UConn 2023-2024 Women’s Hockey East Championship>NCAA Frozen Four (Thursday 3/14/24 vs. Minnesota-Duluth Bulldogs @7pm ET in Columbus, OH on BIG10+) | The Boneyard

UConn 2023-2024 Women’s Hockey East Championship>NCAA Frozen Four (Thursday 3/14/24 vs. Minnesota-Duluth Bulldogs @7pm ET in Columbus, OH on BIG10+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
IMG_2774.jpeg

Reaction Score
Think this what it will be:

Mn-Duluth v UConn* @ 1 OhioSt
5 Minnesota @ 4 Clarkson

St Lawrence v PennSt* @ 2 Wisconsin*
Cornell v Stonehill* @ 3 Colgate*

Reaction Score
I am really excited for the program.

So now the top four seeds are clear. Despite being hammered by Wisconsin today 6-3, Ohio State is still in first place in the Pairwise.

1. Ohio State
2. Wisconsin
3. Colgate
4. Clarkson

So normally they would send UConn to play MN-D in Columbus. But that would present the possibility of MN-D playing WCHA conference mate OHS in the quarters. So the committee may swap Cornell and MN-D to prevent that. That would solve two problems, namely the Columbus QF with possibly two WCHA teams and the Hamilton QF possibly having two ECAC teams. Or they may not. Who knows? And other types of shifting around might also occur.

Assuming they do execute this one shift, the first round looks like:

Columbus: Cornell v UConn
Madison: SLU v PA St.
Hamilton: MN-D v Stonehill (Pls. disregard my LIU remark of a few days ago)
Potsdam: N/A

The QF's would look like:
Columbus: OHS v Cornell/UConn
Madison: WI v SLU/PA St.
Hamilton: Colgate v MN-D/Stonehill
Potsdam: Clarkson v MN (a rematch of the 2014 title game at QU)

Of course the Committee may have other things up its sleeve, so that means watching the show at 12 noon tomorrow should be entertaining.

Reaction Score
Think this what it will be:

Mn-Duluth v UConn* @ 1 OhioSt
5 Minnesota @ 4 Clarkson

St Lawrence v PennSt* @ 2 Wisconsin*
Cornell v Stonehill* @ 3 Colgate*
MN v Clarkson is a QF game not a first round game. There are only 3 first round games. And I have a strong suspicion they will switch Cornell and MN-D. Not completely convinced, but I think it is more than 50-50.

Reaction Score
Where does it say that? 8 MND plays 9 UConn in the first round in Columbus. If they were 7 they would not be in Columbus.

The male talking head on the show when announced but subsequently corrected after the fact:

Columbus, Ohio Regional
1. Ohio State
8. Minnesota Duluth vs. 9. UConn*

Madison, Wisconsin Regional
2. Wisconsin*
7. St. Lawrence vs. 10. Penn State*

Hamilton, New York Regional
3. Colgate*
6. Cornell vs. 11. Stonehill*

Potsdam, New York Regional
5. Minnesota at 4. Clarkson

Reaction Score
The male talking head on the show when announced but subsequently corrected after the fact:

Columbus, Ohio Regional
1. Ohio State
8. Minnesota Duluth vs. 9. UConn*

Madison, Wisconsin Regional
2. Wisconsin*
7. St. Lawrence vs. 10. Penn State*

Hamilton, New York Regional
3. Colgate*
6. Cornell vs. 11. Stonehill*

Potsdam, New York Regional
5. Minnesota at 4. Clarkson
I will make this point again. Minnesota and Clarkson both have byes in the first round. The winner of their game goes straight to the Frozen Four.

Reaction Score
How come only 11 teams instead of 16?? Not enough programs??

Reaction Score
How come only 11 teams instead of 16?? Not enough programs??
Here's what I was able to find... definitely fewer than the 60 or so men's D1 teams.

"The highest level of women's hockey technically is called the National Collegiate division and includes the 37 Division I teams plus five Division II programs.)"

Reaction Score
Here's what I was able to find... definitely fewer than the 60 or so men's D1 teams.

"The highest level of women's hockey technically is called the National Collegiate division and includes the 37 Division I teams plus five Division II programs.)"

Actually Pairwise lists 44 Women's D-1 Teams...

Reaction Score

The Men's tournament was 12 teams in the 1990s and early oughts I believe. I remember seeing Clarkson playing Western Michigan in Albany in 1996 with South Windsor hero Chris Clark playing for the Golden Knights. My game account is in the HOCKEY-L archives. The very next day they had to play BU. Patently unfair. Better to do what the women are doing with a rest day in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom