UConn @ #15 Northeastern (11/9/18 @ 7p on NESN) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn @ #15 Northeastern (11/9/18 @ 7p on NESN)

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
When you look at NUs building which is a great setup for college hockey and literally a hundred years old it makes it all that more head scratching at what we’re paying $25 MM for

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
It's like a broken record game after game.
Seriously, what the heck....that’s the third win we’ve let get away so far this year. So disappointing.

Reaction Score
They have taken one or two goal leads into the 3rd period several times and they sit back on their heels and don't go for the kill. Tonight they take 2 stupid penalties in the offensive end which leads to tying PP goal. I know it's probably youth, but when do we every stop being young and breakthrough.

Reaction Score
I know it's probably youth, but when do we every stop being young and breakthrough.

That's the eternal question with a young team in any sport, whether it's hockey, baseball, or whatever.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Every chance to get some big wins, get ranked for the first time ever, get some energy going- but no! Let's implode every night!

Reaction Score
Smh... it’s a young team. But they gotta learn close games out! That’s 5 potential hockey east points they threw away in the last 90 seconds of the games. Need more intesity at the end of games.

Reaction Score
That's the eternal question with a young team in any sport, whether it's hockey, baseball, or whatever.
I meant that's seems to be the reason every year since we moved to HE

Reaction Score
I meant that's seems to be the reason every year since we moved to HE

Understood. This is certainly the most talented team UConn has had since joining Hockey East, as evidenced by the ranking of this season's recruiting class. By the same token, without looking at past rosters, in terms of underclassmen on this team this may be the youngest squad that UConn has had since it joined Hockey East. I figured there would be hiccups in getting points and wins, but not necessarily coughing up leads in the final couple minutes of games. I'd like to think that there will be an improvement on consistency on the ice as we get into the second half of the season. But as they say, only time will tell.

Reaction Score
Went to the game. Felt like every other game . Felt like when I was a Whalers fan in the late 80s. Get a lead. Squander a lead. Reclaim a lead. Give up the tying and then winning goals.

Mathews is a nice barn but nothing special, Students upstairs I had pick of seats down low.

Bottom line. Kav's teams need to learn how to win HE is ripe for the pickin this year.... BC starting to heat up ,,,

Reaction Score
Wow missed a great opportunity

Maine, the VT debacle and now this? The talent is fine. IMO, the best in years, but they're young. It's a coaching issue. Cavanaugh has to do a better job of working these guys in a simple defensive scheme to protect a lead. (a 1-2-2, 3 man rotation red line and in, etc.) Bottom-line is that they had the talent to have taken 6 points v. Maine, VT and NE and they end up with 1. That's just simply unacceptable

Reaction Score
Maine, the VT debacle and now this? The talent is fine. IMO, the best in years, but they're young. It's a coaching issue. Cavanaugh has to do a better job of working these guys in a simple defensive scheme to protect a lead. (a 1-2-2, 3 man rotation red line and in, etc.) Bottom-line is that they had the talent to have taken 6 points v. Maine, VT and NE and they end up with 1. That's just simply unacceptable

It is kind of amazing how some don't consider the fact that a guy with no head coaching experience may be a good recruiter but not a great head coach.

Reaction Score
It is kind of amazing how some don't consider the fact that a guy with no head coaching experience may be a good recruiter but not a great head coach.

The best trait of a great coach (leader) is to know what your limitations are. Then you fess up to yourself and back-fill with a dynamic and knowledgeable number 2. I don't think he's done that. They're a bunch of great recruiters, but we need a disciplined X's and O's guy.

Reaction Score
I think Cavanaugh has done a great job recruiting but I don't care for his coaching. To many games like this throughout the past few years along with not being prepared the first period of games. They never play 60 minutes. He should also find a way (maybe power play) to play Ruslan a little more. Clearly has the most offensive skills on this team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom