UConn 2016-17 Schedule | The Boneyard

UConn 2016-17 Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Road game against Colgate. Date unknown

Game against Yale. Unknown date and location

Reaction Score
Another return to the desert with Saint Cloud State, Brown, and Arizona State.

Reaction Score
Only 4 non conference games left to complete schedule.

Reaction Score
They are good to get OOC games out of. I would LOVE to see some stuff done with Wisconsin and Michigan and Minnesota down the road.
Heck, Wisconsin is coming to play at Merrimack, so anything's possible. Doubt the Granatos will let that happen again though.

Reaction Score
Heck, Wisconsin is coming to play at Merrimack, so anything's possible. Doubt the Granatos will let that happen again though.

Really? Wisconsin and Minnesota have high school rinks larger than what Merrimack has.

I would really like UConn to develop a OCC rivalry with Penn St. Similar schools, both new to D1 hockey, drivable and can even throw in ice cream tasting contests in between periods.

Reaction Score
Really? Wisconsin and Minnesota have high school rinks larger than what Merrimack has.

I would really like UConn to develop a OCC rivalry with Penn St. Similar schools, both new to D1 hockey, drivable and can even throw in ice cream tasting contests in between periods.
It's puzzling that they scheduled that, though it was under the previous coaching staff who had clearly taken the program off the rails. Wouldn't shock me to see if the new regime tries to weasel their way out of that one.

I wouldn't expect Minnesota or them to be playing in Hartford any time soon. The Gophers have been less than willing to make trips east to play anyone in the last decade. BU apparently called them up about five years ago about scheduling a home/home and they'd only be willing to schedule two out there with no return trip. Parker lol'd, hnng up, rescheduled Michigan and got a series with North Dakota. But then they go and schedule a home and home with Vermont. Not sure what Lucia is doing out there, but he's got a lot of people scratching their heads.

Michigan is another possible target with the Warde connection, but definitely getting Penn State would be a great add. You could call up Sparty too and see if they'd be willing to schedule something.

Reaction Score

A road trip to check out their rink, my opinion, similar to what UConn should pursue... funding ppermitting of course.

Reaction Score
A road trip to check out their rink, my opinion, similar to what UConn should pursue... funding ppermitting of course.
Getting a facility like PSU has would be ideal! Hopefully if they look at "renovating" Freitas they build a second ice surface keeping the present one for practice/public skating/intramurals/hockey and the other as the "arena" playing surface. Put the team facilities (locker rooms, lounges, workout facilities, sports med facilities) in between both ice surfaces.

Reaction Score
I got a little impatient waiting for UConn baseball play in the NCAA tournament, so I passed the time by finding a few dates for the UConn mens ice hockey schedule

Oct 7-8 Alabama-Huntsville
Nov 11-12 @ Ohio State
Dec 2 @ UMass Lowell
Dec 3 UMass Lowell
Dec 30-31 @ Desert Classic - Arizona State

Reaction Score
Got just an e-mail to renew my ST:
14 home games
Nice to see more FRI/SAT. 12/14 are on a Friday or Saturday.

Of course 2 big games are on a tues and a weds
BC: Tues 11/22. (I wonder if they're doing it on purpose).
Providence: weds 2/8

Way better than the 6 Tuesday night games we had last yr

Reaction Score
Got just an e-mail to renew my ST:
14 home games
Nice to see more FRI/SAT. 12/14 are on a Friday or Saturday.

Of course 2 big games are on a tues and a weds
BC: Tues 11/22. (I wonder if they're doing it on purpose).
Providence: weds 2/8

Way better than the 6 Tuesday night games we had last yr

Wow if true that is awesome news. Great schedule. Also would 14 games mean that game vs. Maine@Fenway is considered home then?

Reaction Score
FRI: 10/7 - Alabama Huntsville
SAT: 10/8 - Alabama Huntsville
FRI: 10/21 - AIC
FRI: 11/18 - BU
TUE: 11/22 - BC
SAT: 11/26 - SHU
SAT: 12/3 - UML
FRI: 12/9 - UMASS
SAT: 1/7 - YALE
FRI: 1/27 - UVM
SAT: 2/4 - Merrimack
WED: 2/8 - Providence
FRI: 2/17 - Northeastern
SAT: 2/25 - UNH

Reaction Score
FRI: 10/7 - Alabama Huntsville
SAT: 10/8 - Alabama Huntsville
FRI: 10/21 - AIC
FRI: 11/18 - BU
TUE: 11/22 - BC
SAT: 11/26 - SHU
SAT: 12/3 - UML
FRI: 12/9 - UMASS
SAT: 1/7 - YALE
FRI: 1/27 - UVM
SAT: 2/4 - Merrimack
WED: 2/8 - Providence
FRI: 2/17 - Northeastern
SAT: 2/25 - UNH

Interesting. No XL Center games with either Maine or Notre Dame. Even with accounting for UConn being the "home" team for the Fenway game with Maine, it seems to be an unbalanced Hockey East schedule in terms of home and away games. Is UConn playing two games away at Notre Dame? Or is UConn playing a home conference game against either Maine or Notre Dame at another venue?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Not everyone in Hockey East plays home and home. UConn plays twice at ND this year based on the annual rotation.

OOC home schedule is awful.

Reaction Score
We should play either 2 at ND and Maine at home or the other way around, no? I sort of agree about the NC home schedule but UAH is return to us going there, so we knew that was coming. Yale is a good game and I get the sense that SHU will always be on the schedule . I am sort of glad to see AIC on the schedule if only because they are our most played opponent, our first varsity opponent, opened Freitas, so we have some history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moochi278

Top Bottom