UConn 19-20 Official Roster with Height/Weight | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn 19-20 Official Roster with Height/Weight

Reaction Score
My apologies...3.5 pound over 3 years. Doesn't reflect a commit to strength and conditioning. That's simply growth.

Are you replying to the right post? Because he posted proof he grew 14lbs since freshman year. Idk what you're getting at here

Reaction Score
Let's go over the actual sizes of the guys on our roster, shall we?

Bouknight 6'4 175
Gaffney 6'2 175

Both of these guys are too small. They also haven't been here long. I think it's fair to say they get a pass until the start of next season. Physically, they were recruited for their prototypical size and great athleticism. Bouknight has a lot of work to do, but my understanding is that he has basically done ZERO serious strength and conditioning until he got here in June.

Springs 6'9 220

His issue isn't going to be mass as much as it is strength and hops going forward. He's still young for the class. I think his program strength-wise will be a lot like Carlton. Similar profile coming in.

Vital--6'2 187 (177 as a freshman)
Alterique--6'0 (yeah, right) 180 (
RJ Cole--6'1 180

All three of these guys are at a solid weight. Rique and Vital are too small for their position, but I don't think Sal can change that without some kind of stretching device.

Adams--6'4 200

We can all agree he is a beast. Skill is his problem, not strength.

Tyler Polley--6'9 204lbs (was 185lbs as a senior in HS. 190 his first season here)

I don't think he will ever be the 220+ you'd ideally like from a PF, but his physical transformation has been impressive. He's obviously putting in the work. Hopefully, it will show in his ability to move laterally and stay with smaller players this year.

Whaley 6'8 220--20lb weight gain in the last year.
Carlton 6'11 260--At least a 30lb gain since he got here. 247 has him as 200lbs as a recruit but idk how accurate this is.

Carlton is obviously the crown jewel of this S&C department. But Whaley has really dedicated himself too. Both were soft and skinny when they first got here. Carlton might be the strongest 5 in our league this season. Certainly no complaints there.

Sid 6'7 180 (last year's roster was 177. Not sure about as a recruit)
Akok 6'9 193

These two are the only concerns imo. Sid is a major concern. He and Carlton were THE TWO that had to bulk up. Carlton held up his end of the bargain. Sid is on a program to gain weight, including diet, rest, and exercise and it hasn't been happening. It could just be genetic, but I have heard from a valuable source that he isn't putting in the work like some others, most likely.

Does Akok still get the freshman pass? 8 months is plenty of time with Sal if I'm making a judgment as AD. He was listed at 195 as a recruit, but I know that's not true. I don't know *exactly* the weight he came in at (my source doesn't like it when I ask), but I think it was around 185-190ish. If someone wants to comb through my posts, I may have said it at sometime. I can say confidently that the early going for Akok was A LOT of body weight exercises and lower weight and mobility stuff. He came in stiff as a board, couldn't run correctly, and had a pretty inconsistent motor. Changing his physical profile wasn't as simple as "eat a lot and lift" because he would have been injured. With his long arms, shooting, shotblocking, and height, he SHOULD have been a 5*. He wasn't really because of the physical issues. If Sal and Co. can lock that down, he's an NBA player. I would expect A TON more weight gain and strength from Akok next season now that he has the base of lifting ability ready.
Jeremy lamb is listed at 6’5” and 185

Edit: And Kemba listed at 6’1” and 184

Reaction Score
Are you replying to the right post? Because he posted proof he grew 14lbs since freshman year. Idk what you're getting at here
Either do I. He's either terrible at math or he's been high all day. I didn't think I needed to do the remedial math for him but maybe I should.

Reaction Score
Yes. Not sure the relevance here. Explain?
Those guys are pretty much the same size as Gaffney and Bouknight...do they need to hit the gym hard with Sal? Yes, but they’re not undersized.

Reaction Score
Those guys are pretty much the same size as Gaffney and Bouknight...do they need to hit the gym hard with Sal? Yes, but they’re not undersized.

Well Lamb and Kemba are both known for being slight in the nba.

Both are definitely undersized. Most freshman are; getting stronger is part of d1 sports. You are totally wrong here. Bouknight in particular is going to get bullied--he's probably playing the 3 for us.. he's going to get cooked sometimes this year.

Reaction Score
Either do I. He's either terrible at math or he's been high all day. I didn't think I needed to do the remedial math for him but maybe I should.
I'm exceptional at math and I don't get high. Rivals has him listed at 210 when he committed 09/ 2016

Reaction Score
I'm exceptional at math and I don't get high. Rivals has him listed at 210 when he committed 09/ 2016

I'm not exceptional at math, and I occasionally light up a J. Despite that, even I know that what recruiting services list as weight is just a guess.

The only time you'll get real measurements are the links top 100-type camps will post, sometimes their HS (Polley's hs had him at 185), and definitely the roster when they get on campus. Akok was listed at 210 somewhere too--he definitely lost 20lbs since he got on campus, right?

Reaction Score
Ah, got it. I wish you said that. I was going off what UConn listed him at when he was a freshman. Since I was comparing him to what UConn listed him at in his junior year. Kind of an apples to apples comparison. Who knows where those Rivals stats come from and if they are correct. Then again who knows if the UConn stats are correct either!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom