UConn -4 vs. Marquette | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn -4 vs. Marquette

Reaction Score
I like either Marquette moneyline (+150 last night) or us -3.5.

DK has a promo with 33% boost on live CBB bets this weekend, good opportunity there too.

caw

Reaction Score
The key is shutting down Prosper. He doesn't play well and Marquette has serious issues. Hope Karaban can outplay him tomorrow. That IMO is the key matchup tomorrow.

UConn is the only team to beat Marquette by more than five points this year. I think this will be a battle.

Reaction Score
BET attendance has been unmatched so far. The 1st round sessions were sold out, let alone yesterday afternoon's quarterfinal session (which I believe was also sold out).

I was watching the game in my office on FoxSports with headphones, but It seemed that the atmosphere for UConn/Providence was electric, which beg the questions of how many "home" fans did St. Johns have and how many tickets were left to support a team all the way from Wisconsin?

Marquette will presumably have a harder time feeding off the crowd tonight than UConn.
I was surprised at how many Marquette fans were there yesterday. They traveled pretty well and we're pretty good fans. I convinced the Marquette fans sitting next to us to root for the Huskies against Providence, but the rest were clearly cheering for PC.

Reaction Score
Against other teams Kolek can usually find the open man left alone. Against UCONN it's not that simple. I'd be happy if he's forced to be the primary scorer tonight,

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

DK has a promo with 33% boost on live CBB bets this weekend, good opportunity there too.
If you bet the Marquette money line, you root against UConn in order to make a profit.

This is why I rarely bet on sports and never on a game where I have a rooting interest in one of the teams. I'm way to emotional.

Reaction Score
If you bet the Marquette money line, you root against UConn in order to make a profit.

This is why I rarely bet on sports and never on a game where I have a rooting interest in one of the teams. I'm way to emotional.
More like I root for UConn, am OK losing money if we win, and if we lose, winning money is a small consolation prize.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
He just needs to slow down a bit, and he can learn from Adama in that respect. It seems like whenever he gets the ball he’s in a rush and doesn’t use his fundamentals to finish a layup/dunk. He got burned a couple times by Ben Gold last game, but he should be able to dominate him in the post.
The team/He don’t do anymore pick and rolls for him

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

Half Baked Boo GIF

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Now that betting is finally live, I got the good guys at -3.5. Grabbed us to win the NC too, but odds were worse than last week.

Reaction Score
Clingan for whatever the reason didn’t have much of an impact against PC. He’s due for a big game.
I think that will be something to watch. Clingan has played well against them. He needs to show tonight.

Reaction Score
That last 19 seconds in regulation, down by one with the. ball, I thought they had it in the bag. Call timeout and run a play? No go 1 on 3 and lose the possession.
Yeah. Or when they picked off the inbounds with like 20 secs left and mike Jones tries to barrel to the hoop and turns it over. Shudda called To there

Reaction Score
That last 19 seconds in regulation, down by one with the. ball, I thought they had it in the bag. Call timeout and run a play? No go 1 on 3 and lose the possession.
Fact that you would rather be up one without the ball than down one with the ball in that situation. 75% of the time the team down one with the ball does not score.

Reaction Score
The key is shutting down Prosper. He doesn't play well and Marquette has serious issues. Hope Karaban can outplay him tomorrow. That IMO is the key matchup tomorrow.

UConn is the only team to beat Marquette by more than five points this year. I think this will be a battle.
Prosper did a great job on Hawk in Milwaukee but Hawk had his way in Hartford

Reaction Score

Then it shall be done. AK has been pumping ice in his veins. Calling out 14-5-3asst 2 bl. Holding prosper to equal points or less.

Reaction Score
Bookies like Marquette here. I think it's 50/50. The PG worries me a bit. Turnovers worry me. Crowd will help. I watched nova game last night and crowd was gone. That won't happen tonite. Who guards Kolek? He is obviously the key. Shut him down and I like our chances. Xavier looked gassed last night. Creighton is a problem for us. Let's see what happens.

I think there was a game last month where a team beat Marquette by 18 with a very, very effective gameplan.

Hopefully Hurley & Co. can review the gamefilm from that beatdown to get some hints for how to develop a gameplan for tonight... ;)

Reaction Score
He just needs to slow down a bit, and he can learn from Adama in that respect. It seems like whenever he gets the ball he’s in a rush and doesn’t use his fundamentals to finish a layup/dunk. He got burned a couple times by Ben Gold last game, but he should be able to dominate him in the post.
The biggest adjustment Clingan needs to make is to stop spending the entire offensive possession setting screens at the three point line.

Set a couple screens at most then dive down low and setup in the paint strong.. Get position down low and demand the ball.

DH talks about 4 out, 1 in, offense, but with Donovan we’ve been running a 5 out, 0 in, offense. Doesn’t work.

Reaction Score
The biggest adjustment Clingan needs to make is to stop spending the entire offensive possession setting screens at the three point line.

Set a couple screens at most then dive down low and setup in the paint strong.. Get position down low and demand the ball.

DH talks about 4 out, 1 in, offense, but with Donovan we’ve been running a 5 out, 0 in, offense. Doesn’t work.
Doesn't work? We have the 10th best offense in the country. Our center just got 1st team all conference.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I think Clingan scored 20 in our loss against them. For some reason things like that seem to matter. Happens often. Here’s hoping!
what Clingan gets another 20 in a loss?

Reaction Score
St Johns could've and should've won that game.
The Marquette pg was the difference. In college good point guard play makes a huge difference. That’s why I think Newton is critical. When he plays well we play well. When he is not playing well we don’t. He isn’t the flashiest name on the floor but he is very important.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom