviews and tweets during the fall ball season or as a part of last season's team, it really seems as if he has come out of nowhere. Whatever the case, it would seem as if the depth of this team might be a bit deeper than the coaches may have previously realized. We'll see if Chris Brown can continue this run, as I suspect he will get chances to play next weekend off of his performance this past weekend against one of the best teams UConn is going to play this season.

Coach Penders alluded to David Langer not being available which led to Brown getting the opportunity to start. I wonder how much time Langer is going to miss. Also interesting that Brown got the opportunity to play over Andy Hague, but I imagine it is possible that Hague was not available to play as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul