UConn -14.5 v. Xavier | The Boneyard

UConn -14.5 v. Xavier

Reaction Score
I haven't seen anyone else talk about this, so I don't know if I'm just missing something obvious, but anyone else think it's weird that the #2 team in the country, the best team in the conference, and #1 seed got all the non-primetime BET game slots? Playing at noon on a Thursday seems awful.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I haven't seen anyone else talk about this, so I don't know if I'm just missing something obvious, but anyone else think it's weird that the #2 team in the country, the best team in the conference, and #1 seed got all the non-primetime BET game slots? Playing at noon on a Thursday seems awful.
I was wondering about this myself. Looks like I’m bringing the iPad to work tomorrow.

Reaction Score
UNC and Arizona play at noon tomorrow
Purdue and Tenn play at noon on Friday

It is typical for the 1 seed to have the first game of the quarters

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Number one seed always plays at noon same thing in all the other major conference tournaments

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Number one seed always plays at noon same thing in all the other major conference tournaments
Correct - the times are established long before anyone knows the seeds and I believe they are setup to give the #1 seed the best amount of rest between games.

Reaction Score
Correct - the times are established long before anyone knows the seeds and I believe they are setup to give the #1 seed the best amount of rest between games.

More eyeballs on the tv later on in the evening watch more competitive matchups

Reaction Score
Well good thing since that’s what the schedule said for the last month and a half and I got tickets. But yes. Should get the promotion need to find a way for ticket buyers to switch times. Sell team tix vs time slots.

Reaction Score
Wow I said 11-13 in that other thread and the KenPom line is 12, so 14.5 is giving us a lot of credit for being better than our metrics, Xavier being tired from playing day before, and us beating them by 43 last time.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Opener.

Think it may be close to start but pull away in the 2nd half.
Tied at 20 with 9 minutes left in the first, 38 -24 at the half, 78-55 at full time.

1200 start is good for our guys that are fasting for Ramadan.

Reaction Score
Xavier is not going to roll over after we eviscerated them last time in XL. I expect it to be within ten at the first timeout of the second half. We'll cruise from there

Reaction Score
Opener.

Think it may be close to start but pull away in the 2nd half.
Nailed it.
Star Wars Salute GIF

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I've always thought that an additional benefit can be that the highest seed, if they win, gets to see/scout later competition in a game situation in a more relaxed situation, less so than needing to focus energies on the upcoming game later that day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom