UConn (-24) Northern Arizona | The Boneyard

UConn (-24) Northern Arizona

Reaction Score
Draftkings opens UConn -24. Fanduel -23.5.

KenPom -23, Torvik -24.4.

UConn under Hurley tends to really pound bad teams. Since 18-19, UConn has covered non-conference spreads against KenPom teams in the 200s (on gameday) at 77% rate (10-3), which is phenomenal. Just don't mention St. Joseph's. Overall against all teams 200+ at 67% (19-9).

Reaction Score
raf,360x360,075,t,fafafa_ca443f4786.jpg

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Let’s do em like we did LIU last year. Should be a massacre.

Reaction Score

UConn under Hurley tends to really pound bad teams. Since 18-19, UConn has covered non-conference spreads against KenPom teams in the 200s (on gameday) at 77% rate (10-3), which is phenomenal. Just don't mention St. Joseph's. Overall against all teams 200+ at 67% (19-9).
It's just a question of how far along the bench has come. They will have a big hand in determining the final score.

Reaction Score
The only unanswered question keeping me from driving 10min to the MA border to put obscene amounts of money on UConn is whether we will “take it easy” on NAU and take our foot off the gas at the end of the game since Tim Russo is one of the assistants.

I think we will have absolutely no problem scoring 85+ and could probably score 100+ without much problem…so the main consideration is whether we clamp down on D for 40min and hold them to 60 or less.

Reaction Score
I think NAU covers. I think we slaughter the other buy opponents but this one feels like a 15 point win. First game of the year and integrating a lot of new pieces (plus Clingan's injury) vs a team that could find its way into the NCAAs.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I think NAU covers. I think we slaughter the other buy opponents but this one feels like a 15 point win. First game of the year and integrating a lot of new pieces (plus Clingan's injury) vs a team that could find its way into the NCAAs.
Jalen Cone was their entire offense last year and is at Cal now. UConn should stomp them, and Clingan should feast against every mid major at his size.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I just want to see him on the floor watch the way he moves. If he plays ten minutes and he is running the floor that will be a relief. You can never recreate game conditions from just practice and rehab. I just know from personal experience when coming back from an injury the mental hurdle is never cleared until something happens in the game. Like him going up for an alley oop on a pick and roll and getting hit in the air making him land even a little differently. Remember Hawkins early last year after the concussion issues in his freshman season he went into protocol again after our first game. I thought oh boy….this is going to be a problem. Then about ten days later he was cleared to play. I watched him closely and it was not until a few games later dont remember who we were playing but he goes to the hoop gets hit in the head and kind of bangs his head on the basket support when he lands. I saw concern in his face when it first happened but he went to the line I think he missed the first shot but made the second. But more importantly he stayed in the game and continued playing aggressively. It was shortly after that and we started to see the same player he was before he got hurt in his freshman year. With DC I will only feel comfortable after watching at least through the first physical play he encounters and realizes the foot is good. Fingers, toes and eyes crossed.

Reaction Score
Hopefully I’ll be at the game
Monday 2 years in a row . I hopefully will have a detailed assessment Tursday
I know some NAU grads and
AZHuskiePup thought he might apply there but the rumors he heard of them having a snowboarding major were untrue .and learning they actually had classrooms turned him off .
I’m a Ct kid who hates the snow he is a AZ kid that loves the snow.

Reaction Score
Is the Fox Sports App the only way to watch this on TV? If so does it require a subscription?

Reaction Score
Hopefully I’ll be at the game
Monday 2 years in a row . I hopefully will have a detailed assessment Tursday
I know some NAU grads and
AZHuskiePup thought he might apply there but the rumors he heard of them having a snowboarding major were untrue .and learning they actually had classrooms turned him off .
I’m a Ct kid who hates the snow he is a AZ kid that loves the snow.
So if classrooms turn your son off, did he decide to go to UNC

Reaction Score
I'm not touching the line on this one. This could go:
A) Strong out of the gate, up 52-25 at half en route to a 93-57 final where we cover easily
B) Slow out of the gate, pieces don't mesh, Clingan barely plays, up only 32-25 at half en route to a 75-57 final where we never cover

Reaction Score

I think its a close game. Uconn 67 N. Arizona 64.

Reaction Score
UConn lost their nucleus from last year, are ranked in the Top10 by everyone, and Hurley has the team feeling disrespected. Brilliant! Love that guy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom