UConn -2 (Charleston Classic) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn -2 (Charleston Classic)

Reaction Score
What to expect tonight? I think the 2 key things are Gilbert’s play specifically shooting and Bouknight’s debut. If both of those go well we win the game and we might even if they don’t, but if both of those things happen it’s a major shot in the arm.

Reaction Score
What to expect tonight? I think the 2 key things are Gilbert’s play specifically shooting and Bouknight’s debut. If both of those go well we win the game and we might even if they don’t, but if both of those things happen it’s a major shot in the arm.
Yep AG should be 35-40% on FGs if we want to be a tournament team

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I think UConn wins tonight, but probably loses to Xavier tomorrow. That should set up a game against either Miami or Florida, assuming they both win. While I would love to win this thing, 2-1 with wins over Miami and Buffalo and a close loss to Xavier would be a solid result. If Florida can go to the final that helps our strength of schedule.

I think it’s UConn over Buffalo, then losing to X and I’ll say Miami beats Florida in the second round. I think Florida has some real problems. They’ll be (mostly) resolved but I think they’re going to have a ton of growing pains early. I’d be glad to be wrong though as I want that win to stand up but my gut tells me our win over them will be more like our win over Cuse last year with how it kind of faded after we realized what they were than a win over a legit top 15 team.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
just double checking but game time tonight should be closer to 9:30pm (than 9pm) , right ?

MattMang23

Reaction Score
just double checking but game time tonight should be closer to 9:30pm (than 9pm) , right ?

Like the NCAA tourney, that will depend on the game before it. The sessions are divided into two morning/afternoon games and then two night games. We are the last of four.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
No matter, you got to do it on the court. That’s the only thing that counts.
Couldn't agree more. I'm a UConn basketball fan, not a gambler.

Reaction Score
Xavier has been pretty terrible this year; they are definitely beatable. They shot 32.7% against the only team they played with a pulse at home.

Reaction Score
I was able to get UConn this AM at -2.5, just rechecked my site and it's already steamed up to -4. I don't know whether I should be more scared or excited that sharp money is backing the good guys.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Xavier has been pretty terrible this year; they are definitely beatable. They shot 32.7% against the only team they played with a pulse at home.

Which is good because we don’t guard the line well.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I hate that we are the late game and if we win the late game on Friday as well.

MattMang23

Reaction Score

Extra long pregame! You know your beer shytt. Any Boneyard Huskies down here wanna meet up DM me.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Extra long pregame! You know your beer shytt. Any Boneyard Huskies down here wanna meet up DM me.

I‘m just usually falling asleep by 11:30. Plenty of pregame time if we had the 7:00 slot. Then I could bail at half of the second game.

Will probably hit the alumni event at Carolina Ale House

Reaction Score
Just curious... if we win the charleston classic with wins over Buffalo/Xavier/Florida or Miami, are we ranked?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Just curious... if we win the charleston classic with wins over Buffalo/Xavier/Florida or Miami, are we ranked?
Might sneak into the 20s, but probably not. Xavier would be a good win in your hypothetical, but Buffalo and Miami have KenPom rankings of 99 and 60, respectively. Florida won't be so easy to beat on a neutral court in SEC Country, nearly 1/3 the distance from Gainesville as it is from Hartford.

Reaction Score
I was able to get UConn this AM at -2.5, just rechecked my site and it's already steamed up to -4. I don't know whether I should be more scared or excited that sharp money is backing the good guys.

Public money is on UConn. 77% I think I saw are on UConn that's why it went up to 4

Sharp money will come in this afternoon/ early evening

Reaction Score
Love the idea we are late game tmrw. 9:30 on a Friday( if we win ) Have the boys over and grab a
Nice buzz before tip

Reaction Score
Public money is on UConn. 77% I think I saw are on UConn that's why it went up to 4

Sharp money will come in this afternoon/ early evening
Only reason public money is on UConn is because uconn is a popular name and buffalo isn’t. So of course , if u see uconn a Short fave against buffalo, the average Bettor going to take uconn

SubInATub

I have midnight visits
Reaction Score

Yes

2 ranked wins (florida, xavier)
win over florida/miami

probably somewhere between 20-25.

Reaction Score
UConn opens favored by 2 against Buffalo. Honestly surprised by this ( and a little worried.) Thought we’d open up 5.5+ favorites. Thoughts?
Wow incredibly beautiful day in Charleston. I should have taken some shorts. We need to defend the 3 and punish them inside. I have seen tons of Xavier and Florida fans. Not to many UCONN fans yet.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Very torn on this game - UConn is the only team I would root against UB for. If it was last year, I might even root for UB a bit knowing they were a s16 type team and UConn was in a major rebuild.

But I will be happy either way, though I think this game is much more important for UConn than UB. That's my rooting interest tonight, but it will be a battle. UB lost plenty last year, including their coach and many core seniors, but they are plenty talented and coach Whitesell is a very good coach.

I haven't watched as much of either team as I'd like, so I don't have an honest opinion on the game. I'm just excited to end my practice quickly so I can be in front of the TV no later than 9:15.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom