UConn 2016-17 Schedule | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn 2016-17 Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Okay, I might get "dumb" but embarrassing and trash???

Its embarrassing because there will be less than a thousand people actually at the game.

Its trash because the game is being played over an hour from campus, with no transportation provided for the students.

Reaction Score
Its embarrassing because there will be less than a thousand people actually at the game.

Its trash because the game is being played over an hour from campus, with no transportation provided for the students.

This game is during the winter break. I have no idea, but does UConn provide transportation to Hartford from Storrs for students for games during the winter break when most students aren't there?

Reaction Score
I was at Freitas today while attending the women's soccer game. I noticed that they had finally put up on the wall the 2016-17 schedules for the UConn ice hockey teams. The men's schedule has the January 12th game against Maine as being held in Bridgeport.
What do they call it when you do the same thing over and over and expect different results? Fairfield County is just not college hockey territory. We have seen this movie before--twice actually--and couldn't draw flies. Yet they do it again

jho

Reaction Score
I don't have a big problem with having one game in Bridgeport. The XL Center isn't available that week due to Disney on Ice and the students are on break anyway. UConn and Maine are playing two days later at Fenway Park so, in effect, both teams are giving up a home game.

Reaction Score
Actually, UConn is giving up 2 home games
UConn played Maine @ Alfond twice last year. This year it was supposed to be 2 homes games against Maine for UConn. Now UConn has a "home" game @ Fenway and now a "home" game @ Bridgeport.

Same thing last year with Barclays being "home" game against ND. Now we have to play 2 @ ND this year

It won't sell out and it won't be empty. They only got 6k for the isles vs capitals preseason on 7pm on a sat. Sucks its on a thrus. I'll be there. Let's hope it's not snowing/sleet/FR again. I bet they'll get around 3k

Reaction Score
I went to 2 games there last time they played in Bridgeport and if they had 1500 it was a lot. And one was Notre Dame who you'd think would be attractive. They'll be lucky to get 1500 for Maine. Downside of playing in the XL .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom