UConn -2 v. Maryland | The Boneyard

UConn -2 v. Maryland

Reaction Score
Man, I gotta study up on MD. I don't tnink this is a cakewalk at all and we need to be ready to smack it down and not stop.

Reaction Score
Maryland were swept by Penn State, lost to Indiana, and Northwestern but beat Purdue, Illinois, and Michigan State twice

Reaction Score
1615772662872.png

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I’m taking the under. Posted in another thread that we are the worst team in the field in transition eFG% defense, Maryland has one of the highest 3pt attempt rate, Maryland is worst offensive rebounding team in the field and we are second best in non-transition eFG% defense. Our game plan should be to ply a slow pace, muck it up on the defensive end & get defensive board. If this goes over 130 that’s not good for us. If we keep Maryland below 60 points we should win.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
VCU - Oregon (-5)
Virginia Tech - Florida (PK)
Clemson - Rutgers (-2)

I think you have Oregon and VCU reversed.

Inpicked both Rutgers and VT to win. I think -2/3 is about right for our game. That said if we play well I think we can blow them out. We can also lose. That’s just the nature of the team, and theirs as well it seems.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I’m taking the under. Posted in another thread that we are the worst team in the field in transition eFG% defense, Maryland has one of the highest 3pt attempt rate, Maryland is worst offensive rebounding team in the field and we are second best in non-transition eFG% defense. Our game plan should be to ply a slow pace, muck it up on the defensive end & get defensive board. If this goes over 130 that’s not good for us. If we keep Maryland below 60 points we should win.

Completely disagree. We nearly scored 100 points in two of our last 3. If they are a bad offensive rebounding team than we need to grab boards and push the pace relentlessly. There are few teams with our athleticism and depth. UConn loses slow rock fights. That’s how we played without Bouk and Jackson. That’s ugly UConn.

It’s one of the reasons I think we can surprise people. This team is nothing like what it was.

Reaction Score
It sickens me that anyone can see this team, roster, and results and suggest we play slow.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
@HuskyHawk & @Giddyup5 , you're entitled to your opinions but our 3 best wins this year how many points did we allow? USC 58 points, @ Georgetown 57 points, @ Seton Hall 58 points.

Our losses this year, how many points did we allow? 76, 74, 74, 80, 70, 68, 59

We need to limit Maryland's possessions, they shoot a ton of 3s. They also are a good defensive team. We have to keep them under 60 if we want to win. In the 60s we have a shot. Over 70 and it's not good. The less possessions Maryland has = less shots we have to make. Making shots is not our strength. Defense is our strength.

Defense wins in March. Always has, always will.

Edit: My prediction... UConn 64, Maryland 56

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
no that's correct. oregon the most heavily favored of the 7 seeds

It looked like he had VCU as the favorite because they are listed first. All the other 7 seeds were first. Agree Oregon is the biggest favorite.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
@HuskyHawk & @Giddyup5 , you're entitled to your opinions but our 3 best wins this year how many points did we allow? USC 58 points, @ Georgetown 57 points, @ Seton Hall 58 points.

Our losses this year, how many points did we allow? 76, 74, 74, 80, 70, 68, 59

We need to limit Maryland's possessions, they shoot a ton of 3s. They also are a good defensive team. We have to keep them under 60 if we want to win. In the 60s we have a shot. Over 70 and it's not good. The less possessions Maryland has = less shots we have to make. Making shots is not our strength. Defense is our strength.

Defense wins in March. Always has, always will.

How many of those games featured Bouknight, Jackson and Cole once he learned how to score? We lose slow games to teams that shoot 3s well. St. John’s, Creighton all three times, Nova.

With our full team since Bouk came back, we scored 70+ in every win except Seton Hall, which was 69. In our recent wins counting backwards: 94, 98, 69, 80, 70, 73, 80. In our losses we scored 56, 60, 59.

Interesting note, Martin lead us in scoring 4 times and we won all 4. Cole lead us in scoring 4 times and we lost 3 of those. Nothing more than an indication that if Cole is our main guy it’s because others aren’t getting it done.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom