UConn -3.5 vs. Michigan | The Boneyard

UConn -3.5 vs. Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Make of it what you will. This is the first published line for a UConn game this season, no? Seems like Vegas is giving us a fair amount of respect.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I have a general rule not to bet on UConn games but if I wasn't a UConn fan I'd be all over that. I think it's going to be in the 8-10 range.

Now I'm sure I've jinxed them and they'll lose.

So now by stating the jinx I've hopefully removed it.

Great. Just great. UConn is going 3-27 because of you.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
That spread would have seemed right before Michigan handily lost to Xavier. After that, that line looks low.

Reaction Score
first published spread was the Furman game in which we were favored by 18.5..... we covered : )

Reaction Score
I have a general rule not to bet on UConn games but if I wasn't a UConn fan I'd be all over that. I think it's going to be in the 8-10 range.

But do you put the jinx back on by your last statement?

Reaction Score
Down to -3 this morning at my book and I will be hitting it. Line should be -5/-6 IMO. Can't wait for tonight!

Reaction Score

And with your discussion about he removal it's BACK!

Reaction Score
That spread would have seemed right before Michigan handily lost to Xavier. After that, that line looks low.

Teams play crappy once in a while we need to be very careful here with our assumptions. There's a reason it's only 3.5 ;)

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Teams play crappy once in a while we need to be very careful here with our assumptions. There's a reason it's only 3.5 ;)

Yes and that's why I won't bet on the Huskies.

UConn should be able to score against them, but the question is can they defend the perimeter.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
But do you put the jinx back on by your last statement?
Probably, but you removed it by calling him out on it. I may have put it back on by noting though, thus...

We're Dooomed!

Reaction Score
Let's see what happens when we get punched in the mouth for the 1st time this season but unless we go ice cold I think we cover. Oops the jinx is back in affect

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
My rule is to stay away from UConn game to game however -3.5 is interesting.

Reaction Score
I don't think we have any idea how this team will fare against good competition.

I wouldn't be surprised if we win by 10 or if we lose by 10. I guess that means I'd take UConn ATS and Michigan moneyline.

Reaction Score
On the one hand UConn typically has struggled in the first game against good competition after playing all cupcakes. Not sure that has anything to do with tonight's game but as a fan who has seen this happen way too many times it does give me some pause.

On the other hand this UConn team is very hungry after last season. It's a veteran team that understands the opportunity this tournament provides in setting themselves up for a very good season. I'm hoping they are very motivated and come out guns a blazing right from the start tonight.

I'll tell you what, I'll put big money on Michigan which will guarantee that UConn wins by a lot!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
While we haven't seen this current UConn team play against good competition yet, we have seen this Michigan team play a good team, and get waxed on their home floor 5 days ago. It a potentially a double edge sword because Michigan knows what they need to do better against good competition, but we also have a solid blueprint on what they struggled with. I hope UConn follows the same game plan Xavier did. Force Michigan to adjust. I don't think they have the inside personnel to match us, but they do have a solid perimeter game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom