Men - UConn @2024 NCAA Baseball Tourney > Super Regional in Tallahassee Florida vs. Florida State Seminoles. Gm. 2 Sat. 6/8/24 @11a on ESPN & MIXLR/Fox97.9 | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Men UConn @2024 NCAA Baseball Tourney > Super Regional in Tallahassee Florida vs. Florida State Seminoles. Gm. 2 Sat. 6/8/24 @11a on ESPN & MIXLR/Fox97.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I caught a ration of abuse here at work for this loss. I guess rightfully so given the horrendous score, and the fact that I was probably an obnox during our tourney runs in March and early April!
Same for me and I wasn't even obnoxious. FSU fans had much to say but that was an embarrassing score.

Reaction Score
And we could win 4-1 tomorrow. It’s baseball. Crazier things have happened.

That is a good way of putting it. Performance in baseball can be all over the map one game to the next.

Reaction Score
They’ll come out tomorrow and play well. Their ace may be the difference, but we’ll battle. Best pitcher left in the tourney.

Reaction Score
Not looking good if it is the same umpiring crew as today. Jim had to call them out time and again for incompetence, they don't like it.
He is a very respected coach and they all know it but ..... but .... wait ..... He is not coaching a southern team.
The hit in the shoulder which was way out of the strike zone then, well later everyone knows ..... They told a runner that had hit a double to go back to first base. That to be corrected. Then FSU batter steps into a pitch and is given the base.

Yes the better team won and hit the lights out of our pitching, but any momentum builder was pulled out from under UConn by calls. Not a good officiating crew for this level of ball in MHO.....

That behind us lets go dogs!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Considering all the walks and hbp that we saw yesterday combined with the heat, don’t be surprised if that strike zone is extended today. Find any way to get to Arnold but flat out swinging the bats may have to do it today.

If they can force a Game 3 I think we’ll see an even and fair called game with apressure filled setting early Sunday afternoon in Tallahassee, if that happens. They have their ace going, CWS berth at stake, and they scored 24 runs yesterday. If we’re sitting here tomorrow talking about a winner take all…FSU will be on their heels. Tough feat, but a win will set that up.

Reaction Score
I’m hoping FSU beats itself today either by holding Arnold out for a decisive game Sunday and it backfires or maybe their complacent. Idk but I’m looking for anything to get a game 3.

Reaction Score
Bob Joyce just said the heat/anrtificial turf ate up the catchers yesterday (especially Garbo).

Reaction Score
Bob Joyce just said the heat/anrtificial turf ate up the catchers yesterday (especially Garbo).
Announcer just said both UConn catchers had heat exhaustion.

Reaction Score
That's more like it! Let's not count our chickens but this team is so frickin resilient man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackruy1

Top Bottom