UConn 2018 Football Attendance | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn 2018 Football Attendance

Reaction Score
Honestly - UConn needed non alum fans to fill the Rent during 1.0. The reality is that the alums of the flagship are not great fans/supporters of the school and the program especially during down periods. My opinion based on a few data points - horrible endowment compared to other flagships, number of high $$ donors compared to other flagships, unsold, very discounted young alum season tickets. Feels like many of us non-alums bleed national flag blue and white more than many alums..

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Honestly - UConn needed non alum fans to fill the Rent during 1.0. The reality is that the alums of the flagship are not great fans/supporters of the school and the program especially during down periods. My opinion based on a few data points - horrible endowment compared to other flagships, number of high $$ donors compared to other flagships, unsold, very discounted young alum season tickets. Feels like many of us non-alums bleed national flag blue and white more than many alums..

How do you think driving up short term revenue with international students is going to impact that going forward?

Reaction Score
It’s amazing to me how the general population reacts to Uconn sports. When I say that I mean non alums or CT folks with no ties to the school but are sports fans. I have a lot of friends that fall into this bucket. Many happen to be Patriot fans as well which does not help.

This group jumps on bandwagon for hoops and football so fast when they are good. It feels like they care almost as much as me. Attend games in droves, talk positively about teams and never miss a game in person or on TV. Identical group basically wants to shutter the programs when not winning. Such negativity to the point they seem to be rooting for us to be bad. Of course my sample size is not large but this mentality is so evident to me. It also plays into a typical northeast mentality especially for fans of successful pro teams.

So I fall into the bucket of if you win the attendance will take care of itself. Will we have sellouts immediately, of course not. Forget for a minute if we can do it or not, but if we had a UCF type recovery over the next 5 years what do you thunk attendance would look like?
Here's the fact. Uconn BB with all its success and NC's had two down years. Attendance went down fast.
Football never had that equity with the fan base.

The story line with every game being a harbinger of the programs demise doesn't help. Nor does the fact that you have a large portion of the BB fan base rooting against the FB team. Not a good look at any angle.

CT fans want to see their teams win. When they don't they disappear. The ones that don't become miserable and try to bring everyone down to their level.

Reaction Score
Always shocked how many non alums were on this forum.

Reaction Score
While you are right about the weather, nobody cared by that point. We didn’t even come close to a sellout against defending national champs UCF on opening night. No juice.
People didn't care about the game, you're right but they were going to show up because it was homecoming.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
1548795912648.jpeg

Here’s what a sellout in Piscataway looks like.

Reaction Score
Memphis football attendance falls by 9.4 percent for 2018, declines for third straight year

>>Over its seven home games in 2018, Memphis’ announced attendance was 211,247 fans, an average of 30,178 fans per game. The attendance is a 9.4 percent decrease from 2017’s announced attendance of 233,150, and the per-game average is the lowest since Memphis averaged 28,537 fans in 2013.

But announced attendance is different than the number of fans who actually attend a game. Announced attendance is the number of tickets handed out or sold, not how many actually show up for a game.

Based on actual attendance, Memphis totaled 124,643 fans this past season, which averages out to 17,806 fans per game. That’s less than 2017, when the Tigers had 127,153 actual fans for an average of 18,165 fans.<<

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Memphis football attendance falls by 9.4 percent for 2018, declines for third straight year

>>Over its seven home games in 2018, Memphis’ announced attendance was 211,247 fans, an average of 30,178 fans per game. The attendance is a 9.4 percent decrease from 2017’s announced attendance of 233,150, and the per-game average is the lowest since Memphis averaged 28,537 fans in 2013.

But announced attendance is different than the number of fans who actually attend a game. Announced attendance is the number of tickets handed out or sold, not how many actually show up for a game.

Based on actual attendance, Memphis totaled 124,643 fans this past season, which averages out to 17,806 fans per game. That’s less than 2017, when the Tigers had 127,153 actual fans for an average of 18,165 fans.<<

yet mike aresco gets a half share of the tv deal.

sure. why not.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom