UConn -2 v. Maryland | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn -2 v. Maryland

Reaction Score
I believe, with everything I have, that our offense is vastly more efficient earlier in the shot clock. We are at our worst shooting late in the shot clock. We are bad at half court offense.

I look at Maryland and see a team that rebounds poorly, which will lead to defensive rebounds. We must, we must, push the ball up court quickly and tack them before they set their defense. I want Bouk, If he must face the B1G DPOY to do so when the defense isn’t set. To do it transition. That will lead to fouls and baskets made. Martin is a much better in that kind of game as well. Our offensive rebounding can be devastating in a transition game.

I get the idea, but I think our team is built to play fast. It has to play fast or it dies on the offensive end. We lost against Creighton because they forced that style on us.
01744bb3d8772b180de821b6cb9e31f1.gif

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I believe, with everything I have, that our offense is vastly more efficient earlier in the shot clock. We are at our worst shooting late in the shot clock. We are bad at half court offense.

I look at Maryland and see a team that rebounds poorly, which will lead to defensive rebounds. We must, we must, push the ball up court quickly and tack them before they set their defense. I want Bouk, If he must face the B1G DPOY to do so when the defense isn’t set. To do it transition. That will lead to fouls and baskets made. Martin is a much better in that kind of game as well. Our offensive rebounding can be devastating in a transition game.

I get the idea, but I think our team is built to play fast. It has to play fast or it dies on the offensive end. We lost against Creighton because they forced that style on us.

I agree, although I think every team is better offensively in transition than they are in the halfcourt. It is always easier to score before the defense sets up, whether it is UConn or a 4th grade rec league team.

I think this Maryland team is a classic major conference mediocrity that has a good computer ranking because the quality of their losses. They pulled off one great win over Illinois, but otherwise they have an NIT resume. The Big 10 has an inflated computer ranking because of a few teams at the top and because it played and won more games than the Big East.

Reaction Score
Literally every win I mentioned featured all 3 of them.

Our losses against good teams that can score (Creighton and Nova) had all 3 playing in 3 of 4.

Not suggesting we shouldn’t try to score points. If we can score 100 that would be great. But we have proven we don’t win games when we have to rely on our offense. We have proven we can win with our defense.

If we play a fast pace and Maryland is hitting their 3s we are going to have to score a bunch to keep up. Show me 1 game this year where we have proven we can get into a track meet AND win. This team isn’t built for high scoring, high pace games.
xavier

Reaction Score
Any updates on RJ? We are going to need him to get through this weekend.

Reaction Score
i dont know what you mean...that was listed as a pick em game along with oregon and rutgers as favorites
I am very confused at his inability to understand this very simple post

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
2011 was won in transition - Kemba scored almost entirely on the run with little setup. 2014 doesn't stick with me as much but pretty sure those games weren't all played in the last 10s of the shot clock. When the current team pushes good things happen too from what I've seen. We slowed down and Creighton rolled us up. Regardless I'm excited for Saturday!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom