UConn 19-20 Official Roster with Height/Weight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn 19-20 Official Roster with Height/Weight

C

Chief00

His results have been solid so far. Some guys are following the program. Some aren't.
Dave has seen school’s where everyone follows the program. It shouldn’t be optional. You either do it through positive enthusiasm (Matt King) or accountability with consequences.

Last edited by a moderator:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
As for Carlton, wow if that 260 is even close to accurate he should have a fairly dominant year, he has good hands and solid foot work to go ith his growth on the court last year. He may be the best center in the league.

Wiseman's better than him now.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
You either do it through positive enthusiasm (Matt King) or accountability with consequences.

That's on Hurley then. Already suspended him once.

Reaction Score
Let's go over the actual sizes of the guys on our roster, shall we?

Bouknight 6'4 175
Gaffney 6'2 175

Both of these guys are too small. They also haven't been here long. I think it's fair to say they get a pass until the start of next season. Physically, they were recruited for their prototypical size and great athleticism. Bouknight has a lot of work to do, but my understanding is that he has basically done ZERO serious strength and conditioning until he got here in June.

Springs 6'9 220

His issue isn't going to be mass as much as it is strength and hops going forward. He's still young for the class. I think his program strength-wise will be a lot like Carlton. Similar profile coming in.

Vital--6'2 187 (177 as a freshman)
Alterique--6'0 (yeah, right) 180 (
RJ Cole--6'1 180

All three of these guys are at a solid weight. Rique and Vital are too small for their position, but I don't think Sal can change that without some kind of stretching device.

Adams--6'4 200

We can all agree he is a beast. Skill is his problem, not strength.

Tyler Polley--6'9 204lbs (was 185lbs as a senior in HS. 190 his first season here)

I don't think he will ever be the 220+ you'd ideally like from a PF, but his physical transformation has been impressive. He's obviously putting in the work. Hopefully, it will show in his ability to move laterally and stay with smaller players this year.

Whaley 6'8 220--20lb weight gain in the last year.
Carlton 6'11 260--At least a 30lb gain since he got here. 247 has him as 200lbs as a recruit but idk how accurate this is.

Carlton is obviously the crown jewel of this S&C department. But Whaley has really dedicated himself too. Both were soft and skinny when they first got here. Carlton might be the strongest 5 in our league this season. Certainly no complaints there.

Sid 6'7 180 (last year's roster was 177. Not sure about as a recruit)
Akok 6'9 193

These two are the only concerns imo. Sid is a major concern. He and Carlton were THE TWO that had to bulk up. Carlton held up his end of the bargain. Sid is on a program to gain weight, including diet, rest, and exercise and it hasn't been happening. It could just be genetic, but I have heard from a valuable source that he isn't putting in the work like some others, most likely.

Does Akok still get the freshman pass? 8 months is plenty of time with Sal if I'm making a judgment as AD. He was listed at 195 as a recruit, but I know that's not true. I don't know *exactly* the weight he came in at (my source doesn't like it when I ask), but I think it was around 185-190ish. If someone wants to comb through my posts, I may have said it at sometime. I can say confidently that the early going for Akok was A LOT of body weight exercises and lower weight and mobility stuff. He came in stiff as a board, couldn't run correctly, and had a pretty inconsistent motor. Changing his physical profile wasn't as simple as "eat a lot and lift" because he would have been injured. With his long arms, shooting, shotblocking, and height, he SHOULD have been a 5*. He wasn't really because of the physical issues. If Sal and Co. can lock that down, he's an NBA player. I would expect A TON more weight gain and strength from Akok next season now that he has the base of lifting ability ready.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If the Carlton numbers are close to being true then that will change my opinion about this season.

Reaction Score
For those worried about Akok Akok, Jonathan Isaac was 6'10 185 entering Florida State. Still averaged 12.0 p, 7.8 r and 1.5 b in 26.2 mpg.

Like Isaac, Akok isn't here to be a post-threat, he's here to be am athletic rim protecting, running stretch-4.

Reaction Score
Carlton can be the toughest beast in the world but what happens if he picks up 2 quick fouls? Then we have no muscle up front. Not a lot of room for error but I prefer to see them play before going off the deep end and allow my pressure to spike. All are known deficiencies in our roster that Hurley has been trying to fix.

Reaction Score
Carlton can be the toughest beast in the world but what happens if he picks up 2 quick fouls? Then we have no muscle up front. Not a lot of room for error but I prefer to see them play before going off the deep end and allow my pressure to spike. All are known deficiencies in our roster that Hurley has been trying to fix.
This is my entire point of concern. I know its the offseason and some are talking themselves into Carlton being a worldbeater next year but lack of legitimate depth is a big issue. Also, aside from Vitals 35' heaves, I expect Bouknight to fill the "shot clock running down, iso, get a quality shot" role. I know he's a freshmen and Gilbert will be the leader but Bouk has a special offensive game.

Reaction Score
And when he gets a full roster of kids with the personality he likes to coach

We are talking about a kid Hurley recruited and offered at his previous stop. And at the end of the day these listings are always inaccurate so who cares.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
And at the end of the day these listings are always inaccurate so who cares.

Yeah, but they are usually bumped up. Hope Sid's not a buck seventy.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
Wiseman 210lbs, Carlton 260lbs, Wiseman is a top talent no doubt but giving up 50 lbs to an experienced and highly improved player will be a test for him and we will see how it goes head to head.
Carlton will not be a world beater but I think the world may beat us this year without him

mrl2016

better late than never
Reaction Score
I try not to play detractor too often but I can’t help but be skeptical about Carlton’s weight. Didn’t look noticeably big in the shirtless photo that was posted a few weeks ago imo. Hope I’m wrong

Reaction Score
Wiseman 210lbs, Carlton 260lbs, Wiseman is a top talent no doubt but giving up 50 lbs to an experienced and highly improved player will be a test for him and we will see how it goes head to head.
Carlton will not be a world beater but I think the world may beat us this year without him

It will be a great battle. Wiseman is quick, mordern perimeter oriented. Carlton a bruiser with his back to the basket. Honestly idk if either of them can guard the other very well. Carlton has struggled with top not bigs before, but that was mostly due to size

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom