UConn 2024 vs UConn 2004 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

UConn 2024 vs UConn 2004

Reaction Score
Thabeet would have caused problems for Okafor too, but that 2008 team didn’t have the great shooters and offense. Dyson was their best perimeter defender. They might have won a title if he didn’t get hurt.
I think Clingan is better than Thabeet. Clingan moves better, and seems to understand the game better. He is a better screener and passer.
In the title game Edey whos bigger and better than Thabeet ever was on his best day started 5-7 against DC head up and then proceed to go iirc 5-14 with two turnovers on travels caused by DC causing him to rush his move. Thabeet gets manhandled by DC. I mean he got bodied twice by a 6`7 Dejuan Blair who used his strength and toughness to bully him.

Reaction Score
Uconn 2024 didnt have the most talented team player for player they were just a better team than everybody else loaded with guys who know how to play in a sophisticated offense. I cant believe im saying this but im simply not sure that 2004 team would be able to stop this offense and it could turn into a game of the last team to score wins and im not sure thats the game you want to play with this 2024 team. If its that type of game 24` wins. If 24` cannot handle that frontline depth of 04` DC/SJ can find themselves overwhelmed and in foul trouble very quickly and its game over. Castle vs Gordon wouldve been fun but does anyone here believe Castle doesnt lock him up too after what we just saw in the tournament? 04 was one of the best teams of the last 30 years and used to be my clear #1 Uconn team of all time and they still might be but im just not sure. `24 may not have been as talented p4p but im not sure `04 could handle Hurleys offense and this backcourt would be a nightmare matchup for them. I say `24 wins the game simply because they won every single big game they played in every tournament they played and most werent even close.

Reaction Score
I don't think there's a college basketball team in the 21st century, and probably further back, that's doing that against last year's team. And 10-0? Absurd.
Have to agree. I had, might still have 04 as the best Uconn team of all time but 1. Im not sure anymore and 2. You are correct. There is no team thats beating `24 no 8-10 times. Thats laughably absurd considering it may be the best team the sport has seen in the last 40 years.

Reaction Score
Castle defending Ben Gordon would be a hell of a matchup alongside, of course, Okafor vs. Clingan.

I feel like the Karaban-Boone matchup favors 2024 pretty strongly.
After what we just saw in the tourney do you reallly have any doubt Castle locks down Gordon? I loved BG an all time husky and a beast for sure but Castle gave the single best defensive performance i have ever seen. The dude locked up some extremely talented players who were taking it to everyone they had faced previously.

Reaction Score
I can’t remember if I shared in this thread or not - but I am pretty close with a guy on the 2004 roster, I’ll keep his identity private.

According to him 2004 would win by “7-12” and that they “had lottery picks coming off the bench”.

Reaction Score
After what we just saw in the tourney do you reallly have any doubt Castle locks down Gordon? I loved BG an all time husky and a beast for sure but Castle gave the single best defensive performance i have ever seen. The dude locked up some extremely talented players who were taking it to everyone they had faced previously.
I don't know who wins between 2004 and 2024. It would be a hell of a match or series. But is there a doubt that Castle locks down Gordon? Of course, locking down Gordon is no easy feat and is hardly a sure thing for any defender. Castle however would still be effective offensively. I think since Castle's lockdown D was so good, some Husky fans forget the guy was a really good offensive player, too, he just wasn't a pure outside shooter.

Reaction Score
I can’t remember if I shared in this thread or not - but I am pretty close with a guy on the 2004 roster, I’ll keep his identity private.

According to him 2004 would win by “7-12” and that they “had lottery picks coming off the bench”.
Shocker, a guy on the 2004 team thinks they would win. Talk to the guys on the 2024 team.

2004 also started two guys who would never sniff the NBA.

Reaction Score

I mean, to be fair, Mr. Tooles (lol just guessing), we don't yet know how guys on the 2024 bench will fair in upcoming drafts. Jaylin Stewart could be a lottery pick in 2025 or 2026, just like Charlie Villanueva was in 2005 and Hilton Armstrong in 2006.

Also, you only play 5 at a time, and 2004 Hilton was not 2006 Hilton.

Reaction Score

A lot of lotto picks back then probably wouldn’t even be first rounders now. Game has changed a lot.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score

Gambling community needs this boiled down to one number rather than a range. Can you ask for that again and let’s get a computer nerd to get a simulation going online. Need the action after the Oilers didn’t win the Stanley Cup…

Reaction Score
What’s the opening line?

Best of 10?

Emeka
Taliek
Rashad
Gordon
Charlie

vs

Cam
Newt
Castle
Karaban
Clingan
(System)

I have my opinion, but need some healthy opinions from the crowd to support an argument with a friend.
'04 +2.5

'24 wins 7 of 10

Reaction Score
What’s the opening line?

Best of 10?

Emeka
Taliek
Rashad
Gordon
Charlie

vs

Cam
Newt
Castle
Karaban
Clingan
(System)

I have my opinion, but need some healthy opinions from the crowd to support an argument with a friend.
Hurley and Staff would find a way to exploit that '04 lineup due to lack of ball handling. I mentioned earlier in this thread that I would start Denham over Rashad for this very reason. Calhoun started Taliek for a reason, but against a powerhouse Team like '24, you would need Denham to provide the viable medium of ball handling/play making and drivability of Taliek and the ability to stretch the defense beyond the 3 point line of Rashad. With Denham as the secondary ball handler I would favor '04...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackruy1

Top Bottom