UConn -4.5 pts vs Hoyas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Alot of respect again for the Huskies

Reaction Score
It is time for the Huskies to EAT and smell blood. Just like at the 2:00 minute mark of this vid. HUGE game to give us a very solid view from the inside looking out for the NCAA Tournament. Every fan show up that can! Home court could be the difference in this 1 if it goes down to the last 2 minutes.

Reaction Score
When we were 15 point favorites I offered to bet the farm that we wouldn't cover and we won by 16. This time I'm certainly betting the farm.

Reaction Score
We Are Doomed!!!!!

And I should add-

"PE- TOOWEY". I spit on Gtown!!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You have to be joking. We are missing Brimah and we are giving points? I do not care if this is a home game, they are bigger, pass well and dominate inside. We need to GET 5 points today.

Reaction Score
You have to be joking. We are missing Brimah and we are giving points? I do not care if this is a home game, they are bigger, pass well and dominate inside. We need to GET 5 points today.
You sir are a putz

Reaction Score
John Sr. could not coach(witness his one title with Ewing and his FF loss to Nova). His son's teams win but flame out in the Dance. He had the manpower to beat us today but failed to do so.:(:(:(:(

Reaction Score
We were fortunate to win with our field goal shooting in the second half and you know it.
If that makes you feel better for your stupid post then ok, but that is also wrong. At no point in the game did we have less than a 45% probability to win. http://kenpom.com/winprob.php?g=3455

Your comment that we should be 5 point dogs at home to that team was just plain stupid.

Reaction Score
Do you have anything other than to say, "You're stupid?"

I just read 3 posts from you in different threads that said nothing more than some variation of "You're a putz."

Reaction Score

I just read 3 posts from you in different threads that said nothing more than some variation of "You're a putz."

He said the post was stupid, which, it kind of was.

We've all said stupid things so it isn't really personal, but there's really no way to justify us being five point home dogs against a team most metrics place behind us.

Reaction Score

What the guy above me said. The post was stupid, very stupid. It is not personal. If I say something objectively dumb please tell me, I won't be offended.

Reaction Score
He said the post was stupid, which, it kind of was.

We've all said stupid things so it isn't really personal, but there's really no way to justify us being five point home dogs against a team most metrics place behind us.

He says that every post. I read 3 in a row in different threads.

I mean, what does that add?

Reaction Score
What the guy above me said. The post was stupid, very stupid. It is not personal. If I say something objectively dumb please tell me, I won't be offended.

It's a card you can use. Once in a while.

Reaction Score
I was actually kidding about getting 5 points but I did think giving 5 was too much. We took 36 foul shots they took 16 and fouls were 27 to 16. Just because you're at home doesn't automatically mean you will get that big a gap in fouls whether you drive it in or not. Calling people stupid is fine these days I guess, just watch the presidential candidates and their supporters, it's what parts of America has devolved to.

caw

Reaction Score
I was actually kidding about getting 5 points but I did think giving 5 was too much. We took 36 foul shots they took 16 and fouls were 27 to 16. Just because you're at home doesn't automatically mean you will get that big a gap in fouls whether you drive it in or not. Calling people stupid is fine these days I guess, just watch the presidential candidates and their supporters, it's what parts of America has devolved to.

I will respectfully disagree on the premise UConn got too many FTs compared to Gtown and beg you to watch the game again before making that claim. I admit I focused mostly on the second half, and you may have a case for the first half.

First take away the final 6 FTs where UConm was fouled on purpose to end the game. That makes it 30-16 and 27-16. Now look at all the threes they took. They literally took double the number UConn did (30-15).

Consider the rarity of getting a foul on a three point attempt and you can start to see why they had fewer FTs and more fouls. More jump shots means being slower to get in the bonus and double bonus in addition to not drawing shooting fouls. That right there is the majority of the difference.

In fact the refs (at least in the second) called very few off the ball fouls and let both teams play under the rim on rebounds. I saw one bad miss call in Georgetowns favor which resulted in a three for them anyway. They got a good percentage of calls for the amount of times they actually drove the ball.

On the flip side, I saw one bad call in UConns favor, but the refs also swallowed their whistle on quite a few drives where there was enough contact where refs could have called something.

They had a poor game plan in bombing so many threes against a smaller team.

Reaction Score
We deserved the calls plain and simple but we had to have them because if not our 4 field goals in the second half don't get it done. Thompson made a snide remark about the difference as KO would have if we were on the road in the same position. GT had size and talent that they did not use well, poor coaching. We shut down their back doors and easy baskets, that was a highlight and led to our win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom