UConn #18 in cbs sports top 25 rankings | The Boneyard

UConn #18 in cbs sports top 25 rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It means nothing- but I would like to be ranked. We already beat MSU- no one is going to over look us now ranked or not. I want as much good mojo this year as we can get. Being ranked in that range all year would be a huge accomplishment.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It means nothing- but I would like to be ranked. We already beat MSU- no one is going to over look us now ranked or not. I want as much good mojo this year as we can get. Being ranked in that range all year would be a huge accomplishment.
Exactly. I'm hoping KO and the team do enough to get KO in discussion for coach of the year!

Reaction Score
Just think of a ranking as a big duck* you to Mark Emmert and the NCAA. That makes things way more enjoyable.

caw

Reaction Score
I agree, not yet earned. On the flip side of that, who has earned it in the top 25?

Cuse was the only ranked team to beat another ranked team (though in a very flawed setting).

Much better week this week:

UK/Duke (two highly ranked teams)
KU/MSU (two fairly highly ranked teams, also see how good/bad MSU actually is, let's go MSU)
UNC/LBS (decent mid-major for UNC)
Florida/Wiscy (two decently ranked teams)
Gonzaga/WVU (two more decently ranked teams)
VCU/Wichita State (good mid-major battle)

Only (still) ranked teams that looked suspect so far against unranked competition are ND and UK.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Well I was wrong in that I thought we probably wouldn't be ranked after beating them, but hey, good for the team and KO. They deserve every good thing they get this year. My initial thoughts were "I hope they aren't ranked so the team maybe continues to have a chip on their shoulder and grows even closer with better chemistry - us vs. them mentality".

But then as some have pointed out, why not? It's not like UCONN will sneak up on anyone this year. Our backcourt and wings are certainly as good as most of the other best in the nation. Olander is becoming a fan favorite, if he isn't already, and it looks like Wolf has beaten out Nolan...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If we are ranked high enough, long enough, there will be discussion of the APR penalty in more detail. Crapping on UConn will become old hat and writers will look for a fresh angle, especially since it is a lot harder to beat up on us with KO as the face of team. An easy place to go is how UConn is being punished for the honest reporting of grades while UNC is not sanctioned for bolstering it's athlete's grades with no show classes. That becomes a nightmare scenario for the NCAA and Emert because it exposed the rest of the hypocracy in the system as well. It won't help us a bit, though.

Reaction Score
We 'earned it' with a gritty win against 14 ranked MSU, rather than a blowout against Bryant.

Reaction Score
Ollie earned it and the team. They traveled far and wide, through eligibility storms, retiring HOF legend, transfers, through trials and adversity, over the hills and through the snow for their first victory. No other team went through this.

Damn right they earned it!

Reaction Score
Cool trophy. Will look good in the trophy case in our new facility. The game was the first college BB game ever played in Europe. Down the road the trophy will provide some nice history. Now let's get the BB facility built.

Reaction Score
Cool trophy. Will look good in the trophy case in our new facility. The game was the first college BB game ever played in Europe. Down the road the trophy will provide some nice history. Now let's get the BB facility built.
Had no idea it was the first college basketball game in Europe, nice little piece of trivia!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom