UConn -4 vs. Marquette | The Boneyard

UConn -4 vs. Marquette

Reaction Score
Is Marquette going to have the legs to play us tomorrow after all that dancing in the locker room after beating St John’s in overtime?
To be fair both games were dog fights (leg wise)… depth plays a big factor here on out

Reaction Score
Tomorrow's game against Marquette will be interesting as I think it's our Big's production versus their backcourt production.
Dominate the boards and control Kolek's penetration and kick will be critical. Marquette not very big as we know so I really would not be
surprised to see Shaka play zone more than they like. I have seen them play zone quite a bit more over the 2nd half of the season. Both team's are tough as it is good for the Big East to be represented well come NCAA's in another week.

Reaction Score
Both played 9 guys, but Marquette had one over 40 and three over 30. UConn had only Jackson and Hawk over 30.

UConn shouldn't have too much wear.
Jokes aside, UConn has proven tired-ness is over-rated for back to back games. Mental toughness is the key to tournament play. I think the Huskies are back to playing with something to prove.

Reaction Score
I think Hurley was sitting on Sanogo holding him for the next 2 games with the lead during that comeback he only played a total of 27 minutes yesterday. It was reasonable until it wasn’t. Today comes down to effort and defensive intensity on our part especially on their guards.

Reaction Score
Tomorrow's game against Marquette will be interesting as I think it's our Big's production versus their backcourt production.
Dominate the boards and control Kolek's penetration and kick will be critical. Marquette not very big as we know so I really would not be
surprised to see Shaka play zone more than they like. I have seen them play zone quite a bit more over the 2nd half of the season. Both team's are tough as it is good for the Big East to be represented well come NCAA's in another week.

Reaction Score
Bookies like Marquette here. I think it's 50/50. The PG worries me a bit. Turnovers worry me. Crowd will help. I watched nova game last night and crowd was gone. That won't happen tonite. Who guards Kolek? He is obviously the key. Shut him down and I like our chances. Xavier looked gassed last night. Creighton is a problem for us. Let's see what happens.

Reaction Score
Clingan for whatever the reason didn’t have much of an impact against PC. He’s due for a big game.
I think Clingan scored 20 in our loss against them. For some reason things like that seem to matter. Happens often. Here’s hoping!

Reaction Score
If Marq presses a lot we are doomed. Can't handle pressure.

Reaction Score
Hard to see how St. John's even got this go to OT, other than FTs, and out-rebounding them by 9. St. John's shot 30%, 33% from 3. They were 20-24 from the line, while Marquette was 9-12.

Start Jackson on Kolek?

Reaction Score
Clingan has had two bad game in a row. We need him tonight. He seems to play well against Marquette. hopefully this gets him going.

Reaction Score
Hard to see how St. John's even got this go to OT, other than FTs, and out-rebounding them by 9. St. John's shot 30%, 33% from 3. They were 20-24 from the line, while Marquette was 9-12.

Start Jackson on Kolek?
St Johns was on fire in the first half from three. I think they were 6-12 in the first half, which means they were 2-12 in the 2nd and OT

I'm not surprised they lost. I remember thinking at halftime that there was no way they'd keep up that shooting and it was inevitable that Marquette would come back. SJU's play to send it to OT was really good though, get Posh going downhill and set a quiet backscreen on his man to create the open layup

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
BET attendance has been unmatched so far. The 1st round sessions were sold out, let alone yesterday afternoon's quarterfinal session (which I believe was also sold out).

I was watching the game in my office on FoxSports with headphones, but It seemed that the atmosphere for UConn/Providence was electric, which beg the questions of how many "home" fans did St. Johns have and how many tickets were left to support a team all the way from Wisconsin?

Marquette will presumably have a harder time feeding off the crowd tonight than UConn.

Reaction Score
Clingan for whatever the reason didn’t have much of an impact against PC. He’s due for a big game.
He just needs to slow down a bit, and he can learn from Adama in that respect. It seems like whenever he gets the ball he’s in a rush and doesn’t use his fundamentals to finish a layup/dunk. He got burned a couple times by Ben Gold last game, but he should be able to dominate him in the post.

Reaction Score

Start Jackson on Kolek?
What’s crazy is that St Johns missed a number of point blank layups in the second half. As in pregame warmup layup line gimme’s.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
St Johns could've and should've won that game.
That last 19 seconds in regulation, down by one with the. ball, I thought they had it in the bag. Call timeout and run a play? No go 1 on 3 and lose the possession.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom