UConn (-14) v. ECU | The Boneyard

UConn (-14) v. ECU

Reaction Score
ECU -- one of the worst offensive teams in college basketball at #275 in points per game (#304 Adj O on KenPom)

Also very bad with retaining possessions at 14.9 turnovers a game or #293 in college basketball; this should play nicely into UConn's pressure defense for easy fastbreak points.

As we all know, UConn has an issue fouling too much. Guess who is not too far behind in that department? ECU ranked #317 in fouls/game.

ECU's semi-redeeming qualities are defense (#155 in points allowed a game or #157 Adj D on KenPom).

It sounds like Alterique will not be available tomorrow but hopefully Jalen, CV, and Tarin with a hint of Polley can carry the team and cover.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Somehow they're the only team to beat Cincy. Makes no sense.

Cronin: "They (his team) were arrogant. They didn't follow the scouting reports. This was the worst defense we've had since I can't remember."

Also contributing: 3-19 from three, 8-18 on FTs.

Just a real bad night for them.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Gives me something to do as I wait for the Super Bowl. But what idiot allowed a game to be scheduled on Super Bowl Sunday? I think Hurley will make some changes in our schedule next year.

Reaction Score
Win this and move into 7th place in the conference

Reaction Score
Gives me something to do as I wait for the Super Bowl. But what idiot allowed a game to be scheduled on Super Bowl Sunday? I think Hurley will make some changes in our schedule next year.

Only 13 total games today, with eight starting at 1:00 or earlier. Very odd to have a 2pm game on Superbowl Sunday.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Love that there is a hoops game today.
Only reason I’m getting out of bed.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Didn’t UConn play St John’s at noon in the mid 90s on Super Bowl Sunday - but it was the lead in to the pre game show?

Reaction Score
Gardner scares me, who can control this kid? If he was on our side we'd be going into this game at 15-6, 16-5.

What is going on with Alterique while I liked hearing no structural I don't like not hearing much at all since.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Didn’t UConn play St John’s at noon in the mid 90s on Super Bowl Sunday - but it was the lead in to the pre game show?

I can find a St John’s CBS game the day before Denver/Atlanta. Could have sworn there was a SBS game back in the dat.

Reaction Score

I don't mind Super Bowl Sunday as much as 2:00 is kind of late. Wake/Clemson, Purdue Minnesota, Georgetown/Nova, Xavier/Creighton are all at 12:00. Could be worse though...Stanford/Cal at 4:00 (Yikes!). And none of these games are on ESPN/ESPN2/CBS/FOX/NBC (you get the idea).

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't mind Super Bowl Sunday as much as 2:00 is kind of late. Wake/Clemson, Purdue Minnesota, Georgetown/Nova, Xavier/Creighton are all at 12:00. Could be worse though...Stanford/Cal at 4:00 (Yikes!). And none of these games are on ESPN/ESPN2/CBS/FOX/NBC (you get the idea).

unless you are coming from far away it’s not bad. brunch res at 12:45 - game at 2:00 - out of there about 4:00 - grab some pizzas on way home - back in the garage by 4:45 or so. still three more features on how belechik uses special scissors to cut off his sleeves

Reaction Score
Gardner scares me, who can control this kid? If he was on our side we'd be going into this game at 15-6, 16-5.

What is going on with Alterique while I liked hearing no structural I don't like not hearing much at all since.
look at the ecu interview thread. al is seen in the background with polley shooting while Hurley is being interviewed. His form looked good. I still think he will still sit out this game and be ready for temple

Reaction Score
unless you are coming from far away it’s not bad. brunch res at 12:45 - game at 2:00 - out of there about 4:00 - grab some pizzas on way home - back in the garage by 4:45 or so. still three more features on how belechik uses special scissors to cut off his sleeves

Yea if you're not hosting people for the Super Bowl it's a non-issue. It's ideal if you're going to someone else's place. Game from 2-4, then party from 4-10 for Super Bowl.

Reaction Score
look at the ecu interview thread. al is seen in the background with polley shooting while Hurley is being interviewed. His form looked good. I still think he will still sit out this game and be ready for temple

That was Tarin, unless you're referring to CV who was in the way back. Al was not in that video. Yakwe was though, and he looked okay. Could see KY make a return.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Get this.My daughter goes to ECU and wears UCONN HUSKY clothes and cheers for Mom and Dads college...

I LOVE IT !!!!
I remember when we played there in Rodney’s first season here he got a ton of crap from their students...who were all actually NC St fans. If you grew up rooting for UConn but went to CCSU would want CCSU to beat UConn?

Reaction Score
That was Tarin, unless you're referring to CV who was in the way back. Al was not in that video. Yakwe was though, and he looked okay. Could see KY make a return.
sorry. did not look close enough

Reaction Score
I remember when we played there in Rodney’s first season here he got a ton of crap from their students...who were all actually NC St fans. If you grew up rooting for UConn but went to CCSU would want CCSU to beat UConn?
YES...not a question. Fantasy scenario: UConn goes 34-2 and CCSU goes 36-0. CCSU beats UConn in Reg season and in the finals of the NCAA Championship.

Reaction Score
Im pretty sure we played Virginia at the Civic Center on Super Bowl Sunday in 1995 or 96. I was at the game and remember a lot of people leaving early.

Reaction Score
Get this.My daughter goes to ECU and wears UCONN HUSKY clothes and cheers for Mom and Dads college...

I LOVE IT !!!!
Blasphemy...from an ECU standpoint.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom