UConn (-24) Northern Arizona | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn (-24) Northern Arizona

Reaction Score
I think NAU covers. I think we slaughter the other buy opponents but this one feels like a 15 point win. First game of the year and integrating a lot of new pieces (plus Clingan's injury) vs a team that could find its way into the NCAAs.
I’ll admit I know nothing about N. Arizona but the Big Sky preseason poll had them tied for 2nd to last just an fyi for the bettors.

Reaction Score
We're playing them as a favor to the coaching staff.

Reaction Score
I'm not touching the line on this one. This could go:
A) Strong out of the gate, up 52-25 at half en route to a 93-57 final where we cover easily
B) Slow out of the gate, pieces don't mesh, Clingan barely plays, up only 32-25 at half en route to a 75-57 final where we never cover
Keep in mind our team has already played some games in Europe, plus the 2 scrimminges. We should be ahead of where we normally would be with 3 new starters. I'd be surprised if we didn't blow them out

Reaction Score
We're playing them as a favor to the coaching staff.
What do you mean by that? As a favor for Tim Russo? That's not what the article in the Register said. Just a typical buy game.

Surprisingly, opening against Northern Arizona with Russo in tow is really just a coincidence. NAU wanted to play UConn last season and it didn't work out, but things lined up this season, Tim Russo or not.

Reaction Score
This team is the perfect compliment to defend last year’s title. A veteran backcourt and 8 returning champions. Good luck and go get ‘em.

IMG_9571.jpeg

Reaction Score
For me?

1) Raising the banner. Packed house. Students lining up early am for seats. Great energy in the building.

2) A couple weeks of Hurley telling them everyone thinks they’re third in the Big East and underestimating our key guys for postseason honors?

I think they come out like a freight train and win huge.

Reaction Score
So if classrooms turn your son off, did he decide to go to UNChave a snowboard team ?
I don’t think UNC has a snowboarding team.
I understand you need to be an athlete to get one of those seats in a non - class . Space is limited .

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
You need the Fox Sports app. Unfortunately I will be on a plane most of the time and hopeful it works, but if it doesnt hopeful someone posts a replay of the game - pleeaassee!!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
This team is the perfect compliment to defend last year’s title. A veteran backcourt and 8 returning champions. Good luck and go get ‘em.

View attachment 92770

Man, Clingan is gigantic. Not just tall, but built like a tank too. Samson isn't a small guy but he looks it next to Donovan.

Reaction Score
Man, Clingan is gigantic. Not just tall, but built like a tank too. Samson isn't a small guy but he looks it next to Donovan.

Clingan made Adama look like a child and he's 250lbs.

And the weirdest thing is he doesn't look weird like a lot of tall guys. No horse face or weird knobbly limbs like so many NBA gets get at 7'+. He's pretty much proportional and just deally fricken tall.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Apostolous is tall, maybe he grew another inch?
Yes agree if AK is 6’8” and he looks an inch taller. He may just be one of those guys like the wrench. Come into his own in his junior and senior years. Use the PT he gets this year and then slot in as a wing or stretch four his junior year. He can shoot the ball.

Reaction Score
Clingan made Adama look like a child and he's 250lbs.

And the weirdest thing is he doesn't look weird like a lot of tall guys. No horse face or weird knobbly limbs like so many NBA gets get at 7'+. He's pretty much proportional and just deally fricken tall.
I heard DC grew another inch in between your post and mine.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom