UConn -2 (Charleston Classic) | The Boneyard

UConn -2 (Charleston Classic)

Reaction Score
UConn opens favored by 2 against Buffalo. Honestly surprised by this ( and a little worried.) Thought we’d open up 5.5+ favorites. Thoughts?

Reaction Score
It's early in the season, Buffalo is a solid, top-100 team and handedly beat Harvard, another top-100 team. UConn had a good win against Florida, but reeled against St. Joe's.

In terms of OOC games, you could argue that a win vs Buffalo is the biggest OOC game of the year because it sets up a chance to possibly play Xavier over Towson, but Towson ain't no cupcake either.

Bottom line, it'll be a good game and if UConn comes up on top, it's a good victory. I'm not a sports better, but not a game I'd want a part of.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn opens favored by 2 against Buffalo. Honestly surprised by this ( and a little worried.) Thought we’d open up 5.5+ favorites. Thoughts?
I agree this is a little worrisome. Coming off a nice Florida win I would think the public loves us at -2. Hope I’m wrong and I hope we get this W. Huge game.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score

Line seems right to me. I expect a close game that will come down to free throws and limiting turnovers.

Reaction Score
It would be way too much like this team to have a big win and then lay an absolute egg next game, a la Syracuse then Iowa last year.

Hope I am wrong!

Reaction Score
In Sagarin ratings we should be +3 on neutral court. Have to see Florida is -13half gs ST Joes. Early in season is tough to set lines with Evansville beating Kentucky over time good teams will rise.

Reaction Score
I think we can win this. This is a game we need to win if we want to consider ourselves on the bubble

Reaction Score
It would be way too much like this team to have a big win and then lay an absolute egg next game, a la Syracuse then Iowa last year.

Hope I am wrong!
Luckily Buffalo isn nearly as good as Iowa las year

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
i just fired away....uconn -2 and under 151

being a neutral/away court for both teams, i think that o/u is a bit too high

i also feel that uconn has some swagger right now...i can see us losing to X, but not in this spot

Reaction Score
Yeah that line is weird. U wud think based on name alone UConn wud be at least -3/-4. The fact that it’s only -2 scares me. Average bettor/sucker looking at this Game will prolly jam UConn. Wish we were bigger faves. Don’t have a good feeling now. Hope I’m wrong.

Reaction Score
We have yet to show we can be consistently competitive and these are the type of games that we have to bank in the W column before we start seeing spreads. What it tells me is the makers and street have no read on UConn yet and money is being placed fairly evenly on each side of the table. I wouldn't make much more of it than that. We beat Florida but got smoked by St Joe's, not much you can read from that.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think UConn wins tonight, but probably loses to Xavier tomorrow. That should set up a game against either Miami or Florida, assuming they both win. While I would love to win this thing, 2-1 with wins over Miami and Buffalo and a close loss to Xavier would be a solid result. If Florida can go to the final that helps our strength of schedule.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom