UConn@#20 Wichita State (4/13 Fri. DblHeader starting@4p EDT & 4/15 Sun.@2p EDT) All games on ESPN3 | Page 18 | The Boneyard

UConn@#20 Wichita State (4/13 Fri. DblHeader starting@4p EDT & 4/15 Sun.@2p EDT) All games on ESPN3

Reaction Score
After the weekend (@ Cincy next weekend):

standings.jpeg

Reaction Score
Great news about chase. Sounds like real bad bruise. Agree with penders kid showed big time composure after what was a ridiculous zone in first inning. Bullpen scares the hell out of me....

Reaction Score
Next week could get very dicey. With Cate on the mend and Gardner possibly out, Penders will have to pitch the midweeks with the weekend in mind

I think Penders pitched this past midweek that way as well with all the injuries. As for this coming midweek, I would guess Kersten will start on Tuesday, and Simeone on Wednesday. Colby Dunlop is a weekend starter until Cate and Gardner are ready to start again.

Reaction Score
Now that's a real baseball stadium.

(On campus)

It's all Wichita State. Their baseball facilities/production are crazy.

Adding them was a great decision by the AAC.

Offense is asleep.

Wow... everything about Wichita from their field to this presentation is amazing. Really shows how far behind we are re: facilities. Kind of incredible we've been consistently competitive. Also means I can't wait to see the growth once we have our own awesome field and facilities.

Wichita’s lineup is full of behemoths. Every guy is 6’0+ and 200+

Gotta give Wichita credit. All their facilities look top-notch. They've spent some serious money.

Massively successful program back in the Gary Ward days. Perenial College World Series contender.

Have a feeling it may also have to do with their benefactor down in Wichita. No one important, just one little family called the Koch's...

WSU baseball was (is?) a huge deal there.

No MLB team close by and means so much more than minor league ball.

Thanks for all the kind words mates!

Shocker baseball's facilities were an evolutionary process that coincided with Wichita State's 35 year run as a national baseball power. Gene Stephenson was forever pushing donors to begin the next phase of facilities expansion. It was unfortunate that his career had to end when it did but the program was starting to slip and Gene himself was starting to "slip" off the field.

While Charles Koch has certainly made his presence known to Wichita State over the last 10-15 years or so, I do not believe a single penny of his has ever been allocated to the baseball program. The latest athletic department expansion (heavily funded by Koch) may benefit the baseball program slightly, but I could be wrong.

RH: Needed Space On the Way at Koch, Eck

"Boatright said he expects to start on a $3-million Phase V project at Eck Stadium-Home of Tyler Field, highlighted by a new weight room and clubhouse, in late May or June."

I don't know if any Koch funds are behind this particular expansion, but in the past, it's been all small to medium level boosters fueling Shocker baseball's rise. During the 90's, the dark era of Shocker basketball, it was baseball that sustained us as a fanbase with multiple CWS runs.

Gene Stephenson revived the program back in 1978 and we played baseball on a city owned park. Year by year and win by win we eventually built the program into what you see today.

2706088194_a25299c39d_b.jpg

Gene Stephenson wasn't finished building but time ran out for him. Coach Butler so far has not performed up to expectations during his tenure and his team's above average performance this year has caught everybody by surprise. Investments in Shocker baseball will continue as will the our winning ways... with or without Todd Butler.

Good game guys! You really whipped our asses on Friday.

HuskyU!!! Where are you my friend!!!

T

...:cool:

Reaction Score
Thanks for all the kind words mates!

Shocker baseball's facilities were an evolutionary process that coincided with Wichita State's 35 year run as a national baseball power. Gene Stephenson was forever pushing donors to begin the next phase of facilities expansion. It was unfortunate that his career had to end when it did but the program was starting to slip and Gene himself was starting to "slip" off the field.

While Charles Koch has certainly made his presence known to Wichita State over the last 10-15 years or so, I do not believe a single penny of his has ever been allocated to the baseball program. The latest athletic department expansion (heavily funded by Koch) may benefit the baseball program slightly, but I could be wrong.

RH: Needed Space On the Way at Koch, Eck

"Boatright said he expects to start on a $3-million Phase V project at Eck Stadium-Home of Tyler Field, highlighted by a new weight room and clubhouse, in late May or June."

I don't know if any Koch funds are behind this particular expansion, but in the past, it's been all small to medium level boosters fueling Shocker baseball's rise. During the 90's, the dark era of Shocker basketball, it was baseball that sustained us as a fanbase with multiple CWS runs.

Gene Stephenson revived the program back in 1978 and we played baseball on a city owned park. Year by year and win by win we eventually built the program into what you see today.

2706088194_a25299c39d_b.jpg

Gene Stephenson wasn't finished building but time ran out for him. Coach Butler so far has not performed up to expectations during his tenure and his team's above average performance this year has caught everybody by surprise. Investments in Shocker baseball will continue as will the our winning ways... with or without Todd Butler.

Good game guys! You really whipped our asses on Friday.

HuskyU!!! Where are you my friend!!!

T

...:cool:

Welcome!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member