UConn +15.5 @ Arizona | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn +15.5 @ Arizona

Reaction Score
This will be a true measure of a team bonding far away from home....being totally focused on team oriented preparation and kicking wildcats around the Husky way

Reaction Score
I hope you're right. But as for me, I am going to record it and see what happens. If they win, I will watch with delight. If they lose I will erase with despair.
I've been doing this for the past 3 years. Unfortunately, when I moved, I forgot to extract the 2014 Championship run!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I have no expectation that UConn can/will win this game. They’re bigger, better, faster, deeper and better prepared.

My hope is that we somehow find a way to stay in the game - a ten-point loss would not upset me. Ideally, we will not open the game down 20-4.

What I expect will happen:

We’ll probably open the game down 20-4. Arizona will throw a huge run at us in the first half and Bill Walton will get to spend a full 90-minutes explaining why we’re so bad.
Thankfully, Walton talking about the game for a full 90 minutes is the thing least likely to happen tonight.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Thanks to @Huskybass for reintroducing me to this song, which I had relegated to the dust bin of my mind ever since Starship came out with "We Built This City," which I consider the worst song of all time. In any event, I had forgotten about "Miracles" but gave it another listen as he suggested, and he was right--wayyy better than I remembered. Fast forward to last weekend when I found a used copy of the album on vinyl for $1.00, and brought it home and turned my daughter on to it. And then fast forward to this morning, when it was the first song I heard on Deep Tracks when I hit the treadmill at 6:00 a.m. At this point, it's gotta be mojo, right?

According to @August_West this song cannot be covered. It's uncoverable. Just like Kemba Walker.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Yeah, that would be a tall order.

I mean theoretically you could do it. By putting together a one time configuration of players and singers and it requires A LOT of both. There are so many layers on that song I estimate no less than 12 people on stage to pull it off. With a crap ton of rehearsal and an incredible attention to detail it could be pulled off.

But that is perfect world scenario. In the actual world there doesnt exist a band in their current configuration that could cover all the parts needed to pull it off. And that is not even addressing covering Marty Balins vocal parts which is an incredibly tall order or the call and response grace slick/ensemble stuff.

Really incredible song.

A total studio song though.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I mean theoretically you could do it. By putting together a one time configuration of players and singers and it requires A LOT of both. There are so many layers on that song I estimate no less than 12 people on stage to pull it off. With a crap ton of rehearsal and an incredible attention to detail it could be pulled off.

But that is perfect world scenario. In the actual world there doesnt exist a band in their current configuration that could cover all the parts needed to pull it off. And that is not even addressing covering Marty Balins vocal parts which is an incredibly tall order or the call and response grace slick/ensemble stuff.

Really incredible song.

A total studio song though.
Yeah the layers and Balin's vocal are both pretty daunting to think about recreating without having it crash and burn. And it's such a long song that the wreckage would be painful.

I'm psyched to have rediscovered it though. I seriously think it had been decades since I heard it until Huskybass posted it a few weeks ago, which is why it was so interesting to hear it on Deep Tracks this morning. I've been listening to Meg Griffin's morning show there for at least five years and have never heard her play it before.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I understand that hope is in short supply. But UConn has won games as a similar underdog and lost them as a big favorite. So has every other team. It’s not even all that unusual. Upsets in college basketball are very common.

Reaction Score
"A little reality" is you insulting him when he has the audacity to express some optimism about the game? it's sports for god's sake. Some of you clowns are unreal. He'd rather hope they win than expect them to lose. It's his prerogative.

You yourself said you gave up your tickets for this game rather than witness a blowout. It seems like you see it the same way I do.

I wish I could be optimistic for an upset, but it's just not there anymore.

Reaction Score
Someone pretty confident in Zona.

money-1428594_1280-720x480.jpg

Reaction Score
You yourself said you gave up your tickets for this game rather than witness a blowout. It seems like you see it the same way I do.

I wish I could be optimistic for an upset, but it's just not there anymore.

I think they're probably going to lose. But I'm not going to insult somebody who expresses optimism because they're a fan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom