UConn @ #3 UMass (11/30/18 @ 7p on NESN+) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn @ #3 UMass (11/30/18 @ 7p on NESN+)

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Didn't realize we were that young. I was feeling generally a little disappointed that the team has taken a step backwards from the last couple of years. I've also been disappointed that we got to the cusp of playoff consideration but have not broken through.

Maybe in two years this young squad will do that. I'm not giving up on Cav, but I'd like to see us have a breakthrough soon. If UMass can do it, and PC, and a school like Quinnipiac can become a national power, there shouldn't be anything preventing UConn from similar success.

Well, I mean you can only keep the guys on the ice for a maximum of four years so they were due for a turnover! :)

Another thing I noted from the broadcast was it took UMASS eight years to get ranked from when they brought back their program in the mid 90s. For those who aren't aware, UMass dropped the sport for a while but brought it back when they built the Mullins Center. So they had brand new facilities and energy and...it still took eight years.

It's frustrating as heck right now. But this stuff takes time.

Reaction Score
So in what his 3rd season the UMASS coach has his team ranked #3 in the country? Oh ok. I remember when we made coaching hires that made huge splashes like that. I also remember when we had the best top to bottom athletics program in the northeast.

whine whine whine

let UMASS have some good things

Reaction Score
Well, I mean you can only keep the guys on the ice for a maximum of four years so they were due for a turnover! :)

Another thing I noted from the broadcast was it took UMASS eight years to get ranked from when they brought back their program in the mid 90s. For those who aren't aware, UMass dropped the sport for a while but brought it back when they built the Mullins Center. So they had brand new facilities and energy and...it still took eight years.

It's frustrating as heck right now. But this stuff takes time.

Also, if memory serves, UConn men's hockey did not have any scholarships during its time in Atlantic Hockey. Once they joined Hockey East, the program phased in the full allotment of scholarships over I believe a four or possibly five year period. This while the other Hockey East programs already had their full allotment of scholarships. It did not make competing in the conference any easier for UConn while trying to build the program.

Reaction Score
There's only 1 seat left available for UMass' game at QU this Friday at the moment.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom